• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got my accounts for every US store mentioned in the OP (except for Sam's Club) ready to go. Got all of the pages bookmarked.

I'm ready for tomorrow.

tenor.gif

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm ordering at Amazon.de since 1999 and am a day-1 Prime subscriber for Germany, but I've grown extreeemely unhappy with their customer support, delivery times and deceiving stock listings. Last time I tried, I couldn't even eMail Amazon.de. To eMail market place sellers? No problem. But no eMail to Amazon themselves; just chat support with people who don't even try to dig into your problem and instead give you the most surface level be-happy lies.

I agree it would probably be different with an article they sell this many units of, but still. I'd rather give MS the money directly.

I'm also customer of amazon.de and I can agree when it comes to delivery and stock problem. I'm pretty unhappy with their own new delivery service as example but the only thing that never disappointed so far was the customer support. I personally always use the chat. Yes you're right, people there aren't that exited to help you, a lot of times, but still it's a live interaction with someone and I always prefer that over e-mail and so far I've got every single problem solved I've ever had. If you're in the 2 year time frame you always get your money back for everything or part of the money if there are smaller problems.
When we ordered 2 Switch consoles at release, there was a day months before release where the price dropped to 170€ for a really short time and I remembered that at release and they even f'n honored that after I talked to them and we've literally got 1 Switch for free and 300 bucks back.
And with problems of hardware accessories, you get money back to get a new one and can even keep that problematic part like controllers (cause when they are part of a console buy, what the hell are they gonna do with them?). Literally every other store like Game Stop or Saturn would have asked for that accessory.

If the console breaks (or has a problem but it's still usable), at least you can get a new one as replacement immediately and you have to send it back afterwards which is how it should be in general, everywhere. But it isn't unfortunately. You always have to send your shit in first at Saturn, or at the companies directly and I just don't want to deal with that shit and missing out on the product for weeks just because it's their fault. I did that a few times in the past with the 3DS as example which I've got at Saturn back then and I'm over that. I couldn't do it anymore, it would drive me crazy.

But I get your frustrations.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I'm in as long as I can snag an all access from MS store or Best Buy. If the site goes to shit then I'm not even gonna bother until its easy to order them again. I'm not doing the 6 hour Best Buy click shit again, especially now that I snagged a PS5.

Nov 21, 2017
Hey guys, bit of a silly question but... Can you ( in EU ) pre-order the Xbox Series X All Access from the online Microsoft Store? Or is that deal on other retailers only?

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
My Gamestop is only getting 6 of the X and 4 of the S. I'll go up there at 30 minutes before they go online to see what the line looks like. Otherwise, it's online hunting. I'm getting a tad bit nervous tbh. Already secured my PS5.
.......sigh.....I wanted to take an hour off work to get there like 30 minutes early but Im sure 6 people will be in line by then.

Not sure if I should even bother now..

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
.......sigh.....I wanted to take an hour off work to get there like 30 minutes early but Im sure 6 people will be in line by then.

Not sure if I should even bother now..

The allotments are so small I doubt anyone going 1-2 hours early will get anything. This really is a surprise. The manager at mine was stunned. He was told on ps5 launch day by the DM to expect 2/3x more Xbox than ps5 and in many many places its less!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So I just got back from a quick recon of Game Stop stores near me. And...it is not looking good. Allocations are extremely tight and they are almost half of what they had of PS5's. Here is break down of 3 GS Stores:

GameStop#1: Had 18 PS5 Disk, 4 Digital....Xbox Series X 10 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units
GameStop#2: Had 27 PS5 DIsk, 4 Digital....Xbox Series X 10 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units
GameStop#3: Had 14 PS5 Disk, 4 Digital.....Xbox Series X 8 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units

So almost half the amount of PS5 units. Now this is only the first allocation. Not sure and they were not sure when they will have more allocation. One Store Manager said they were told at least 2 people would spend the night. While the others said they have no idea what time people would line up. All 3 Stores had taken manually on paper a list of people and they will be calling them today...this list does not mean they get a unit just that they will be pre-ordering them. One Store Manager told me that some of the 10 units they have may be bundles, but won't know more till later in the day.

So all in all...seems at least in this small sample the allocations are significantly smaller than PS5 units. My game plan is still to go very early. My wife happens to work next to a GameStop and while she cant wait in line for me, she can tell me when she goes in at 630am how many people they have in line. The other GS is 15 minutes away which is where I am going. So my plan is that if I get to the store I am going too and the line is long at least I might get a chance if the other store does not have as long of a line.

