• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
MS Store link sh!t the bed almost immediately. Rakuten Books not even up yet. Yodobashi only has the S at the moment. I lucked out with Amazon (Series X).

Oct 28, 2017
Got the X on Amazon!

But I'm still wondering if I should wait for Rakuten books cos I have over 10,000 in points to spend. Or order one that can be picked up from a nearby location (eg Bic Camera) because I just know Amazon delivery guy won't come until like 5pm

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Not sure what the deal is with controllers on Amazon. By the time I found the page for the blue was all gone? Or they just added the page without stock yet.

Amazon | Xbox ワイヤレス コントローラー (ショック ブルー) | ゲーム

Xbox ワイヤレス コントローラー (ショック ブルー)がゲームストアでいつでもお買い得。当日お急ぎ便対象商品は、当日お届け可能です。オンラインコード版、ダウンロード版はご購入後すぐにご利用可能です。

They are on Yodobashi though so I just grabbed one there. Had points to use anyway.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
This was a fucking shitshow. My homey in Tokyo was there at midnight and the MS site kept rejecting all the payment methods he'd previously used on that MS account. Amazon's sold out, as is Yodoba.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
This was a fucking shitshow. My homey in Tokyo was there at midnight and the MS site kept rejecting all the payment methods he'd previously used on that MS account. Amazon's sold out, as is Yodoba.

Yeah had same problem with the MS site. Got it in cart to final confirm order screen then... nope item no longer available. Hope I don't end up with a million charges from them later lol.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Did you pay through PayPal? As far as I'm aware, paying through PayPal Checkout is the only way for them to permanently take your funds.
I'm wondering the same thing 🤔 From what I read is that they'll put in a full price charge on your card and refund it no later than 5 days, then they'll charge you again when the item ships. Unless you use PayPal, in which case they fully charge you upfront.

Yeah, I paid via PayPal, so that explains it. Thanks for the info!

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
Now I have survivors guilt because all my buddies in Japan weren't able to get one. Is this the same country where literally nobody lined up for the Xbox One on launch date? Or did they just allocate 1000 units to Japan?

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I fucked up thinking it will be easy getting a series x a day after pre orders went live in the uk. Is it true theres no more stock till November?
I'm trying to think back to the last launch, and I want to say that they'll make more stock available every once in a while through launch, but that the estimated delivery/availability date for each batch will be pushed back. So for example, we may get notifications on October 15th that more stock is available on the various websites, but it will have estimated delivery times of November 22-25. Then early November there will be more availability, but with deliveries scheduled for early December, etc.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
S definitely seems to be lasting longer on Amazon Japan? Still showing I can add to cart after 10 min of being up

Edit: Ok gone now it seems

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
Got the X on Amazon!

But I'm still wondering if I should wait for Rakuten books cos I have over 10,000 in points to spend. Or order one that can be picked up from a nearby location (eg Bic Camera) because I just know Amazon delivery guy won't come until like 5pm

Do you have an account with Yamato Transport (through which Amazon Japan does a massive amount if not all of their shipping)? If you do, you can specify the date and time of shipment after it leaves Amazon. Extremely convenient service.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Damn! I thought the pre-orders in Japan were going live Friday morning for some reason. I didn't hear about a midnight pre-order.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To a mom of one of my former students. I knew she was talking in on about wanting to buy him the new Xbox a few months ago, and I knew she probably wasn't thinking about needing to order one early. So I shot her a quick text last night and she was elated!

Feels good!

I can see now how my post could imply scalping. Haha. Nope. I'm a good guy. I tried to scalp one time several years ago to make some extra cash and it failed miserably, and I learned my lesson hard.

nice! I've offered my backup order on Amazon to a few friends but so far no one is interested :-/

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Do you have an account with Yamato Transport (through which Amazon Japan does a massive amount if not all of their shipping)? If you do, you can specify the date and time of shipment after it leaves Amazon. Extremely convenient service.

I wonder if this depends where you are. Lately my stuff has been coming by Amazon delivery which is kind of crappy but at least they don't mind just leaving stuff by the door (which isn't bad since I live in the boonies anyway).

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Let the scalping commence! Not as bad as the 450,000 Yen PS5's at least.

ufTBdBC.jpg

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm trying to think back to the last launch, and I want to say that they'll make more stock available every once in a while through launch, but that the estimated delivery/availability date for each batch will be pushed back. So for example, we may get notifications on October 15th that more stock is available on the various websites, but it will have estimated delivery times of November 22-25. Then early November there will be more availability, but with deliveries scheduled for early December, etc.
With ps4 on launch I managed to just walk in game and get the ps4 but it was a bundle. I hope I might be able to do the same thing with the series x even if it means I have to pay more for a bundle i dont really want.

