• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
THANK GOD I managed to secure one through the Microsoft store. I actually stood up all night because of anxiety over this this whole mess and just before preorders went up... I completely crashed and fall asleep because I was so tired. I woke up 15 minutes later and somehow managed to get me one but damn that was close.

Good look to everyone else!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Unbelievable to watch this, here in Germany I had 5 different shops open and could've gotten one from every single one of them. Good luck everyone.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Target peeps, there's a separate 5% Red Card offer for all online orders, so if you apply that the normal Red Card 5%, I could have pre-ordered a XSX for $494 shipped after discounts. (I'm in CA)

The extra 5% can be enabled on the main page. There should be a "See offers now" button.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, got a second one through MS. Done. Got my PS5 DE (canceled my disc PS5 from Walmart) and got 2 Series X from MS (one for me, one for my son)

BusterJol

Nov 2, 2017
Me and Target after they came through with a PS5 and Series X pre-order with (relatively) limited hassle:
giphy.gif
Targets the GOAT. Got me my One X and One at launch.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I'll give gamestop the benefit of the doubt, went through checkout up until order confirmation without the site crashing. I don't know if i could lock in the preorder but it seemed to be working. Good luck to you all.

+ Looks like the X is OOS at Gamestop now, going by the message in the cart page.

Link-182

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to snag one on the Microsoft store and then (After I closed the tab!?!) gamestop somehow went through!

For those who have experience with Microsoft or Gamestop launch day shipments - which is better? Is one usually more reliable to get the shipment on launch day? Trying to decide which one to cancel.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Took 37 minutes, but finally got an all access order into Gamestop... Thought I was gonna miss out.

Popokarimu

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the series x through MS store, took about twenty minutes of refreshing but it finally took. After a while it told me that I had the maximum amount in my cart even though the cart image never updated, so I started refreshing the cart itself and it showed up in there eventually.

badabeezy

Oct 27, 2017
Got one through the MS Store. Took forever. Only issue is that it didn't have an option for my MS credit so I pushed through with a credit card just to get an order in. Have a call scheduled with support to hopefully switch the payment over.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If you have a Red Card, make sure you go to the current deals and add the 5 percent off any purchase deal for the week. You'll end up getting 10 percent off the console.

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Got my preorder in at MSFT store for the X. Walmart's all access preorders were gone almost instantly so was begining to lose hope.

Only took 400 refreshes or so but Christmas is very much not cancelled.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
MS: Dont put our stuff up early or you'll be sorry.
Amazon: is that a threat? Shame if we put it up late then. Hopefully no one has to go back to work...
I'm trying to remember...was it Amazon who put up pre-orders for one of the classic mini consoles in smaller batches throughout the day at one point? Maybe that's what they're doing here.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Best Buy Canada is still showing a live pre-order link for both consoles, but the pages themselves seem to be a crapshoot as to whether they will load.

flyingorion

Dec 4, 2017
Got Series X from Target!Will it still be possible to change to All Access plan later on? I just wanted to secure the preorder.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Holy crap! Just got a series X All Access through GameStop! I was about to give up too ><

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Got one from Microsoft. Anyone else having trouble please try to add the series console directly from the Xbox One Store. Then once you have added it you can try to check out from the website since it should still be in your cart. That's how I managed to get it through.

Dean

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got through on the Microsoft Store. I had to click the place order button after entering all of my payment information at least 10 times because it kept erroring out.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Keep trying at Target, folks. If it gets in your cart you can get it even if it says "sold out" afterwards

Yeah, I managed to get mine at Target even after the site went unresponsive and kicked me out of the flow. Getting it at Target was important for me, Red Card gives you 5% off, and I had a birthday coupon that took another 5% off.

Just need to find someplace to sell my old XB1X

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How in the living hell is Best Buy still not up? This is comical at this point.

I managed to get my order through on the MS Store so it doesn't really matter to me, but still. They're gonna get demolished by people who missed Target and Wal-Mart.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Keep trying at Target, folks. If it gets in your cart you can get it even if it says "sold out" afterwards

i have been in this state for like 30 minutes though, i figure there's gotta be a timer eventually on which you no longer have whatevers in your cart reserved (if there ever was one)

still trying though

uncledonnie

Oct 26, 2017
OMG finally got one through Mkicrosoft store. Hint...DO NOT USE THEIR SUGGESTED ADDRESS AFTER YOU PUT IN THE SHIPPING ADDRESS. I kept getting an error on checkout saying it could not ship to my country -- as soon as I declined their suggested address everything worked.