Good luck folks...if this is any indication of how allocations are at other retailers it is going to be rough tomorrow.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I see you EB games with the anti bot captcha. I hope more stores pull this out tomorrow to fuck over the bot scalpers.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I got an email from Amazon DE saying pre orders start 9AM

I guess they won't spontaneously open them over night

44tiger

Oct 31, 2019
GameStop#1: Had 18 PS5 Disk, 4 Digital....Xbox Series X 10 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units
GameStop#2: Had 27 PS5 DIsk, 4 Digital....Xbox Series X 10 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units
GameStop#3: Had 14 PS5 Disk, 4 Digital.....Xbox Series X 8 Units, Xbox Series S 2 units

My gamestop has 1 series X and 2 Series S.................

One series X, fricking one.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I was scoping out Game and Smyths' XAA pages because I'm considering trying to get All-Access tomorrow. Saw this bit of small print on Game's site that implies they don't do delivery on All-Access?

Before completing your transaction, please keep in mind that the person financing this Xbox All Access purchase must be the same person who picks up the Xbox console at a GAME location. You will be required to show two forms of ID when picking up your Xbox All Access bundle. This includes one government issued photo ID such as a passport or driving license, PLUS one proof of address such as a bill or bank statement dated within three months of the date of pick up. You will not be able to pick up your purchase without this identification.

I'd really rather avoid going to a shop if I can. Smyth's seems to deliver it though so...

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Do they know already? If I call tonight and ask about bundles Should they know?

Mine did. I just talked to him again to confirm. Here is what I was told. The company is saying "we don't want ANY naked systems sold. You need 5 attachments" that said, it's up to the manager. My guy said he is going to ask people and really implore upon them they need to preorder some other things but he won't make them.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Any pricing showing up yet for the extra 1TB external SSD?
Also do we know if this is available for pre-order starting tomorrow? I def want one!

They announced the pricing and availability of some accessories, but no mention of the external SDD.

news.xbox.com

Introducing Our Launch Line-up of Next-gen Xbox Accessories, Coming November 10 - Xbox Wire

On November 10, we’re jumping into the next generation of gaming with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. To ensure the most optimal next-gen gaming experience, we’ve created a new lineup of Xbox accessories, developed with you, the gamer, in mind. New Options for Your Next Controller We’ve...

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. Do you all know If I can order online at gamestop to ship to my house but go to a store to do the conaole trade in?

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
They announced the pricing and availability of some accessories, but no mention of the external SDD.

news.xbox.com

Introducing Our Launch Line-up of Next-gen Xbox Accessories, Coming November 10 - Xbox Wire

On November 10, we’re jumping into the next generation of gaming with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. To ensure the most optimal next-gen gaming experience, we’ve created a new lineup of Xbox accessories, developed with you, the gamer, in mind. New Options for Your Next Controller We’ve...

Ahh thx for the link. But ugh on no news about this...

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
That's my worry if I wait in line for 4 hours then I need to get 2 controllers and a game or some crap
I am suppose to get a phone call today from the Manager at one of the Stores. They are having a conf. call in a few hours to talk about the pre-orders and any details. I will post what they tell me when I hear from them.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Mine did. I just talked to him again to confirm. Here is what I was told. The company is saying "we don't want ANY naked systems sold. You need 5 attachments" that said, it's up to the manager. My guy said he is going to ask people and really implore upon them they need to preorder some other things but he won't make them.

I wonder if this was the case with the PS5 pre-orders too....

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is it possible that because of COVID they're holding back on retail in-store allocations?
Possible. I worked retail for 35 years and the way it use to work is you get allocations for pre-orders and they come launch you usually get some extra. The fact that Sony has already said they will have more units for pre-order could mean they had held some back or are pulling forward some of the units they had for launch above and beyond the pre-order allocations.

With that said it is pretty shocking to see the Xbox allocations at least from what I have seen.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Does this small number of consoles mean it was MS having production issues?

Or retailers not wanting to order too many in fear of what happened with Xbox one?

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I'm far too paranoid about signing up for All Access, running into an issue, and losing out so might just pay for the X outright. Super hyped and just waiting for 10AM at this point. Thanks for whomever mentioned the REDCard above, seems like Target might be the way to go for 5% off/cashback - whatever it is.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to get an extra Series S/X controller if you have a bunch of Xbox One controllers already, right?

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone just going to try to go the Amazon route or just afraid it won't arrive on time? I think I'm going to try and grab a spot there or at Microsoft's online store since it doesn't charge immediately.

I really need to commit to the PS5 or Series X (only getting one this holiday) and I really, really wish we'd get some comparisons with enough time to cancel one or the other, haha. For me, the PS5 launch is better but considering the absolute onslaught of developer talent at Xbox I can ride it out if the hardware is better (not just raw power) or there are significant advantages in third party games (OK, basically raw power here). The Series X would damn sure look better in my setup, too.