• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Load of crap... got approved foe the all access and was about to click submit and the page reloaded saying there was a error on their backend and now I have an empty cart

Aug 31, 2018
Everytime I got to checkout at Microsoft Store I get an error saying "we have determined there was an update to this order" and then it errors out and cancels my order, weird

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get one through Target? Feels like they didn't have much stock, feeling lucky I got what I did.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got an order in around 10:55am on Amazon, I feel pretty confident that should hold. Tried a backup order on Best Buy within the last hour and they cancelled it after placing it citing a duplicate order. (That didn't exist.)

Oh well, I'm putting my faith in Amazon. I got my X1 and X1X from them day one without issue, so we'll see here too I guess.

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
An hour later and still looks good. Don't give up on best buy, people !
giphy.gif

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I did use PayPal but the card that was linked to my PayPal didn't have enough. Should I just update my payment with the credit card? The order did go through.
I wouldn't want you to end up losing your preorder by doing that so I'm going to suggest not changing the card that you used that is linked to your PayPal. Amazon is the only retailer I trust making changes with payment. I have a Discover card linked to my PayPal which is what I used for my PS5 order and payment has been processed and is no longer pending, so that thing is paid off already.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Really wanted one from Best Buy and I just can't get it. How long am I supposed to spam this preorder button?

Click on "Save for Later" on the app, go to "View Items" and keep spamming the "Pre-Order" button there.

I wouldn't want you to end up losing your preorder by doing that so I'm going to suggest not changing the card that you used that is linked to your PayPal. Amazon is the only retailer I trust making changes with payment. I have a Discover card linked to my PayPal which is what I used and payment has been processed and is no longer pending, so that thing is paid off already.

Ah okay, thanks dude. I'm just gonna hope that All Access becomes available soon-ish.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To those who have procured several preorders: Do you think it's safe to cancel all but one of them? Or are you hanging onto all of your preorders?

I've got in-store pickup preorders from Best Buy for both the PS5 Digital and Series X, but I'd hate to cancel my other preorders only for these Best Buy ones to somehow fall through.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Best Buy finally pulled the add to cart button on XSX. I guess that's a wrap for me then. :(

Least I got the PS5 pre-order in.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I got three (one for me, two for friends). 1 WalMart, one Target, one Amazon. Walmart and target were a bit glitchy, but overall worked within the first few mins no problem.

I didn't trust Best Buy after what I saw with the PS5

golem

Oct 25, 2017
To those who have procured several preorders: Do you think it's safe to cancel all but one of them? Or are you hanging onto all of your preorders?

I've got in-store pickup preorders from Best Buy for both the PS5 Digital and Series X, but I'd hate to cancel my other preorders only for these Best Buy ones to somehow fall through.
I'm holding on to mine, American retailers dont usually charge until they ship anyways.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

If you placed multiple orders, you roll the dice with any of them really. I think it'd be wise if you're in that position to wait a week or two and see how things settle out.

It's likely that most places are able to fulfill/honor the preorders put in place before the OOS notifications. Not sure I'd fully trust Best Buy being up as long as they did, unless they got massive allocations the other places didn't get.

loob

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
Yeah, just getting this now:

Error
This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart.

I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order then.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Did Best Buy do a pre-auth on your guys Best Buy CC if that is what you used? I don't see one on my account yet so just wondering.

CKDexterHaven

Nov 26, 2017
It's pretty bullshit for the people who tried for an hour only to have it completely removed from their cart.
I got fed up and went to the gym . Came back was still in the cart and it let me finish.
then had a close call with fraud alert on the card because it was the 2nd such purchase on that card today . Preordered at target too but I have never done that before and I have gotten everyone of my consoles at Best Buy .

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, what a ride. Congrats to everyone who got one, and good luck to those still trying. This thread has been a blast!

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Did anyone else grab both the S and the X from microsoft store? Should we be worried about one being cancelled? It mentioned 1 console per person so I was confused why it let me get both (they were seperate orders though).

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
So was Gamestop's "you are in line" page complete BS, or was it just broken? I "got in line" at 7:58 AM, but a few minutes later it changed to an error message. I got back "in line" and the page stayed there for maybe 20 minutes before turning into an Xbox Series games list. Never even saw the console page.

I'm not mad, since I got an Amazon pre-order, which I prefer since I had some credit, just wondering why build a page like that if it doesn't work.