• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
I haven't been in this thread for a couple hours but did anyone end up getting All Access or did more info ever come out on that?

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ

Pho King

Jan 8, 2018
Still can't believe I pulled this off.

50372584343_fcdcb2222d_h.jpg

Got both consoles, both models that I wanted, from the retailer I wanted to get them from, both for in-store pickup (hopefully midnight launches).

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!

Wished I'm as lucky as you were. I got my preorder in for both consoles, but I really wanted to get them at Best Buy with my Rewards and BB Credit Card.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I have a hunch that they will be adding more preorder drops as we get closer.

A compaby will always take guaranteed sales.
That's what I was thinking, but then I was trying to think back to next year and remember if there were incremental "stealth drops" on the lead-up to launch.

I feel like maybe there were, but they weren't going to hit at launch. Like in October additional stock became available but with estimated shipping dates like in early December.

Is that what you remember?

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
So has Amazon just said "fuck it" with Series S pre-orders? They've never gone live. Haven't seen anyone on here say they got a S or on Twitter.
Yeah it's funky.

I think it might be because the product description on Amazon is wrong.

It says "Watch 4K Blu-ray movies and stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Microsoft Movies & TV, and more"

Amazon.com: Xbox Series S: Video Games

Amazon.com: Xbox Series S: Video Games

If Amazon went live while that was in the description for a diskless console, that could cause some problems. I am surprised such a simple thing would take so long to fix though.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Not yet. A regular external HDD will be good for cold storage for Series S/X games and to play backwards compatible games from. It's not a bad option until SSD prices come down a bit.

That's what I might do for my Series S. Don't see myself needing that many next gen games ready at all times, and transferring between HDDs is pretty fast.

Apr 30, 2019
Friends told me not to get the series X because I did not have a tv to support it.

Thanks bestbuy

Best Buy Coupons | (40% OFF DISCOUNT CODE) | Jun 2021

Use our valid 40% off Best Buy coupon to get a discount on TVs, laptops, phones & more plus receive free standard shipping on orders above $35. See all 28 Best Buy coupons, promo codes & discounts for Jun 2021.

I haven't been in the market for a new TV in a while. Do you think we'll see deals that good during black friday?

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was letting military personnel/vets know the XSS/X were up on the military store.

A long time ago. They sold out roughly the same time everything else did. I snagged one about 4-5 minutes after the other sites went up, when AAFES launched theirs.

Tax free for exactly $499 sounds good to me.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Can I change my shipping address at a later time with the Microsoft store? I'll be moving between now and launch day. I can't seem to find a way to update my shipping information.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
How did the in-store GameStop pre-orders work for the group here?

First Gamestop I went to had a sign up on stating there were 6 Series X and 2 Series S pre-orders available. Arrived shortly after 10am and there were over a dozen people in line. Didn't stay.

Second Gamestop, no sign on the door, but there were just 9 people out front so I decided to get in line. A dude who'd been waiting since 8am, said they had 7-8 X's and 4 S's. If a couple of people go S, I might be ok, so I wait. After a few minutes the clerk comes out with 7 game sheets in his hand, asking who is getting the X. The first 7 people in line all raise their hand a get a sheet. He confirms there are enough S's for the three of us remaining....I didn't stay.

I did learn at GS #2 that GS#1 was doing a waiting list of some sort for extra stock, which explains why more people than there were Xbox's were waiting.

Oct 21, 2019
First Gamestop I went to had a sign up on stating there were 6 Series X and 2 Series S pre-orders available. Arrived shortly after 10am and there were over a dozen people in line. Didn't stay.

Second Gamestop, no sign on the door, but there were just 9 people out front so I decided to get in line. A dude who'd been waiting since 8am, said they had 7-8 X's and 4 S's. If a couple of people go S, I might be ok, so I wait. After a few minutes the clerk comes out with 7 game sheets in his hand, asking who is getting the X. The first 7 people in line all raise their hand a get a sheet. He confirms there are enough S's for the three of us remaining....I didn't stay.

I did learn at GS #2 that GS#1 was doing a waiting list of some sort for extra stock, which explains why more people than there were Xbox's were waiting.

Oof - sorry to hear that. The "wait list" thing probably did not affect the number of people in line and honestly should not have affected your decision to bail; good on you for seeking a system elsewhere. Did you happen to find one online?

