• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I swear, some employee at bestbuy.com is just taking the piss now. That PRE-ORDER keeps reappearing with no available stock. I've clicked ADD TO CART about 400 times, all with instantaneous error messages.

I feel bad for you, you've been trying so hard all day. I've been there.

Truly hope you'll score 1 eventually.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So my Xbox was ordered as a gift (still ships to myself, just is said to be a gift), is that fine? Does it being a gift add any price or cause any changes?

Yeah, you are good. The only change is instead of a receipt of your invoice, it will instead be a gift receipt (doesn't list the price, just the item(s)).

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Two here. MS store+Amazon.

I'm too old to arse with it any further than that. Although now after a few hours break I'm idly trying to score one of these BB stragglers (main benefit being, possibility of store pickup, may make it >my other preorders)

Edit: just got through to BB, store pickup was unavailable at the 2 stores nearest me evidently. Good, I'm done.
I was able to get mine with instore pickup at my local store. Hopefully they do a midnight pickup. These consoles come out during my two week break (I was supposed to be going to Japan).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Mine looks like this.

Adobe-20200922-091911-picsay.png

And if I click in, like this.

Screenshot-20200922-213636-Chrome-picsay.jpg

Mine says we will email you when we have a expected delivery date. So does my PS5 on Amazon.

It's US vs UK tho so I expect that's the difference.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So my Xbox was ordered as a gift (still ships to myself, just is said to be a gift), is that fine? Does it being a gift add any price or cause any changes?

Mine says gift order too when I'm 99% sure I changed it to not a gift in the checkout options. Must have been something to do with the link. Oh well, I aint touching the order now! Good to hear from above it wont matter.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Mine would say choose a store for pickup. The stores from the list to choose said "available for store pickup Nov 10". But when I chose them, it said not avilable. oh well.

yeah midnight launch woulda been ideal but I dunno about the optics with covid, even here in laissez faire texas.

Well BB has Curbside pickup, so you might not even have to leave your car.

Also my BB site kept saying no stores within 250 miles have it, but if I kept refreshing it would change and I eventually had any store to choose from.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
LMAO, I saw the notification from Wario64 about Sam's Club, signed up for a membership, and it IMMEDIATELY went OOS.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I now have to physically go to a Sam's Club to get them to cancel my membership, which I bought JUST as they went OOS.

FML.

I swear to God, I've been staring at ADD TO CART buttons that don't do a damned thing all day today.

IT IS IN MY CART, LET ME CHECKOUT YOU FUCKS

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Grabbed a Series S (primarily for dev testing production titles) from Sams. Thanks for the link! :)

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It sucks.

I was on their site at 11am EST, tried for nearly 4 hours to get XSX....ended up getting nothing.

I still have it in cart too lol. It's completely killed my hype.

that's the exact situation I'm in and I'm kinda screwed since I foolishly added gift cards throughout this year to be able to have the money for the Series X >_<

I did managed to get an order with Amazon but without another stimulus check I can't afford it from there :( plus what am I supposed to do then with the $550 in gift cards I have on Microsoft Store? so many others eventually had it let them go through but I never got past the "Unable to purchase the order at this time, please try again." error when trying to place my order, it sucks

I'll probably see if a friend wants my Amazon order at some point otherwise I'll likely end up canceling it in a month or so & just have to wait until I can get it from Microsoft Store (or maybe I'll get really lucky and win one from Taco Bell)

Did the ssd card go on sale?

I don't believe so

Urishizu

Verified
Nov 5, 2017
The Series X Play and Charge cable is popping up here and there. I managed to grab one from Amazon. You just gotta make sure it's for the new controllers and not the old one.

Urishizu

Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Sams Club still seems up for more models. If you try to check out and it throws you out and empties your cart, just re-add the item and keep trying. You will get through. Had to do it 6 times to get that Series S.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I leave and BB is still going strong? Not looking forward to an email saying it was cancelled or I'm part of the second wave.

Every time I spot check, Series X has been out of stock for awhile. It's only the Series S which still seems to have the pre-order button. Are people still able to get Series X systems from BB?

Ding

Jan 13, 2018
I managed to get one in my cart from MS store (Canada) shortly after orders went live....but it won't process the order. It seems to have assigned me an order number but keeps giving me an error message about something being wrong on their end. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I give up?
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm currently getting the " There was a problem setting the payment method for your order." error.

The sad thing is that I don't really want this order to go through, because I want to use All Access, but I still go back from time to time to hit the "Use this payment" button a few more times.

If I visit the MS store using the Edge browser, I'm told my cart is empty. That doesn't seem like good news.

Yoh

Nov 19, 2017
I recommend everyone to keep the pre-order pages open on tabs and refresh every now and then.
If you see one available, put them in your cart asap and try to purchase it.
Even if it's says there are no longer available keep it in your cart, DON'T REMOVE IT.
Refresh the page on your cart and see if there are available.
Once there are, finish your purchase et voila.

I grabbed one from EB Games Canada 10 minutes ago, even got a confirmation e-mail.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Actually seems like Best Buy is sold out finally. Now I can't get the "preorder" button to pop up at all.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to secure orders on both the Microsoft Store and Amazon. I use Amazon a ton, but I don't think I've ever ordered anything off of Microsoft. What one do you think is "safer" to keep the order with?

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I recommend everyone to keep the pre-order pages open on tabs and refresh every now and then.
If you see one available, put them in your cart asap and try to purchase it.
Even if it's says there are no longer available keep it in your cart, DON'T REMOVE IT.
Refresh the page on your cart and see if there are available.
Once there are, finish your purchase et voila.

I grabbed one from EB Games Canada 10 minutes ago, even got a confirmation e-mail.
That is how I got on bestbuy

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to secure orders on both the Microsoft Store and Amazon. I use Amazon a ton, but I don't think I've ever ordered anything off of Microsoft. What one do you think is "safer" to keep the order with?
Sure Microsoft will be fine, but Amazon gives me more peace of mind because I've dealt with them so much. Like it's good cause you basically know what to expect from them. If it says you got one, you basically have one..haven't heard if them canceling things.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
You lucky guy lol. I hope you have enough space for those two big boys ;).

I got super lucky. Both PS5 and XBSX I sort of gave up on the preorder and came back hours later to actually snag one at BB last second. I do have 2 nice sized holes in my media center for these machines that my Pro and One X currently sit in. I hope these new consoles fit because I did not measure at all.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
So I got 2 series x pre-orders, one from Amazon and one from Microsoft Store. The Amazon one I got the confirmation email immediately. However, the Microsoft store one I have the order number on my order history, but I haven't received a confirmation email as of yet. If I already have an order number, I'm all but guaranteed to get my console even though I haven't received my confirmation email, correct?

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
So I got 2 series x pre-orders, one from Amazon and one from Microsoft Store. The Amazon one I got the confirmation email immediately. However, the Microsoft store one I have the order number on my order history, but I haven't received a confirmation email as of yet. If I already have an order number, I'm all but guaranteed to get my console even though I haven't received my confirmation email, correct?
Check your spam. Some people said it went to spam.