• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Gamestop I'm waiting outside of finally put an allotment sign out. 4 Xs and 2 Ss.

And there's only 3 of us here so I'm set.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
This is a very good time to do the following on each of the sites in the OP:
1) Log into the site
2) Confirm shipping address
3) Confirm payment options (have multiple for when Chase inevitably flags you for fraud)

Don't wait. When the sites lock up these tasks will be extremely difficult.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Have to be on a conference call at work while this goes live, so just want to confirm there is no direct link to Amazon US yet for the X yet right? Just the general Series X page? Or has someone reverse engineered a link like for the PS5 preorder?

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
We didn't have the add to cart link at this point last time. Just the product page. No idea if there were doggos there before the products were live through the backdoor.
I had the product pages open for both consoles, getting doggos. Then the link went live on twitter, I purchased the console. When I refreshed the product pages after purchasing, still got doggos. Just trying to share what little evidence I have.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Confirmed release games are:
Dirt 5
Gears Tactics
AC Valhalla
Tetris Effect
Observer Redux
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Watch Dogs Legion
Falconeer

Then Friday is Kingdom of Hearts Melody of Memory and COD Black Ops Cold War. Week after is Cyberpunk

Can't believe I'm buying this when there are no release games I care about besides Halo before it was delayed. 2 days later i'll most likely be playing Demons Souls and Spidey. I hope we get some last gen game patches at least.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
This is a very good time to do the following on each of the sites in the OP:
1) Log into the site
2) Confirm shipping address
3) Confirm payment options (have multiple for when Chase inevitably flags you for fraud)

Don't wait. When the sites lock up these tasks will be extremely difficult.

yup that's exactly what I've been doing too, but even then I'm still scared I'll get screwed.
Maybe Sams club will save me again like it did with the PS5, haha

KOB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm nervous. Think I'm going Amazon first, but I'll drive by my GameStop to see if that's a no go. Really want to trade in my One X.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The Gamestop I'm waiting outside of finally put an allotment sign out. 4 Xs and 2 Ss.

And there's only 3 of us here so I'm set.

Maybe not.

Not saying it will happen to you but when I got my PS5 at GameStop the cashier actually had a friend in the store who preordered not just for themselves but then preordered a second time for the cashier who then said "Thanks, I'll pay you this weekend."

Just be ready. Check that sheet and make sure it lines up with the # people ahead of you and not GameStop employees preordering for themselves.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm buying this when there are no release games I care about besides Halo before it was delayed. 2 days later i'll most likely be playing Demons Souls and Spidey. I hope we get some last gen game patches at least.
Yeah, I don't care about the launch lineup. Only want an S cause it's a good deal and used XOs are expensive still. Need a Game Pass machine.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
but that is the issue , now EVERYONE knows it will be up for sale, the number of people trying to buy AT THE SAME TIME will be higher I believe
That makes it easier. All sites will be up at the same time instead of everyone hitting one site each time. Everyone hit Target and yet the PS5 disc version was up for over 5 minutes.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Confirmed release games are:
Dirt 5
Gears Tactics
AC Valhalla
Tetris Effect
Observer Redux
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Watch Dogs Legion
Falconeer

Then Friday is Kingdom of Hearts Melody of Memory and COD Black Ops Cold War. Week after is Cyberpunk

Didnt want to quote everyone that responded but thank you for the help guys!!!

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Barkley is my spirit animal rn

2._TTD_.jpg