• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My local gamestop is opening at 8 AM, had planned on going at 7 AM, but i think i may just lug my work laptop with me and wait outside at 6.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
They told me again through microsoft store support (Spain) that preorders there are starting at 00:00 CEST lol.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
My local Gamestop opens at 12 EST, so I'm hoping getting there at 11 will be good enough. I can't get there any earlier because of work. Going to be refreshing Amazon and Best Buy on my phone as back up options.
I honestly would trust who told you 12, since that's their standard Covid hours. All of the stores around town that I've called are saying they're going to open at 11 for preorders.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly would trust who told you 12, since that's their standard Covid hours. All of the stores around town that I've called are saying they're going to open at 11 for preorders.
Yeah, I just double-checked with the store, they said they actually are opening at 11. The employee told me he heard that there will be campers, so I'm not liking my chances..... I'm too old and have too many other obligations to camp.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're referring to having more stock for a massive launch like PS4/xb1
This is similar to almost every other launch I can remember for pre-orders...I remember waiting all night for wii/ps pre-orders and there was even less of those at the toys r us i preordered from than the PS5/XBOX numbers being tossed around here.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
I just pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 through EB Games. Not because I actually want to get it from them (I want a digital copy), but so that I could make a purchase now to save my payment details. Not sure if it'll make a difference, but with low stock every second counts.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Fun times if there's even less stock than PS5.

Might just skip the inevitable bs and wait till '21

How accurate are the links on the OP btw, the UK Amazon one goes to an "oops" page

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Wonder if Gamestop will force bundles?

It's how I got my PS5 so I'm fully expecting I'm going to be forced into buying one that contains a Series X, extra controller, charger, an EGM subscription, seven years of Game Pass Ultimate, $400 in Xbox Game Store credit, an Astro A50 gaming headset and a PS5 just to secure my pre-order. $2240 is a low price to pay for my $500 pre-order in the great scheme of things...

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Controllers confirmed at $59.99, not the $69.99 we saw going around last week.

New Charge and Play is still $24.99.

New controllers (and new color) available tomorrow for preorder.

XboxAcc_Gen9-XDL_Wire_ShockBlue.png

The Xbox Wireless Controllers in Carbon Black, Robot White, Shock Blue, the PC controller bundles, and the Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable will be available beginning November 10 in nearly all Xbox markets worldwide. We've worked hard to give you improved controller features and experiences at the same $59.99 USD starting price as our previous controller, which also plays all games on Xbox Series X|S. The Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C Cable will be available at $24.99 USD.

news.xbox.com

Introducing Our Launch Line-up of Next-gen Xbox Accessories, Coming November 10 - Xbox Wire

On November 10, we’re jumping into the next generation of gaming with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. To ensure the most optimal next-gen gaming experience, we’ve created a new lineup of Xbox accessories, developed with you, the gamer, in mind. New Options for Your Next Controller We’ve...

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phil Spencer said stock won't be a problem. I imagine most of it will be available online since that's just how things are done nowadays. Expect Amazon, Microsoft, Walmart, and Best Buy to have large amounts imo.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm gonna get to my GS before 10 and see if there is a line. If It's over a certain amount already I'll give it my best shot online.

I'll have my wife on it too.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many consoles we'll get here in The Netherlands. I expect it to sell out regardless.

news.xbox.com

Introducing Our Launch Line-up of Next-gen Xbox Accessories, Coming November 10 - Xbox Wire

On November 10, we’re jumping into the next generation of gaming with Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. To ensure the most optimal next-gen gaming experience, we’ve created a new lineup of Xbox accessories, developed with you, the gamer, in mind. New Options for Your Next Controller We’ve...
Not gonna lie, that's hot.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
If I order at 9:15 in the MS online store, I will get one... in Germany (aka Playstation and PC land)... won't I?

Should I rather try Amazon?

Amazon, always Amazon since you're the king as customer there if you ever have a problem. That includes getting a new controller if the old one has a problem and you can still keep it like with PS4 back then.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

news.xbox.com

That looks sleek. And very pleased at $59.99!

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Gamestop will force bundles?

