• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I bought myself a Series X from Microsoft Store and my brother a Series X from Best Buy. All in all not so bad, as we expected crazy servers being overloaded and were pleasantly surprised to each come out with Xboxes preordered today :)

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Hey guys!
How did the xbox pre orders go compared to the ps5
better? Worse?

Just curious
Better but not by a lot. The drip strategy by Best Buy was really good. Amazon was fast as always. MS store shit the bed something serious. I thought that a company with some of the most advanced cloud technology on the planet would be able to handle it a lot better.

AfterZero

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the redundant question, but I just got out of work and trying to see if All Access is still available anywhere for a Series X. Did I miss the boat?

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I found Xbox preorder more difficult, but I got a PS5 using that backdoor Amazon link and spent all of 20 seconds on that entire process. For the Xbox it was anxiously waiting 10 minutes to get through the sluggish Microsoft Store process.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hm, I jumped on this too late and missed the boat. Has MSFT talked about second wave availability at all like Sony?

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
Had no luck with BB. Hopefully, Amazon puts some up.
For your sake, I hope so too. I'd be pretty peeved if it turned out that bots got a Direct link to the Series S orders and thats why its like this (though I'd wouldn't be surprised).
Kinda bummed I had to get one from BB (but VERY glad too) seeing I had a gift card and some points saved for it.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Sorry for the redundant question, but I just got out of work and trying to see if All Access is still available anywhere for a Series X. Did I miss the boat?

plane-taking-off.jpg

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
why would you rethink it?

I kind of got caught into the hype with Bethesda. Like theres no timeframe, but all those are coming to gamepass. ANd gamepass on console is way better than PC in terms of library.

Also I would like something that i can play BC titles on it as well. Like I want to be on gamepass, but the PC version from what I played last year with Gears 5 sucked.

It's looking a lot better now, but is it worth buying an xbox. I just outside of the value of gamepass dont have a big reason to own xbox software wise.

I only play so many games.

Apr 3, 2018
Been checking on my Best Buy orders, as I'm worried they're going to be cancelled.

Up until the last 30 minutes or so, I had the option of switching from "shipping" to "store pickup" for the consoles. But now that option appears to be gone. All I can do is cancel the preorder at this point.

Is there any significance to that?

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
I kind of got caught into the hype with Bethesda. Like theres no timeframe, but all those are coming to gamepass. ANd gamepass on console is way better than PC in terms of library.

Also I would like something that i can play BC titles on it as well. Like I want to be on gamepass, but the PC version from what I played last year with Gears 5 sucked.

It's looking a lot better now, but is it worth buying an xbox. I just outside of the value of gamepass dont have a big reason to own xbox software wise.

I only play so many games.
If you buy 3 $70 dollar games in one year, that is more than game pass ultimate for the same time frame. GPU also includes Live. This, coupled with the zenimax news made the switch to Xbox a no brainier for me.

Greent4

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Got a Ps5 Pre-orders through Amazon and target
Missed out on the series x I'm hoping I can find someone to do a swap... Or they have a second restocking before release

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I have a controller question. I have the Elite Series 2. What is the difference between this and the ones that come with the system?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
NICE!!

I don't know why, but I'm starting to get cold feet. Should I cancel my preorder? I have a gaming PC, I think the hype got me.

I'm more of a playstation guy. Use to be a xbox guy, and was thinking about BC with my 360, OG XBOX.

But the bethesda news yesterday made me think on what I spend. the other thing is Xbox gamepass compared to PC is way better.

I don't know I'm torn.
Never anything wrong with spending less money IMO. And there are lots of ways to access Xbox games, including the console ones (but not at the same quality or gameplay fidelity). But, on the other hand, getting all your multiplats on one system that you know will almost certainly carry over to the next gen, and often also interoperate across PC, isn't a bad place to be.

I have an X preorder through All Access and a S preorder straight up. Deciding which one to ditch. I prefer All Access, but I think I prefer the S... So... XD oh well. Maybe I get stuck with both.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Never anything wrong with spending less money IMO. And there are lots of ways to access Xbox games, including the console ones (but not at the same quality or gameplay fidelity). But, on the other hand, getting all your multiplats on one system that you know will almost certainly carry over to the next gen, and often also interoperate across PC, isn't a bad place to be.

I have an X preorder through All Access and a S preorder straight up. Deciding which one to ditch. I prefer All Access, but I think I prefer the S... So... XD oh well. Maybe I get stuck with both.

If you had a very capable PC would you still get a xbox?

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
Anyone know if Walmart or anywhere will have them on the shelf for walkins on release day? Or is it going to be preorder only?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a controller question. I have the Elite Series 2. What is the difference between this and the ones that come with the system?
Yours is way better.

New controllers have a share button, slightly smaller ergonomics... That's it? They also have USB-C, but so does the Series 2. I guess another difference is they use removable batteries by default whereas the Series 2 has a built-in rechargeable one.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been checking on my Best Buy orders, as I'm worried they're going to be cancelled.

Up until the last 30 minutes or so, I had the option of switching from "shipping" to "store pickup" for the consoles. But now that option appears to be gone. All I can do is cancel the preorder at this point.

Is there any significance to that?

Mine is the same. It no longer lets me switch to "ship it instead". (My order was for store pick up.

My ps5 order is the same with best buy. As is the headset for the ps5.

This could be normal? I HOPE

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm kinda glad Amazon didn't work out for me. MS Store is probably the most reliable retailer of them all considering it's their product.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
If you had a very capable PC would you still get a xbox?
If I had a VERY capable PC? Probably not. But I also don't spend that much money on gaming XD, so it's not an option. I might get an S, though. It's small enough to be portable, and I like the interoperability. But I'm also comfortable playing on Android via streaming, so that may not be the case for you.

//DEVIL//

Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Best Buy Canada has Xbox series s for preorder

surprisingly it's been like this for 20 mins . I guess it's not popular? I ordered Xbox series X from them and order went through