• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't gone. The site was just spitting out errors. If you kept trying, you would've gotten through eventually. Took me 20+ minutes to get through on Target.

Maybe? I spammed the Target button on web and app from the moment it went live until the moment it actually went OOS and got nothing.

Once I got an Apple Pay button on the app but when I hit that it failed and removed it from my cart.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
bjEjKj2.png

🤔
yikes

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This and PS5 preorders were both shitshows for different reasons. Grateful that I was able to get one of each.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
tbh Era has been my best resource for all of this. I have been very chill about pre ordering anything as I've been on vacation, but I came to this thread, see someone posted a link, and then click the link and preordered. I've gotten both the PS5 Phy/Dig editions, as well as the XboxSX this way.. guess I've just been lucky with my timing on checking the threads?

anyways, thanks Era. Appreciate the effort people are putting in posting links and times.

I second this. Community is amazing for things like this. I used only this thread for my XBox preorders.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
For fun I tried "ordering" from US (I live in Canada, so I didn't actually order) by religiously following Wario, and going to link the second he would notify. It was pretty easy to get to checkout through Microsoft and Amazon links, and literally impossible through Target and Best Buy. BB and Target websites simply can't handle this amount of traffic, they were both just displaying some random errors, one second adding to cart, the other moment cart would be empty, etc.

I'm not sure if Wario posts Canadian links, but it would be a shame if he doesn't, as he's clearly the way to go for things like this. Every other method requires incessant refreshing of something - be it threads here, or the retailers pages.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not doing it right now, but I know for PS5 pre-ordered, using the Best Buy App + PayPal checkout was the most reliable way to get one that night. Hope that helps!

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe? I spammed the Target button on web and app from the moment it went live until the moment it actually went OOS and got nothing.

Once I got an Apple Pay button on the app but when I hit that it failed and removed it from my cart.

Same thing happened to me (got error then it emptied my cart). However, if you had refreshed the cart, it would've appeared again... eventually.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Best Buy booted me out of my online account lmao, can't even sign in now, let alone get to my shopping cart.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it went from showing pick up locations to telling me no pickups available and now it's telling me it's out of stock. I guess this train has sailed...

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
The mission has been completed. I waited over 12 hours at gamestop but the X was obtained. I am now going to sleep. Goodnight sweet Era.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
These preorders must have cost Best Buy multiple millions of dollars in lost sales from crashing their login, cart, and checkout system for extended periods of time.

Oct 25, 2017
tbh Era has been my best resource for all of this. I have been very chill about pre ordering anything as I've been on vacation, but I came to this thread, see someone posted a link, and then click the link and preordered. I've gotten both the PS5 Phy/Dig editions, as well as the XboxSX this way.. guess I've just been lucky with my timing on checking the threads?

anyways, thanks Era. Appreciate the effort people are putting in posting links and times.
Same, thanks everybody!

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like when scalpers report their #s, we should all just escalate to make them feel like there's no artificial demand for their product. Like if someone comes in here and says "I got FOUR Series Xs" everyone should just go higher "Yeah well, I got seven!". The problem will then naturally sort itself out as the scalpers return their systems, etc...

In other news, fuck you Best Buy checkout button.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I had a Walmart order this whole time when pre-orders opened, despite managing to get a pre-order through Amazon. Oops.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I went through the credit check at GS only for them to say they're sold out, that shit better not have impacted my credit score for the inquiry, lol.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean its better than everyone going up early as soon as the ps event ended.

This is just more fresh in people's minds since its still happening.

Nope, try again

I tried getting both, with the ps5 it was as simple as target had it in stock , go there add it to cart and checkout. Target was like 2nd or third after Walmart and it was painless.

After target sold out best buy opened and was immediately slammed and amazon was a dog show

Here?

Dogs and errors galore from the jump

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
FUCK my life couldn't get out of the checkout cuz of Best Buy's secure checkout bullshit, will try for Amazon whenever that goes up

tenor.gif

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
It is clearly at least just as bad as PS5 pre-orders -- and arguably worse, given Microsoft's snarky tweet about having a set time (which was then ignored by two major retailers and checking out was an issue on all sites).

To be honest I'm glad Amazon ignored the set time. After 50 minutes of frustration on all the other sites (Walmart, Target, MS Store etc) Amazon put it up at some random time and I saw the posts/tweets and was able to check out within seconds. Probably wouldn't have been able to snag one otherwise.

But yeah these preorders have been a total shit show all around. Apple is the only one that seems capable of doing preorder experience correctly.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Yep, fucked on Best Buy. Added the thing to my cart as soon as it went live 40 minutes ago and never got past the cart page. Now it's sold out. Terrible site.