Online only, but yes. That's their MO for any major console launch and helps them hit KPI for margin and attachment rates.

I'm treating both last week with the PS5 and tomorrow for the XSS/XSX as trial runs to gauge consumer demand. There will be enough units in the coming weeks to reserve but companies and shareholders need to see those preorder numbers get knocked out of the park on day one. Social media engagement is great but sometimes it can't hold a candle to raw preorder sales numbers.

Here's what I wrote on the Gamestop allocation: https://wccftech.com/low-xbox-pre-o...eries-s-to-be-limited-to-two-units-per-store/

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

news.xbox.com

Shame the design labs isn't ready to go for the new controller:

Beginning October 14, Xbox Design Lab will be going offline temporarily so that we can bring you some updates, returning in 2021.

I wanted to grab one.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Anyone have experience with MS directly? I imagine they wil guarantee release day delivery ?

If not I am thinking Best Buy or Walmart then Amazon as a back up if necessary.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Shame the design labs isn't ready to go for the new controller:

I wanted to grab one.

Yea, I get why but I'll probably wait until next year to make a new one anyways.

Anyone have experience with MS directly? I imagine they wil guarantee release day delivery ?

If not I am thinking Best Buy or Walmart then Amazon as a back up if necessary.

Just with the CP2077 LE console. Had no issues with that, but I've never bought from them directly for a console launch.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Fun times if there's even less stock than PS5.

Might just skip the inevitable bs and wait till '21

How accurate are the links on the OP btw, the UK Amazon one goes to an "oops" page
My plan is to pick a store (Amazon) and try to get a preorder when they go live. If I don't get one...whatever...bad luck. I'll get one eventually after release day.

I'm too old for this shit of hanging out trying to grab however many preorders I can, then waiting to see which one will be available day 1 then cancelling all the other preorders.

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
I have redeemed £110 worth of Reward points into credit. Can I pay using the credit and my normal bank card? Or shall I just buy £340 worth of credit now? (This might screw me over if I don't get a pre order at the Microsoft store)

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only issue is if bots will ruin everything. Have there been any kind of assurances for Xbox preorders versus the 3080?
Someone that works at Best Buy said they were ramping up their servers to meet demand after what happened with the PS5. I assume the 3080 was much more limited than what the xboxes will be too.

it was a quote from an interview he did back in May

wccftech.com

Enough Xbox Series X Units Will Be Available At Launch, Phil Spencer Says

Phil Spencer recently commented on the Xbox Series X production, saying he feels confident that there will be enough units at launch

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019

Gaming fans may have as much trouble with Xbox Series X and S preorders tomorrow as they did with PlayStation 5 preorders last week. Supply for the new Xbox consoles is even more limited than it was for Sony's machine, according to multiple GameStop associates that spoke with GamesBeat. Gamestop employees told us that they have around half as many Xbox Series X and S systems as they did PlayStation 5s. This will likely lead to a situation where the console sells out immediately after going up for preorder.

For GameStop, this may have implications for who can even get a system. At least one sales district is emphasizing bundles and attachment rates over "naked" consoles. What that means is that stores will only try to sell an Xbox if you purchase it with other games and accessories. The goal is to get five additional items attached to any one console sold.

Last edited:

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't gamestop typically get less consoles at launch at stores? I remember them not having many last time.

WillRobBanks

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not looking to get an Xbox Series X for the foreseeable future, but those planning to preorder at GameStop - expect lots of campers. Within 45 minutes of the PS5 shadow drop, I arrived at my GameStop and they were already sold out. With this much time to plan and advertise, this first wave of preorders is going to go instantly. People are thirsty for all home entertainment since covid started.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Dont forget Gamestop will be bundling some of their allocation with games you wont want and accessories you dont need for $850.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Anyone else's Xbox One X looking a little shinier now that upgrading might be on hold lol

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
This sounds like horseshit. Gamestop is an F tier retailer compared to Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart. Those three are the ones who will get the most stock.

If it's F tier, then wouldn't that be correct in saying they would practically have little to none available from Gamestop? Maybe I read your comment wrong lol.