• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
Walmart.ca was suspiciously easy. Initially I was just going for MS, Best Buy, and Amazon but MS was slow and the other didn't even have their pages up. So I decided to check out Walmart, created an account, added billing and shipping, and snagged a Series S.

It was a weirdly smooth process but everything seems to check out so far!

uncledonnie

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get an XSX and XSS through the MS store after 45 minutes of fucking around...phew.

One last time and best of luck to everyone...DO NOT USE SUGGESTED SHIPPING ADDRESS AFTER YOU ENTER YOUR ADDRESS ON MICROSOFT STORE. For me this kept resulting in "cannot ship to your country" errors. Not using it worked fine.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Target is showing stock.

vJiTiTD.jpg

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit, I finally got my MS store order to go through! I didn't think I was going to get one when everything was already dead at 10:01 central...

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I think...I got one at Wal-mart??? I had some hiccups but eventually got an order confirmation number. No email yet. Probably their servers are on fire now. I've played games my whole life but never tried to get one at launch day, this is ridiculously exciting haha

Yup, my first launch console as well.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Walmart.ca was suspiciously easy. Initially I was just going for MS, Best Buy, and Amazon but MS was slow and the other didn't even have their pages up. So I decided to check out Walmart, created an account, added billing and shipping, and snagged a Series S.

It was a weirdly smooth process but everything seems to check out so far!
It feels like getting the S through Walmart was good for most people. But it's hard to parse sentiment on a thread like this.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Passed by the source at eaton Centre and no one was there. They prob had preorders available.

In person still the best way to do things. So painless and easy. Just had to wait for a few hours.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Christ that was stressful. Microsoft store wouldn't load, Target wouldn't add to the shipping cart, Amazon shit the bed, Walmart sold out and I got really lucky with GameStop after like 20 reloads.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Got one on the Microsoft store, which is a huge relief because I had the full $530 or whatever loaded on my balance there.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow Target actually went through. Didn't actually get an order confirmation page but checking my order history I see its pre ordered and I got a confirmation email

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After hitting "Place Order" on Target dozens of times and never getting a confirmation page, I got an email from them and a hold on my credit card, so I guess it worked? It shows in my order history too. I ended up just closing the checkout page.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'm giving up. I usually don't do launch anyway. But due to COVID19 wanted some more toys I could enjoy at home. I'd just wait when these things are easily available.

Good luck, everyone. One less person in the funnel to compete with lol.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Why does everyone keep posting amazon links that aren't live?
There are like 3 different links and no way to know which one will be correct until it is live

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
*wipes sweat from brow* The nightmare is over. Console launch 2020 is complete. Now I just wait for systems to arrive.

Managed to get a Series X from MS (about 20 minutes ago), just waited till the confirmation email came in before celebrating.