• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Ok...so before I commit on the Series S, I took advantage of the PC Gamepass for $5 thing to bulk up until 9/22. Is there a cheaper way to convert that to Ultimate, or am I stuck paying $15 a month?

If I have to do that, I'll probably just cancel the Series S.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone get past this?

cfIj0Pw.jpg

I kept hitting Place Order until it worked. Don't give up!

Jan 16, 2019
I seriously hate best buy, tried to order for pickup at local store but it wont let me pick up no matter what i do. Should've did shipping but now it wont let me switch to shipping

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I tried everywhere, but nothing. Microsoft's didn't even work until just a little bit ago when it was already "out of stock".
Yeah I saw that for the Series X. Tried my self but the site was fucked up for like 30 mins then "out of stock"

Best Buy giving me "Issue with your Microsoft All-Access order" now that's saying Coming Soon again.

Walmart also has "Coming soon" and Target hasn't even updated their site yet for Series X|S All-Access

Only site I think it worked on was GameStop and they're already out of stock as well.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get any delay emails or anything from Amazon so I guess I'm solid.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Some truth right here:

I lined up for N64, Dreamcast, PS2, and 360. No luck on the PS2, or 360, that was harsh shit.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
For fun I tried "ordering" from US (I live in Canada, so I didn't actually order) by religiously following Wario, and going to link the second he would notify. It was pretty easy to get to checkout through Microsoft and Amazon links, and literally impossible through Target and Best Buy. BB and Target websites simply can't handle this amount of traffic, they were both just displaying some random errors, one second adding to cart, the other moment cart would be empty, etc.

I'm not sure if Wario posts Canadian links, but it would be a shame if he doesn't, as he's clearly the way to go for things like this.

Not surprising, since Amazon and Microsoft own two of the three largest cloud computing services in the world. Microsoft's site was still a relative clusterfuck though.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I went through the credit check at GS only for them to say they're sold out, that shit better not have impacted my credit score for the inquiry, lol.

Main reason I didn't try for All Access. I didn't want the hit and walk away with nothing. Maybe in a week or two I will try.

Manicstreet

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon email I received.

Hello,
We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. we will make every effort to get the delayed item to you as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up getting a PS5 and Series X. I found the Xbox quite a bit more difficult to get.

And now 'Microsoft Store' is trending on twitter so that's interesting.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
This is so unbelievably stupid. On Best Buy and Microsoft Store, I have Series X in my cart, but it keeps giving me errors when I try to check out.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
Haha, Best Buy logged me out, then told me I couldn't pick it up, then told me it was out of stock, then deleted it from my cart.
What an ordeal. Hopefully Amazon is OK. I feel weird about the link and the gift side of things but should be OK.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Grabbed a Series X on Amazon when the link went up. Was trying to grab through MS; will see if they do any stealth drops (with release date delivery) between now and release I guess.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Luckily managed to get the Series X, but Best Buy just can't be trusted for ordering anything lately - RTX 3080, PS5, or Series X.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy officially kicked it out of my cart.
MS never went to the cart for me.

Got one on Walmart and Amazon, but really wanted to be able to pay upfront with PayPal checkout.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
FUCK Best Buy.

Started super fucking late, had issues adding to cart, then checking out. Finally got to a screen where I was able to specify my pick-up store, specified it, and then saw no option to proceed past that point until minutes later when their stock had sold out entirely.

What a fucking joke.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft fucked up. They did it just as bad if not worse then Sony. Apple is the only one who can do preorders well

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Damn, I got to the final parts of check out both on target and Sam's club but didn't got errors/not in stock. Sam's club why have you forsaken me? Guess i'll spam Best Buy next.