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the UK Microsoft Store is giving reward points with the Series X purchase? I have two pre-orders open and trying to decide which one to go for.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Oof - sorry to hear that. The "wait list" thing probably did not affect the number of people in line and honestly should not have affected your decision to bail; good on you for seeking a system elsewhere. Did you happen to find one online?

It's all good. I probably should have added snagged one from Amazon after a one hour deathmatch with the MS Store.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
Is it insane just to buy a Series X just for Gamepass? I have a PC but it seems Gamepass for PC do not have all the titles. A recent notable one was RDR2

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
So has Amazon just said "fuck it" with Series S pre-orders? They've never gone live. Haven't seen anyone on here say they got a S or on Twitter.
As of now, its been T-Minus 9 hours since pre-orders started, and my guess around 7 since the page went live, but orders never did. Around the time Best Buy started, I kinda just said "f it" and bought it from Best Buy. It still is baffling to me why they never went live seeing it was everywhere else, hell Amazon sites in other countries were fine. I want to guess that either Amazon may have not been allotted much of them for the US (especially after seeing after Major Nelson's tweet citing most orders have been filled), or that scalpers got a hold of the direct link and got them all before we even saw it go live (kinda like the PS5). Either way, imo this kinda falls more on Amazon's front that MS, but we won't know for sure.

badabeezy

Oct 27, 2017
Man this sucks. Had all my MS credits ready to go and I could only order through credit card since the store was broken. Customer service couldn't change my payment method so I had to cancel my order. Now back to square one and hoping they add more Series X to the store before Nov 10th :(

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Is it insane just to buy a Series X just for Gamepass? I have a PC but it seems Gamepass for PC do not have all the titles. A recent notable one was RDR2

I think if you have a home theater setup with a decent 4K tv and nice surround sound, then it's not that insane. If you don't then it is, IMO. Just thinking about what a console experience offers over PC.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
No, that's why I bought one. I'm probably going to be one if the worst Ms customers for a couple years. They sell a console to me for a loss and then I don't have to buy any games for a couple years.

I'll probably dabble in some bc 360 titles because that's the most appealing part of series x to me outside gamepass. Play older games with improved frame rate and resolution. Even hdr features.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
No, that's why I bought one. I'm probably going to be one if the worst Ms customers for a couple years. They sell a console to me for a loss and then I don't have to buy any games for a couple years.

I'll probably dabble in some bc 360 titles because that's the most appealing part of series x to me outside gamepass. Play older games with improved frame rate and resolution. Even hdr features.
at this point i barely need to buy games on xbox. I have game pass, games with gold, ea access. And most of the stuff i play is free anyway (apex legends/fortnite/cod warzone/destiny 2)

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It just occurred to me: I signed up for "notify me when this product is available" from, if I recall correctly, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Gamestop.

Didn't receive an e-mail from any of them.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I got a Series S preorder for Best Buy to finally go through. I don't trust it though lol.

Seems like that pre-order button comes back randomly. I got lucky.

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't turned on my Xbox One S for a while and god damn, I was stupid not to play on my Xbox One S more. Thought Dragon Age wasn't coming out on gamepass for a little while longer, Wrong. Installing 4 or 5 games I want to play already.

Think I bought the PS5 just because I had the chance to. But I'm really glad I decided to pre-order the One X today. Especially now that I know that I can buy any Xbox One game today (like Star Wars) play it and continue on when my Xbox One X comes.

Might just cancel my PS5 pre-order and get it in 2021 or when the slim version comes out.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
All the existing Xbox One titles on Gamepass (not bought) will be playable on Series X day 1?

Feeling better about my preorder now .. lol

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
I haven't been in the market for a new TV in a while. Do you think we'll see deals that good during black friday?

Black Friday is okay but usually nothing too amazing. Usually Jan around the Superbowl and then thru April are usually the best times for better TVs.

All the existing Xbox One titles on Gamepass (not bought) will be playable on Series X day 1?

Yes. All Xbox One titles will be playable (except Kinect specific titles).

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, from Xbox website:

Will my previous Xbox games work on Xbox Series X?

Xbox Series X is compatible with thousands of games across four generations of Xbox. And, with Smart Delivery games, you buy a game once and get the best version of that game for the console you're playing on. To play a backward compatible game, insert the disc or search your library and select the game you want to play.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is my first console that I don't have to shell out extra money for launch titles.. and still get access to hundreds of titles on day 1