• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get through and grab a preorder for both the S and X on Best Buy's site. I was going to try to grab my buddy an X as well, but it looks like they're limiting it to one system per account this time.

Nov 15, 2017
So somehow, I got a Gamestop preorder without ever clicking confirm. Have the order number and it shows up on my gamestop account. So confused as to what happened. Got an Amazon as a backup but so so confused

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Microsoft put stock for "Xbox Series S All Access" (the lower end model) but when you press "Pre-Order", it says "An error occurred and we couldn't log you into Microsoft! The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication attempts. Please wait a moment and try again."

somethingisme

Oct 27, 2017
Still no luck on an All Access preorder. Microsoft's site will load the page for the Series S All Access but there's nowhere to click to add it to cart.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With some amazon funny money instead of all access i did 40 dollars a month through amazon credit card

Better all around - thanks amazon for rescuing this shitshow

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Man above everything i love videogames. Never bought an Xbox but your enthusiasm is making me wanna buy a Series S, lmao.

Exciting years ahead for all of us!

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
LOL EBAY

1bPo8qS.png
At least they include free shipping!

Kyry

Oct 27, 2017
Local Gamestop only had 7 Series X and 2 Series S.
There was a huge fight over that 7th position in line.

Feb 1, 2018
Tried for the past 90mins but couldn't get it from Target, BB, MS store, or Amazon. Newegg was in stock but Apple Pay wasn't working and by the time I logged into my account for traditional checkout it was gone.

Whatever, I already have a PS5 on the way. Just wanted a series s but will wait until it's easily available from Amazon. Not really in a rush, my 1X plays gamepass games fine

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
This whole process sucked as bad as the PS5. BBY was a total mess when the PS5 pre-orders were up so Amazon came through with the cool people here providing a backdoor link. Then today, couldn't find an X on MSFT store and woohooo the site comes through again as I got an X on Amazon and my son was so persistent with the MSFT store that he was able to get an S an hour later.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
It is clearly at least just as bad as PS5 pre-orders -- and arguably worse, given Microsoft's snarky tweet about having a set time (which was then ignored by two major retailers and checking out was an issue on all sites).

I mean its better than everyone going up early as soon as the ps event ended.

This is just more fresh in people's minds since its still happening.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe how poorly the AA handling has been. Almost feels like a cheap PR statement, lol.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
tbh Era has been my best resource for all of this. I have been very chill about pre ordering anything as I've been on vacation, but I came to this thread, see someone posted a link, and then click the link and preordered. I've gotten both the PS5 Phy/Dig editions, as well as the XboxSX this way.. guess I've just been lucky with my timing on checking the threads?

anyways, thanks Era. Appreciate the effort people are putting in posting links and times.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
So i managed to order both the S and the X through microsoft store? I'm hoping thats allowed and I won't have one of the two cancelled? The S is for my sister.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Series X off Amazon with no hassle, but I was only doing this to show a friend I could get one because he was trying and failing everywhere. I only wanted a Series S in the future. So debating to just cancel my order or just let send it to him and just wire me the amount.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Who would have thought getting a PS5 would be easier than an Xbox...2020 doesn't fail to surprise.
That makes complete sense. Most people were caught unaware of the PS5 preorder mess. If you were not checking your phone for a few hours or at a computer, you completely missed out. Things ramped up in terms of pages dying once news spread.

Dec 4, 2018
Had one in my cart at Best Buy. Kept telling me to wait and try again. Now it's available. At least with Amazon once it showed up I got to check out.

Wanted to use that no interest financing at BB. Oh well.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
How did ANYONE get through on Best Buy? I made it all the way to processing order then it kicked me back to the cart.