• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
My local GameStop will have 5 Series X and 2 Series S preorders available. I'm getting too old for this shit, but I might camp out.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Placed a "register your interest" (not an official preorder) on ShopTo (UK) just as an insurance policy. If it's the same as PS5 I'll be able to convert that into a pre-order later today but with no guarantee yet of release day delivery.

So my plan is to try elsewhere first - Amazon, MS Store etc, and then convert my ShopTo reservation to an official preorder if everywhere else sells out. At least then I know I'll get one, even if it is after launch.

ShopTo page for anyone else who wants to register - https://www.shopto.net/en/xbxhw01-xbox-series-x-p191471/

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I've got no idea what's going on with Amazon AU. It's only Target and Amazon that haven't put their links up yet.

Apparently they're dripfeeding stock throughout the day on Microsoft's store. Might be worth F5ing every now and then:

www.microsoft.com

Xbox Series X | Xbox

Discover the fastest, most powerful Xbox ever with the Xbox Series X.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Note that hidden link is tied to the delisted Series X listing on Amazon. Wario's twitter mentioned they might put it up under a new listing, which would make that link unusable.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
there is no way microsoft is going to be ok with only having 7 consoles for launch at gamestop.
Yes, I'm taking the Manager at his word, and maybe this is after employees' take, but remember: COVID-19. Factories were shut down for quite some time in the beginning. With that logic, it's not outside the realm of possibility that supplies are going to be constrained.

Oct 28, 2017
Camping out at gamestop? What is it 2006 and the WIi launch again?

My GS is getting 10 total, 8/2, so that's a lost cause, I'm looking at target.com PS5 checkout was nice and easy there.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
So, does anyone know if Microsoft or Target charge for pre-orders? I've never ordered from them directly before.

VamosTigres

Jun 11, 2020
Super curious to see how sites like Newegg do... I feel they'll probably be forgotten but won't have much stock regardless

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
Microsoft Store physical locations only or online store included? I don't think MS has the physical footprint to service nearly enough people. They need the retailers to hit all the corners.

I'm referring just to online stores. I'm ASSUMING that in MOST locations where people are buying $750 consoles that package deliveries are more or less working.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So more confusion while i am on hold and waiting to hear from them - some other people have also noticed this and got mixed messages - some have been emailed and said they have been told to expect an email confirming the order and one was told over the phone the money will be refunded and no order given.

An absolute fucking mess tbh - we will see.
Oh my god haha

I wonder if it matters maybe when the first order went through?
Like I know I did mine with 30 seconds. And the 2 ladies on the phone with me were both adamant, I triple checked, that it was their on my history on their end.

mall in all though it is a mess. I don't blame EB they must not have had many units