• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Anybody have a flow chart of which online retailer charges right away or which doesn't? Curious as to how the Microsoft store will operate.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Are they allocating units just for people who sign up for it, though? I am under the impression there is a set amount and when they are gone, they are GONE,
I don't think we really know, even now after it went live in some other countries already. Some people managed to get systems via it. Didn't sound like the UK had much luck though.

Spiderhead

Banned
Aug 15, 2020
Canada
d6WWrvZcG8rIfZmKVmKYm1t1MMM=.gif

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I'm... hoping that things go well.

As a heads up for people, if you can, try that app if the browser crashes. Sometimes the apps will still work, even after the regular site goes down.

Dwinn7

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious to see the demand increase based of yesterday's news. I'm sure a lot people who were on the fence are about to get a case of FOMO and snatch up a new console

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My plan is to go for Best Buy. My biggest fear is Best Buy opens up their preorders 2-3 minutes late, and then by the time Best Buy opens up, all the other retailers are sold out.

I really, really hope ALL retailers truly open up at the exact second 8am PST hits.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Little heads up for people hoping to do the all access. I texted the Xbox One link on walmart, and it lets you get the process started. It's a one page form, your address, DOB, SSN and then you click submit, next page said I was approved. So it was pretty quick.

What worries me is then it said "oh waaaaaaaaait we have no xbox one's sorry" So that's a little razzle dazzle switcheroo, but hopefully they have some set aside just for all access and we all on the same playing field entering the credit check page.

It seems like since I entered the info already when I go back to the page I can click the " Already approved for Xbox All Access? " link and I can go straight to trying to get a console. Maybe worth doing this, dunno if it will apply to the series but I hope.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think Best Buy has the All Access Pass for the Series X, just the Series S? Which is a huge bummer because that would have been my jump off point.

I'm still kind of hemming and hawing at whether I should go for one, the idea of owning one sounds really appealing, but in reality I don't know if I can find any reason to own one when I have a One X and a high end gaming PC already.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I went to two GameStops this morning both in the heart of LA. One had five Xs with five people in line the other had 3 with 10 people in line (what?!).

back in bed for some more shut eye before the online drops

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
All tabs loaded. All payment and address information updated. Signed in everywhere. Let's do this.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
My local gamestop only had 6 XSX and 2 XSS and when I got there there was already over 10 people
tenor.gif

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
So, do we use the Wario-64 linked all access pages to pre-order via Xbox All Access? I thought it'd be a payment option and we'd pre-order like normal.

t3mr0i

Mar 24, 2019
I am seriously suprised, that the Xbox Series S is still available in Germany.

Series S

Did it ever occur, that a console launch batch has not sold out?

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I was lucky to score a PS5 preorder, now wishing all the best to XBox Era this morning.

Get what's yours. Crush all bots and resellers in your wake. You can do it!

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this goes better than the Nvidia launch and these stores have real bot protection. Fuck Scalpers

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself I'm not going to keep refreshing the all access page for the Series S to sit in my office and compliment my gaming PC.

But here I am already with the all-access pages up and waiting to hit refresh.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
I'm curious to see the demand increase based of yesterday's news. I'm sure a lot people who were on the fence are about to get a case of FOMO and snatch up a new console
I do wonder why people would rush to get it if they were on the fence before that. Any of the games that they acquired surely won't be coming for a couple of years anyway so i''m not sure why anyone would try to rush in and get one at launch.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 and the 3080 launch were so miserable. I just hav ea bad feeling about this with the similar low GameStop counts.

And just like Sony, it appears MS is putting out much fewer of their cheaper consoles.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
If you want the S, go for it. Honestly, it sounds like good value for money. Also, less sharks in the water based on how EU pre-orders went.
Thing is, my plan is to sell the Ps4 at GameStop Canada for $200 which would make the series s a ridiculous deal

the x would still be like $400 but the s would be like $180

am i crazy not to take that deal?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
It should be 10AM central time.

There is a guy at my store who doesn't believe the sign either. Guy is also talking with another dude about scalping consoles. Im worried that he will try to rush the door....

That sucks. We have marked places on the pavement. We are standing on them. If you aren't on a spot you don't get anything.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
GS manager arrived. Said "yeah, I don't know my stock, may need to sell you guys an online bundle".
cut it out