• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tim-E

Oct 31, 2017
I got my Series S on the BB app! Bundled it with a bunch of random games and an Ultimate Game Pass card (3 months for $30 after discount) and I just took the games off and it worked just fine. I'm sorry I dogged you earlier, Best Buy. I forgive you.

FoxnHurley

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got through with a Best Buy order. Had to mash the preorder button vigorously about 30ish times, but it finally added to the cart and checked out without any issues. Store pickup was not available.

tried to get it earlier on my lunch break, but got stuck on the check out process after I had it in my cart. Quite frustrating.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
how is anyone (except the likes of us) supposed to know that Xbox One X and Xbox Series X are 2 different products, for real?

I could've sworn these were out of stock for a while, looks like some scummy bastard bought a bunch and then jacked the price up for today. Probably doesn't help that Series X wasn't coming up in search results at all today due to whatever fuckery Amazon had going on.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
All in all this was relatively smooth. Some weird issues and Best Buy's check out system failing like always but otherwise not bad.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
How was the general feeling on the GameStop queue implementation? Did people have a smooth ride once they got in?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Looks like Best Buy has a decent supply if orders are still coming?

Sounds like Microsoft decided to allocate more for online orders due to COVID than Sony did.

The fact that most people aren't smashing the preorder button 100 times like us to actually get a BB order through probably helps.

How was the general feeling on the GameStop queue implementation? Did people have a smooth ride once they got in?

I got through and it was sold out. And I closed the window. But then they added their shitty usual bundles but by the time I got back in through the queue again everything was showing sold out.

Jdubs

Dec 4, 2018
I managed to get one in my cart from MS store (Canada) shortly after orders went live....but it won't process the order. It seems to have assigned me an order number but keeps giving me an error message about something being wrong on their end. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I give up?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Can't believe I said fuck it, went and napped for a few hours, woke up, checked again, kept spamming the preorder button and eventually got to checkout and still says Nov 10th. I had to settle for a store further away from me but who cares. A little sad that I couldn't get all access working at all today so I'll just have to pay the old fashioned way.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Microsoft decided to allocate more for online orders due to COVID than Sony did.

The fact that most people aren't smashing the preorder button 100 times like us to actually get a BB order through probably helps.

The only thing I've read re: comparative stock was folks expecting less for Xbox than Sony. I haven't seen anything else; will be interesting to see if that was at all accurate.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
The only thing I've read re: comparative stock was folks expecting less for Xbox than Sony. I haven't seen anything else; will be interesting to see if that was at all accurate.

Well from what we have from forum anecdotes, stores has about double the PS5 in store preorder allotment but online orders for Xbox last longer.

Damn, ON (aka none in the interim?) Nov 10? That's like salt in the eyes of people who didn't score one.

*if true

My guy you are misinterpreting that lol. No one gets the console before November 10th. They mean more orders will be up for preorder so you can then GET it on release day

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
This Best Buy situation is extremely fishy. The fact that it's 5pm and people are still putting in preorders by smashing the Preorder button? I hope these are legitimate orders...

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how much Microsoft sells through their own Microsoft store, I would pretty much guarantee it. And by all reports Xbox Series production was running smooth as butter with no COVID hiccups leading up to this.

Yeah, I'd be hesitant to trust that. Every poll we've seen has shown significant demand differences. Regardless, I'm glad folks are able to get one!

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So what's everyone's opinion regarding powerA accessories? I preordered the charging station, that includes the battery for $19.99.

Seems like good value, but I haven't tried them before.

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
So my Xbox was ordered as a gift (still ships to myself, just is said to be a gift), is that fine? Does it being a gift add any price or cause any changes?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
This Best Buy situation is extremely fishy. The fact that it's 5pm and people are still putting in preorders by smashing the Preorder button? I hope these are legitimate orders...

I get what you're saying but a lot like the Sony situation where BB's site was borked for most of the time even from the get go, so it's not like they sold a really high amount, it's just their site FINALLY works.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, I'd be hesitant to trust that. Every poll we've seen has shown significant demand differences. Regardless, I'm glad folks are able to get one!

Maybe, but in USA which I think todays launch mostly dealt with and this forum is oriented towards, PS and Xbox tend to sell almost equally (yeah, I think PS4 sold 20% more in USA or whatever this gen, but 360 handled Ps3 the gen before etc)

Theres not a HUGE delta in USA demand...online polls notwithstanding.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think ya'll should be worried about the best buy preorders. They will fulfill them.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I swear, some employee at bestbuy.com is just taking the piss now. That PRE-ORDER keeps reappearing with no available stock. I've clicked ADD TO CART about 400 times, all with instantaneous error messages.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I get what you're saying but a lot like the Sony situation where BB's site was borked for most of the time even from the get go, so it's not like they sold a really high amount, it's just their site FINALLY works.

Yeah my friend got a BB PS5 preorder in at like 2 in the morning after the shitstorm the night before. People just incorrectly interpreted the website failing as them actually being out of stock. When in reality they were trying to fix their checkout system. We just assumed the bots got them all.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Got three for insurance (Best Buy, MS, Amazon). I needs mine day ONE!!!

Two here. MS store+Amazon.

I'm too old to arse with it any further than that. Although now after a few hours break I'm idly trying to score one of these BB stragglers (main benefit being, possibility of store pickup, may make it >my other preorders)

Edit: just got through to BB, store pickup was unavailable at the 2 stores nearest me evidently. Good, I'm done.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I leave and BB is still going strong? Not looking forward to an email saying it was cancelled or I'm part of the second wave.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just found out of you go to your order on BB, you can change it to store pickup instead of shipped, or vice versa. I even got to change my pickup store to the closest store to me. I was iffy because the site is all wonky but it worked and I can now pick it up at the store a few miles from me. Let's hope we can pick it up at midnight.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I swear, some employee at bestbuy.com is just taking the piss now. That PRE-ORDER keeps reappearing with no available stock. I've clicked ADD TO CART about 400 times, all with instantaneous error messages.

Yeah like, is it because people are trying? And I should keep trying? Or are they gone. And I should stop hitting this button over and over?

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
...what about their own freaking store? will Microsoft Store not have any more until November 10th? wtf >_<
Seriously. Was about to get one from them only to be told my MS balance isn't enough despite having more than enough. Can't even chat with customer support. Anyway, I have a pre-order with Amazon but I'd rather use the money I have with MS store.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Just found out of you go to your order on BB, you can change it to store pickup instead of shipped, or vice versa. I even got to change my pickup store to the closest store to me. I was iffy because the site is all wonky but it worked and I can now pick it up at the store a few miles from me. Let's hope we can pick it up at midnight.

Mine would say choose a store for pickup. The stores from the list to choose said "available for store pickup Nov 10". But when I chose them, it said not avilable. oh well.

yeah midnight launch woulda been ideal but I dunno about the optics with covid, even here in laissez faire texas.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Guys listen...Bookmark the sales page for both consoles or Make it your main homepage on a browser you dont use, check it everyday.

Re-stocks do happen.

Deleted member 74623

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 14, 2020
Seeing as when I was on walmart.com it wouldn't even let you get an xbox one for all access... I don't think it getting fixed is in the cards any time soon.
I have a preorder through Amazon just in case, but if I had to pay upfront, I'd rather do it through Microsoft since I have $125 worth of reward points