• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Replying to thread for hidden content. The windows central page with links to the different retailer pages for preorder is down. Anyone have another?

aliencowz7

Apr 24, 2018
Hope it wasn't a mistake to forego in person preorder for online, managed to get ps5 pre-ordered online but having a dedicated time is making me a little nervous

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck everyone!

I'm not going to be getting both MS and Sony systems at launch this time. Given my free time (due to two young children) I had to choose and went with PS5 to start the gen.

I will be following along though. Love the next gen / preorder hype!!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Geeze, you guys have me get the Best Buy Xbox series page on a separate tab on safari on my iPhone.

i have so many tabs open, all signed in with credit card info saved (something i NEVER do). i have a second monitor set up. i have my CC info ready to be copy pasted just in case. and i'm on my 2nd cup of coffee. if i strike out today i'm going to be pissed....

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Two more people cycled into my store so I went ahead and got in line. Was hoping to just wait in my car lol. GS has a list there and they are getting 6 Series Xs and 2 Series Ss and one person in front of my said he's getting a S as well so lol, under the wire baby

Oct 27, 2017
i have so many tabs open, all signed in with credit card info saved (something i NEVER do). i have a second monitor set up. i have my CC info ready to be copy pasted just in case. and i'm on my 2nd cup of coffee. if i strike out today i'm going to be pissed....
I wasn't planning to get one since I got a PS5 already preordered and I got a one s, which should be fine for a year. But this thread....

The Maestro

Feb 12, 2018
Went to two GameStop's both had lots of people in line. No social distancing and no masks. Trying my luck online it seems.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
For those who spoke to Gamestop yesterday, are they opening at 11 for this? All my local GS open at noon normally.
It should be 10AM central time.

Been here since 1130 last night. All the consoles have been claimed since 3am. People are still lining up. They don't believe the sign on the door that says 4x 2s

There is a guy at my store who doesn't believe the sign either. Guy is also talking with another dude about scalping consoles. Im worried that he will try to rush the door....

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
Apple uses the same provider for iPhone launches, so I think they'll be ready for this.

That's great to hear. Still have reservations about the time it would take to fill out the credit application. These units are going to go FAST. I think saving 3 bucks a month for 24 months on GPU is not worth the risk. I am nervous. I have not owned an Xbox since the 360. MS has been just making the smart decisions and GPU is just too good to pass up, especially with Zenimax now in the fold. I spent 2 hours last night trying to recover my old Xbox gamertag as I had not logged in with it in over a decade. Got it all sorted out, though! Changed my gametag to something more relevant than what it was when I was 30 lol. Got my credit card all on file and address updated. This is worse than the day before my wedding!

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
I barely got any sleep last night, kept waking up almost every hour. I wasn't this stressed when I pre-ordered the One years ago. I guess that's a testament to how well Xbox has turned their image around.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
All of my accounts are ready. I have my Xbox One t-shirt on for good luck.

Less than an hour and half to go. I'm ready for this. Prepare for battle!

JayVegas702

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking the "All Access" program probably is the easiest option to secure an XBSX providing you have good credit. BOTs can't sign up for that, not everyone will get approved based on credit. It's not like your not gonna want to have Ultimate with your console, if your getting an XB your getting that too.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't planning to get one since I got a PS5 already preordered and I got a one s, which should be fine for a year. But this thread....

yeah, i'm generally not that concerned with a launch. but this feels different. all the bot talk and extremely limited in person stock is concerning. looks like if you were on it, online purchases went somewhat smoothly elsewhere in the world though - and i imagine MS kept most of the stock for the US. /fingers crossed

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
With these miserable pre-order allocations, Microsoft must be holding a sizable amount back for launch no?
No? I believe like Australia and other countries that have some states in lockdown, most retailers are reserving larger allocations for online or digital retailers pre orders.

I highly doubt you will see one physically in the wild unless a preorder is cancelled.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
its raining super hard in Tulsa this morning, but I'm having slight regret not getting in line and hoping for online. Feeling optimistic after the good news from EU.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I barely got any sleep last night, kept waking up almost every hour. I wasn't this stressed when I pre-ordered the One years ago. I guess that's a testament to how well Xbox has turned their image around.
It's also 2020. In home entertainment has never been more important. I look at the UK, say and I wonder what this fall is going to be like. I want something fun to do that doesn't involve being indoors with other people.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Grrr I really hate GameStop but getting a ps5 pre order was way to stressful lol. Going to be sitting here for two hours and they have ten pre order spots... I'm number ten! Hopefully someone does not try to cut in line!

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Amazon burned me on an elite series 2 controller so im hesitant to trust them right now, but best buy really screwed up on ps5 preorders.... i dunno what to do lol.

Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
I'm thinking the "All Access" program probably is the easiest option to secure an XBSX providing you have good credit. BOTs can't sign up for that, not everyone will get approved based on credit. It's not like your not gonna want to have Ultimate with your console, if your getting an XB your getting that too.

Are they allocating units just for people who sign up for it, though? I am under the impression there is a set amount and when they are gone, they are GONE,

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019