• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Good luck trying to actually compelte your order.. I tried for an hour. And now apparently I keep getting access denied message to bestbuy.ca

Couldn't complete my order on the Microsfot store either... in the final steps at the source though.
Yeah me too. Could not complete on bestbuy.ca

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Hrm... I really wanted an All Access pre-order, but I think I'm SOL so I might just give up and order a really long active HDMI cable and a bluetooth adapter for my PC to turn it into a makeshift Series X.

Regret Truth

Oct 28, 2017
How is this helpful Microsoft?!
Pxj5mgk.jpg

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I ordered a series X, but it may or may not go to my brother. He's much more excited about the system but hasn't been able to get his order in yet.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get a preorder in with best buy but it's not working. I may just hope that Amazon sends me a console :D lol

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From experience with Best Buy, if you haven't checked out already you aren't getting a system.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this was way more of a shitshow than ps5. I was able to pick up 3 systems, and their reservation list went off just fine. this on the otherhand, amazon not going up for almost an hour after launch, microsofts own site shit the bed and still is, All Access isn't available anywhere and theyve been propping that as a huge draw. Hell i talked 5 people this week into picking it up just for that!

I finally picked one up on amazon, but after PS5, and getting a 3080 I would prefer going with all access for this but thats not an option, and who knows when it will be.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I put up with them for the 20% GCU and now the rewards program, but they are terrible with pre-orders. You could pre-order on day one and still get your order canceled, they almost never get pre-order bonuses right. Usually late to get pre-order offers posted so you can order. Zero communication. Just terrible to deal with. I try to order as little as possible from them.
They also rarely actually get you stuff on release day even though they use that as an incentive to get you to preorder. They didn't even load my copy of Mario All Stars on a truck until 7pm at night on release date.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah, no. Microsoft talked shit about the time/date problem only. Few online systems can take pre-order dumps like this. The difference is MS told you when so you were ready to help crash the servers.

Bingo.

All these drive by posts about MS lying about preorder ease of use are pathetic. They act like MS claimed they fixed the burden of internet traffic hammering a website.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got my Walmart order good to go. I snagged an Amazon order for a friend but he ended up getting one at GameStop. I did the right thing and cancelled the amazon order.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Someone needs to start posting Jingle All The Way gifs in here to keep morale up.

KingCookie5

Oct 31, 2017
After messing around with BB since for 1.5 hours I was able to get one on Amazon.ca as soon as it went live a minute ago, see if it holds i guess...

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I was able to grab a PS5 preorder pretty easily from Amazon but I never even got close to securing a Xbox Series X. Oh well I have a good gaming PC and didn't really need it but thought I would at least give it a shot...

Oct 27, 2017
Best Buy checkout finally gives me shopping or pickup options and now it is borked. Microsoft store still has one in my cart, but won't place order. I have an Amazon order, but don't trust it.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Asking nicely for the people that need to preorder. Can we chill on discussing the PS5 preorders so that others can find links to preorder their consoles?

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I believe literally anybody has ordered one through Best Buy. Refreshed probably a hundred times, been in cart, click on checkout, "sorry, we're having a system issue, but it should only be temporary." If it's not that, it's getting taken out of my cart. I have a Best Buy card so I'll get money back from ordering through here rather than my Walmart order, but at this point, I'm pretty close to giving up!

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS out here talking shit but can't back it up SMH

So can we move forward to pre-order ranges instead of hard dates?
I dont know why anyone thought the platform holders had any control over these websites being shit. I understand MS being tempted to give Sony shit but they should have known this was all but guaranteed.

End the end, the queue system proved to be the best option.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
at the end of the day, I got an X off Amazon, an S off Walmart, and a PS5 digital off Walmart. So I have all the systems coming thankfully. Need to still sell my PS4 slim. Sold my X1X last week.

SirNick

Aug 26, 2020
They also rarely actually get you stuff on release day even though they use that as an incentive to get you to preorder. They didn't even load my copy of Mario All Stars on a truck until 7pm at night on release date.

Yeah, and then being Elite or Elite Plus doesn't offer "exclusive access to the hottest tech." XSX should've had an exclusive preorder window for Elite members.