• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Really jealous of the people that were able to get curbside pickup orders in for Best Buy
Really hope Walmart or Amazon come through with release day delivery even though it doesn't seem like either will

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I keep checking my Series X order that I made through Microsoft, worrying that it will be cancelled or something, lol. It's still there. I was also able to grab one of the sweet looking blue controllers.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping my Amazon pre-order "sticks." I'll probably pay it off the next few months to "convince" them to keep it, lol.

I've had good luck with Amazon before, by getting the Xbox One Day One on launch day, and getting the PS4 I ordered at midnight on launch day (surprise!) just a couple days later.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So was Gamestop's "you are in line" page complete BS, or was it just broken? I "got in line" at 7:58 AM, but a few minutes later it changed to an error message. I got back "in line" and the page stayed there for maybe 20 minutes before turning into an Xbox Series games list. Never even saw the console page.

I'm not mad, since I got an Amazon pre-order, which I prefer since I had some credit, just wondering why build a page like that if it doesn't work.
It was bullshit, it kept automatically refreshing (by design, apparently) so there wasn't even an actual queue system in place it seems. Just the illusion of one to try to stop the site from crashing, which is a pretty messed up way to do it..

Billbill36

Apr 30, 2020
Had to update my Amazon payment do to my bank marking it as fraud, anyone know if this will mess up the preorder?

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
So was Gamestop's "you are in line" page complete BS, or was it just broken? I "got in line" at 7:58 AM, but a few minutes later it changed to an error message. I got back "in line" and the page stayed there for maybe 20 minutes before turning into an Xbox Series games list. Never even saw the console page.

I'm not mad, since I got an Amazon pre-order, which I prefer since I had some credit, just wondering why build a page like that if it doesn't work.
I'm pretty sure they were just using that to throttle traffic. I left mine on that page for 10-15 minutes and suddenly, when it refreshed, my IP was banned. LOL

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
im not entirely sure what happened with my best buy preorder but processing the payment had issues or something and now its been cancelled.

some bullshit.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well saw that the XSS was still up on BB and managed to get one. Wanted an X though so I could play all my old 360 games but I'll hold on to this pre-order for now....

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best buy page for the play and charge kit mentions Xbox One/Series X compatibility. Does that mean my play and charge kit I got for my Xbox One controller should be forward compatible with the new controller?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they were just using that to throttle traffic. I left mine on that page for 10-15 minutes and suddenly, when it refreshed, my IP was banned. LOL

Oh, man LOL. I did see some people getting banned last week, trying to pre-order PS5s. It seemed like they were banning people to try and get site traffic under control. That's a pretty shitty way to do it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
The best buy page for the play and charge kit mentions Xbox One/Series X compatibility. Does that mean my play and charge kit I got for my Xbox One controller should be forward compatible with the new controller?
Maybe? I dunno for sure, but since they both use AA batteries, it's possible the cavity in which the play-n-charge battery sits is the same so they could be cross-compatible. Would make sense since almost everything else is, too.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Had to update my Amazon payment do to my bank marking it as fraud, anyone know if this will mess up the preorder?

in the past it would kick you to the back of the line and if there was a shortage of stock, it could end up cancelling you. I don't know if Amazon still does it that way though.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
How has the experience been? I've just got home.
Better than pre ordering my PS5. MSFT site was a total bust though.

Best Buy and Amazon were good choices this time. Best Buy seem to have dripped stock allocation slowly which worked well towards the end.

All in all, both were not great honestly. Out of 0 - 10, Sony was an easy 1 and MS was a 3 for me.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yikes. What happened when you did this? In the past, people would get pushed back to the end of the line for altering payment methods and that often could lead to delays or cancellations because they lost their spot.

Anyone else with Amazon orders, don't mess with it because it could screw up you order position.

I am the one that received a deliver delay notification. I am guessing that is due to the fact I switched from my debit card to my credit card about 20 minutes after preordering.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

I didn't order through Amazon, but the same thing happened at Best Buy with my card. Saw the Capital One text asking me to confirm the payment and side-eyed it so hard when it said that I should re-submit the card if the initial purchase was denied. But BB let me update the payment without no affect on my pre-order as far as I can tell.

Nov 14, 2017
Not discs tho mate. I have a whole huge box of 360 discs Ive done nothing with for the past 8 or so years lol.
Oh got you, my bad. I've bought all my 360 games digitally and for some reason assumed everyone has done the same lol.

Makes sense to get a Series X then, unless you're interested in slowly converting your physical discs into digital licences.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
I got one Series X via Amazon and one via MS Store. Holding on to them both in the event someone screws up.

The damn All Access thing didn't work and by the time it did, everything was sold out already. What a shit show. All Access should have been a separate stock of consoles.

Now I'm stuck with 2 Series X's when I needed a Series X through XAA and a Series S cash for the wife and kid.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So how does BestBuy Curbside work? What time can I pick-up? What do I do? I am am trying to plan my BestBuy vs Amazon order ...

Nov 23, 2017
I could not get anything to load. Microsoft's page just loaded and then the button to start never showed. After all that it just now says out of stock. Walmart failed, Best Buy was gone or failed instantly and then target has yet to update their page lol
Same for me. Been doing this since it started. Refresh over and over. Now i'm just tired.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered from MS/Amazon/BB. I got an email for all except for MS. I preordered that earlier in the day and I can see the order status from my MS account... weird.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So how does BestBuy Curbside work? What time can I pick-up? What do I do? I am am trying to plan my BestBuy vs Amazon order ...

You literally pull up before the entrance walkway. Like before the pedestrian traffic little ramp. I've seen it going inside and the line of cars that sit there with the guy coming out with the tablet for orders

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh got you, my bad. I've bought all my 360 games digitally and for some reason assumed everyone has done the same lol.

Makes sense to get a Series X then, unless you're interested in slowly converting your physical discs into digital licences.

I mean i suppose i could still get at all my old Xbox Live Arcade games from back in the day which will be nice. Gonna hang onto hope I can find a X preorder before launch day lol.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
ahhhh got it on amazon, it said its a gift tho, will that affect anything??
You can edit your order so it isn't a gift.
That happened to me with One X and it didn't cause a problem. Amazon usually allows you time to fix the payment option. They don't cancel the order or anything right away, in other words.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
best buy for the S at checkout:

Your item is sold out.
Sorry, but due to high demand, this item is no longer available and has been removed from your order: Microsoft - Xbox Series S 512 GB All-Digital Console (Disc-free Gaming) - White

robhans

Banned
Jun 27, 2019
Do you guys had some special deals in other countires? In Poland one shop was selling Series X + AC: Valhalla for extra 25$, great deal IMO. There was nothing on PS5. Oh, but he don't have all access on Preordrs, it will be avaible near launch.