• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
People going to gamestop to preorder be careful! Tomorrow is going to be crazy. My gamestop, which is a super high volume one, one of the top sellers in the company is getting 8. That's right 8. 6 X 2S. That's it. The manager has no idea why the allocation is so small but that's it.

T-T-T

May 29, 2018
Since Microsoft's latest acquisition, I'm sold on the GamePass. I'll preorder first thing in the morning tomorrow

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
bad news for french people, no All Access pre-order for France. You will only be able to have AA from the november 10th launch date.

i wonder if this will have an influence for tomorrow and if people are going to switch for the non AA solution to be sure to have the console on day one. If they do, I expect some tough times to pre-order tomorrow morning in France :(

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, PS5 DE edition will actually look pretty good under my TV in my white tv stand/bench:

hmAJrUf.jpg
I still think the PS5 looks fairly thick, but definitely more media center friendly with it being set horizontal and will blend in with the rest of the panda aesthetic . I might have to be day 1 on the slim revision of the PS5.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I'm pretty nervous about this. I really want an S but if I can only find an X I can swing it.

am I pretty much crazy? will there be anyway to get one online tomorrow or will bots just fuck it all like everything else lately. I would go stand in line with a mask but I have type 1 diabetes and its not worth the risk.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I still think the PS5 looks fairly thick, but definitely more media center friendly with it being set horizontal and will blend in with the rest of the panda aesthetic . I might have to be day 1 on the slim revision of the PS5.

Yeah I'm actually tempted to wait for a XSX Slim. But I think that'll be 2 years out. That's a lot of 4K gaming to miss.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Man... really hoping I can secure an X preorder. Was lucky and got a PS5 preorder, so hopefully my luck continues! The word is that the allocations are small? Is that the consensus or...?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Still not sure what to do tomorrow... Gonna have to do some research after work.

Gonna try to preorder in person at EB across from Eaton Centre. Probably gonna show up 90 mins earlier before opening. So 930? Is that too late? I don't know what the thirst is for MS compared to Sony honestly.

Maybe it should be earlier....

I was planning on going to another mall for a Series S pre-order (plus trading in my One S), but I didn't want to go that early. You've made me paranoid now.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
I was planning on going to another mall for a Series S pre-order (plus trading in my One S), but I didn't want to go that early. You've made me paranoid now.

I just called my Gamestop. They said if you see it a crowd, it's already too late based on their allocation numbers.

Makes me wonder when I need to get there now, especially when there will probably be little social distancing and mask usage.

maloney

Oct 28, 2017
I would've agreed with you before today. I think the Bethesda announcement the day before pre-orders go live is going to cause a lot of people to pull the trigger who might not have otherwise been planning to pre-order right away. Having a set time for all retailers is also just asking for bots everywhere too.

I hadn't seen that news, just got in from work 😬

I still reckon it'll be fine.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Why could they not wait one day on this news I want to get The X but that fight is going to be fierce now.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Good luck in the morning all!

I decided over the weekend to leave any next gen purchase to next year for myself but hope it all goes smoothly. Gotta say the AA deal is wondrously attractive though and I just know I'm going to be jealous on release day.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, PS5 DE edition will actually look pretty good under my TV in my white tv stand/bench:

hmAJrUf.jpg

XSX is too tall for on top of the tv stand and looks ugly horizontal. XSS looks awesome but I don't want the inferior specs.
I have the same stand! Ikea FTW. I think PS5 and XSX will work well :D

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I missed the PS5, please let me get a series X, please. Sony is way more popular in my country, so hopefully that translates into being able to preorder a console.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I think ill wait till December to get Xbox one S. Really interested to get one but Places here are taking whole amount to pre-order

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not long! I hope I can get one tomorrow morning in the UK. Will be on the train to work, so that will be a nice start if I can.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017

hmAJrUf.jpg

XSX is too tall for on top of the tv stand and looks ugly horizontal. XSS looks awesome but I don't want the inferior specs.

Place it on the left side of the ent unit to balance out the subwoofer? Nice digs BTW 👍

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Pre-Order Eve.

Fully prepared to not get one tomorrow. I hope I get one, but still.. I am fully prepared to leave empty handed.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
People going to gamestop to preorder be careful! Tomorrow is going to be crazy. My gamestop, which is a super high volume one, one of the top sellers in the company is getting 8. That's right 8. 6 X 2S. That's it. The manager has no idea why the allocation is so small but that's it.
Fuck....I was worried about this. I wonder if they are just allocating more units to on-line versus in-store. I plan to go to a store tomorrow morning, but I may stop by tonight to ask the manager what his/her thoughts on when to arrive.

diablo900t

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Boy...this thread is making me nervous. I thought that the consensus was MS had produced more consoles than Sony and pre-ordering wouldn't be as difficult.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck....I was worried about this. I wonder if they are just allocating more units to on-line versus in-store. I plan to go to a store tomorrow morning, but I may stop by tonight to ask the manager what his/her thoughts on when to arrive.
I was told to get there as early as I could stand. So I plan on going at like 6am with a chair and a blanket.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I was told to get there as early as I could stand. So I plan on going at like 6am with a chair and a blanket.
I might do the same. I will get there early and if no one is there I will put my chair up by the door and sit in my truck and when someone else shows up I will get in my chair. Fuck I was hoping to just arrive an hour early, but will most likely now arrive 2-3 hours before.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Ugh, wanted to do Gamestop for the One X trade in but I can't camp tomorrow. Can you transfer online preorders to store? Or place a preorder online and trade stuff in store towards it?