• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a time that you can pick it up at BestBuy? I would prefer not to be told right before closing! I would like it first thing in the morning!

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Yes, check your actually credit balance and deduct the total from there. It was easier for us since we didn't have a balance, and now our credit limit shrank the exact amount of the order.

Cool, I just did that and its showing that the credit limit has decreased. Hopefully these both are good on here as I would prefer to just walk-in to BBY to pickup vs. the generic messaging that Amazon has give to all of us on delivery estimates.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
best buy for the S at checkout:

Your item is sold out.
Sorry, but due to high demand, this item is no longer available and has been removed from your order: Microsoft - Xbox Series S 512 GB All-Digital Console (Disc-free Gaming) - White
thats what happened to me the first time. but eventually the preorder button came back and i just spammed it until it was added to cart. and then i just continued spamming until it ordered.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Got it at target about 10-15 mins after preorders started.

Hopefully I wont get an "Order Cancelled" email tomorrow.

This is the first time I'm ever getting consoles on launch day and I was able to preorder both a PS5 and Series X (and getting a 3090 hookup in December). Got luck on my side. Life is good :)

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
You literally pull up before the entrance walkway. Like before the pedestrian traffic little ramp. I've seen it going inside and the line of cars that sit there with the guy coming out with the tablet for orders

Yeah, and if traffic is slow (which, for new console launches, it shouldn't be), you can just pull up, call the store, and let them know you're there to pick up your curbside order.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
Online ordering may be frustrating but Its 100 times better than waiting in line at a store - especially with Covid.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Got the PS5 and XSX secured! Man that was something. Wish I could've gotten either console from Best Buy as I have $300 in credit there...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Got it at target about 10-15 mins after preorders started.

Hopefully I wont get an "Order Cancelled" email tomorrow.

This is the first time I'm ever getting consoles on launch day and I was able to preorder both a PS5 and Series X (and getting a 3090 hookup in December). Got luck on my side. Life is good :)
I'm trying to get there too with Series X. No 3090 for me tho.

I was at Wal-Mart on time, orders got snatched out my cart twice when I went to pay...

Might be time for you to play the lottery with that luck.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Online ordering may be frustrating but Its 100 times better than waiting in line at a store - especially with Covid.

Honestly, I need to 100% this. Was it an absolute pain clicking retry on BBY for 2 hours? Yes. Was it better than sitting outside for my Wii preorder in the cold hoping I get a unit? Hell yes.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I'm at work, but I tried preordering during my break, which was about a half hour after preorders went up. I tried Best Buy first, but it kept messing up, even after they finally enforced a digital checkout line.

So when that failed, I tried The Source. I got as far as putting in my credit card number, but then it wouldn't let me click on the checkout button; it just remained grayed out for some reason.

I tried the Amazon link next, but it was (and still is) showing me the same page from before preorders went up.

I might try again after work, but I doubt I'll have any luck. Maybe I'll have better luck on launch day, but who knows.

Nov 14, 2017
I mean i suppose i could still get at all my old Xbox Live Arcade games from back in the day which will be nice. Gonna hang onto hope I can find a X preorder before launch day lol.
I managed to get a Series S, but it's the one I was looking for, since it will be my secondary console and mainly a game pass/back compat machine. Hope you can get an X, good luck!

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Oh I love you I GOT ONE!

Am I crazy I thought we couldn't pre-order the S yet?

NICE!!

I don't know why, but I'm starting to get cold feet. Should I cancel my preorder? I have a gaming PC, I think the hype got me.

I'm more of a playstation guy. Use to be a xbox guy, and was thinking about BC with my 360, OG XBOX.

But the bethesda news yesterday made me think on what I spend. the other thing is Xbox gamepass compared to PC is way better.

I don't know I'm torn.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Speaking on this, does the XSX play all disc based 360 games too? Or only the approved ones that MS allows on the Xb1?

Its probably the latter, but gosh, all I want is a system that can play NCAA 14... :(
All that is confirmed is it'll play everything the Xbox One did. There is a good chance they'll start adding more games to BC though. They stopped to focus on Series S/X BC.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Speaking on this, does the XSX play all disc based 360 games too? Or only the approved ones that MS allows on the Xb1?

Its probably the latter, but gosh, all I want is a system that can play NCAA 14... :(
i would assume only BC games. Which sports games never are. Except for 1. Fight Night Champion. Which i don't understand. Because from afaik the reason sports games arent BC is because of athletes likeneses. So did they repay the ppl in the boxing game? doubt (x)