• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just pre-ordered a XSX on Best Buy for in store pickup. Now to pray that the order doesn't get cancelled or delayed. Anyone now how good is Best Buy at allocating the right amount of orders per store? Amazon has been sucking lately.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Got a Series X at Amazon and another retailer. Will cancel one down the road. I'd prefer to just have the Amazon order but after that PS5 notification regarding shipping I had to hedge my bets.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Does anyone's Target preorder show a delivery date of 10 November? mine is 11-16 November. I was hoping for instore pick up, but that didn't appear to be an option.
Target doesn't offer release day delivery nor store pickup on pre orders. If you want store pickup, it has to be available for pickup at the time of your order.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got an order on target (first site to work for me) then 1 on amazon when they opened (immediately b/c i f5'd the fuck out of it) and i just got one at best buy.

No, i am not scalping them, none of my friends were able to get in on orders (i had a friend fully pay up on best buy and ship it to him).

What a shitty release, but inevitably it all worked out. Now the long wait begins.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I got an extra one at best buy for another friend of mine and my buddy that needed one was able to order from best buy as well. Hopefully they don't cancel them.... I got mine earlier today I'm just trying to help whoever needs one.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I managed 2 orders with Best Buy. They just canceled the second one. Sucks...I told my friend I got him one, and now he doesn't have one.

FYI, I did it under 2 different e-mail addresses and used a different card.

I didn't expect them to catch that :(. Oh well, he's still trying.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
it will be really interesting to see what MS has to say about all access as anecdotally it seems a complete failure. On the one hand they must be happy getting everything up front but if they really are trying tie people into their eco system and have a looooong sustainable thing like phone companies do, they need to be able to get all access right.

Which based on today was a clown show.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First time owning an Xbox since the 360.

Still not 100% sure I need it right now. my heart wants the new tech, but my mind is telling me wait for 1st big first party software to hit and then sub to gamepass for a bit. It feels a bit like stealing but I'm thinking why not wait till Next-Gen game pass offerings are robust, buy it 2nd hand then and sub to game pass for 2 months and play to m my hearts content, flip it. Rinse and repeat periodically when I get the itch for what MS is cooking.

If Series X exceeds as a 4K UHD Dolby Vision player where PS5 falters, I will hang on to it since I'm in the market for one and it costs almost as much. If not, I can wait.

Don't forget to do the Game Pass trick. PM me if you want details, but basically you enough XBL Gold that you have 3 years worth, then buy the $1 Game Pass Ultimate trial, and it'll convert your entire 3 years worth of XBL Gold to Game Pass Ultimate.

Oct 30, 2017
Welp, since the dream is dead for me...is there a chance consoles will be available after November 10th? Like, can I still gift myself a console by Christmas?

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got one through Best Buy. Only took about a thousand clicks of the Add to Cart button but SUCCESS!

Nov 2, 2017
Wait, Best Buy doesn't charge pre order? I thought they put a hold initially , they don't do that anymore?

May pre order through them, I'm tired of waiting on amazon.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy put a temp hold on my BB credit card and it's sitting there in my order history with in-store pickup. Hopefully I'm okay. I'm nervous since they're website is so damn jacked at the moment.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I just got one too, a Series X, from Best Buy.
I'm really trying for an All Access tho, so If i can snag one of those I will cancel the full retail one.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
5NOZ.gif
Welp I'm done trying. Congrats to everyone that got one. Guess it's time to go to work

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I've been stuck on the last step of checkout trying to get it to accept my payment info for HOURS as these sites shit the bed hard only to have my X be removed from my cart and now it's gone. Fuck this shit so much.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
so i got a 4TB external HDD hanging out the back of my XB1X rn. Can i just plug that sucker into a Series S/X and all my games will be ready to roll?

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
just says "pickup when available"
mines says the 10th for pick up
"Pickup when available". When I had the shipping option, it said "ship by 11/10."
Should be fine, check your purchase history on the Best Buy website - it has the release date as the date for pickup.

Thanks; my order says pick-up on 11/10 when I look at my purchase history.