Would really like one as early as possible it's going to be for my son's birthday that is a few says before launch. Honestly surprised it's all sold out as I imagined the UK would get the largest amount of stock after the U.S obviously. Can only wait and see when more stock is available and try and get a pre order or it will have to be searching for one on launch day.

Oct 28, 2017
I think so. But I also think the last few things I ordered from Amazon didn't come via Yamato, the redelivery slips might have been Amazon branded actually like the mail person was contracted by Amazon directly...? I'll look into it

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
With ps4 on launch I managed to just walk in game and get the ps4 but it was a bundle. I hope I might be able to do the same thing with the series x even if it means I have to pay more for a bundle i dont really want.

Would really like one as early as possible it's going to be for my son's birthday that is a few says before launch. Honestly surprised it's all sold out as I imagined the UK would get the largest amount of stock after the U.S obviously. Can only wait and see when more stock is available and try and get a pre order or it will have to be searching for one on launch day.
Oh yeah, I was thinking just more in terms of preorders. On launch day there should be in-store units available I think. And those will similarly get restocked over time.

More recently, I remember with the Switch it was like you could just stop into Best Buy / Target randomly and they would have some stock you could grab.

I think if you're vigilant things will work out.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why do I feel like I will impulse purchase a Series S or something, lol.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Grabbed the S off of Amazon Japan. I tried going for Yodobashi, but my order didn't go through on the last step. I had to fill in my credit card credentials again, which slowed the process down.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Anyone that preordered the Xbox series x|s from the Microsoft Store:

Does your order show up in your order history? Mine doesn't.

I did get a confirmation email with an order number. I can view the order by clicking on the link in my email though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone that preordered the Xbox series x|s from the Microsoft Store:

Does your order show up in your order history? Mine doesn't.

I did get a confirmation email with an order number. I can view the order by clicking on the link in my email though.
I did and I think it shows up in your MS billing part of The account. I don't think it appears on the Order side until paid/shipped I think.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone else's preorder from gamestop say "Awaiting product availabilty"? and when I click "view details", it says "Order not found"

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone be a bro and help catch me up to speed. The latest Zenimax and GamePass stuff have put me over the edge for an X. I managed to get two PS5 preorders and now want to get an X (I might sell a PS5 at msrp for an X?).

Question 1:
If I want to do the $35/month thing for the X, is that ONLY possible via Microsoft's website?

Question 2:
Work pulled me away during preorders, are there expectations for any more to go up before release?

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone be a bro and help catch me up to speed. The latest Zenimax and GamePass stuff have put me over the edge for an X. I managed to get two PS5 preorders and now want to get an X (I might sell a PS5 at msrp for an X?).

Question 1:
If I want to do the $35/month thing for the X, is that ONLY possible via Microsoft's website?

Question 2:
Work pulled me away during preorders, are there expectations for any more to go up before release?
1. No

2. probably

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
So, for example, if Amazon has more stock tomorrow and I snag one, they list out the $35/month financing option?
It's not available through Amazon so no. It's limited to certain stores.
  • Australia at Telstra
  • Canada at EB Games
  • Denmark at Elgiganten
  • Finland at Gigantti
  • France at FNAC
  • New Zealand at Spark
  • Norway at Elkjøp
  • Poland at Media Expert
  • South Korea at SK Telecom
  • Sweden at Elgiganten
  • UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
  • United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
Anybody get a confirmed release date from their Amazon US order yet? A bit nervous it'll come my way and say December 2021 or something.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So, for example, if Amazon has more stock tomorrow and I snag one, they list out the $35/month financing option?
But I wouldn't necessarily expect it to go up even if the consoles are available, it does feel like a separate thing that they have to enable specifically. One of the issues that happened during preorder day. And some places let you sign up for All Access in person, and other places don't.

Anybody get a confirmed release date from their Amazon US order yet? A bit nervous it'll come my way and say December 2021 or something.
That would be QUITE the delay...

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
It's not available through Amazon so no. It's limited to certain stores.
  • Australia at Telstra
  • Canada at EB Games
  • Denmark at Elgiganten
  • Finland at Gigantti
  • France at FNAC
  • New Zealand at Spark
  • Norway at Elkjøp
  • Poland at Media Expert
  • South Korea at SK Telecom
  • Sweden at Elgiganten
  • UK at GAME and Smyths Toys
  • United States at Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Microsoft Store, and Walmart
Awesome, good to note. I'll keep an eye out with Wario64. Otherwise, I'll just get one post-launch. No need to rush to get one when I have Switch and PS5 stuff competing with my time in the next two months anyway.