• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I do wonder why people would rush to get it if they were on the fence before that. Any of the games that they acquired surely won't be coming for a couple of years anyway so i''m not sure why anyone would try to rush in and get one at launch.
If they wanted a new console already, I can see how this would tip someone over, sure. Game Pass is a hell of a drug.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Can this actually be legit? 1 console for a store?

EihfdTfX0AYuRs2

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
I've secured a Series X, not that it was difficult in Poland, lol. Still, I'm quite happy!

I hope that anyone who wasn't able to preorder yet will be able to do so soon! I will keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone!

I'm not going to be getting both MS and Sony systems at launch this time. Given my free time (due to two young children) I had to choose and went with PS5 to start the gen.

I will be following along though. Love the next gen / preorder hype!!
Same situation..with the kiddos no time for two consoles (for now) PS5 to start the gen and I'm assuming I'll have the new xbox by the mid gen refresh. Just in time for those juicy zenimax exclusives.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Went to the GameStop down the street from me, and there were about 15 people in line. I suppose that's not too surprising in a college town, but damn.

Would any of the retailers have online pre-orders for in-store pickup? Or am I going to have to wait for it to be delivered on release day?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see the demand increase based of yesterday's news. I'm sure a lot people who were on the fence are about to get a case of FOMO and snatch up a new console
Pushed me over the edge that's for sure. I wanted one anyway for Gamepass and BC stuff, but yesterday's move persuaded me that I definitely want to get a Series X.
I don't remember how the One orders went. I believe I just did it with no fuss. Each generation gets more difficult I suppose.
I don't remember pre orders last gen for any of the consoles (or this gen with the Switch) being as bad as the PS5 situation for sure. Not quite sure if I'm just misremembering things but both the PS5 and Series X sold out instantly, I could have sworn that it was slightly less hectic in previous years? I do remember (at least in the UK) it was rather difficult to get either a One or PS4 soon after launch though, and I'd expect the exact same issue or worse for these consoles over the next few months for sure.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I'm stuck with a bunch of anti-mask people talking about the "terrible violence" in Manhattan 🤦🏻‍♂️ Someone kill me

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I showed up to my Gamestop when I did.

They only have 3 Series X and 2 Series S.

I'm the third person in line.

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
2:30pm - Smyths website online for the first time since 7:55am - no Series X stock left.

Somehow ended up with a PS5 I don't really want, and no Xbox. Boo.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I hope the majority of the allocations are going online rather than stores. Otherwise there's going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Trying for Amazon first, then MS Store. Just went through both and made sure my address and payment info is all squared away. Hoping I can do the quick checkout with Amazon, and if that fails, will jump over to the MS Store tab

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
Have we seen footage of a game running on S yet? I want one but I don't know how future proof it truly is...

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm going to try this again. Thought I was too old for this shit. I don't really even need one right now, but with how expensive used XOs still are, I may as we try to get a Series S. I hope everyone goes for the X.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Again, EU went fine compared to the 3080 launch. Doesn't mean US won't be a disaster, but I think anyone who is on the ball will likely get one.

Anecdotal but it seems like online preorders outside the US lasted longer than the PS5 ones did, so I'm hoping the same is true for the US. In all reality if you're ready to go you only need 2 or 3 minutes to add to cart and checkout no matter what site you're going with.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll be getting this. Game pass makes the decision for me. With $90 games in Canada, I just can't justify the price for ps5 games. I'll get a ps5 in 3-4 years when there's a decent selection of greatest hits games.