• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Jumping back into the Xbox ecosystem. Happy about it. Happy about having all systems this time around.

I bought 2 years of Xbox live gold from cdkeys and converted them into gamepass months so I saved about 360 bucks so far. I'm good until 2022

Did you just buy 2 1-year membership packs from CDKeys? Or is there a smarter way to go about this? I read online that as of last year some people were buying 3-month subscriptions, turning off auto-renewal, and getting a free 1 month subscription offer each time. Not sure if that's still the case, though.

edit: Through CDKeys, it looks like going this route still would be more expensive than just buying a 1-year subscription.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Of course you could always get GP on a deal etc on its own.

This is my dilemma. About the only way I can mentally justify a console this holiday is through all access, but I don't really like committing to GP for the full 2 years.

I'm the kind of person who cancels my subscriptions (Netflix, Animelab, etc) even for a month at a time when I know I won't be using them - vacations, busy work periods etc. On top of that I feel like we saw a lot of cheap GamePass deals come through, and I don't really expect that to stop.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure whether to get an early night tomorrow and trust that at least some retailers will wait until the advertised 8am, or whether to stay up in case some list early or in the middle of the night like with PS5.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a dumb question but are pre-orders of the console limited? Like if I pre-ordered it in, say, October but there's no stock on November 10th, would I be in line to get one when they have stock?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Amazon is giving $211 for the one x trade in. I'm really tempted to do it. But I've never done it before.
Any thoughts on amazon trade in?

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
I know this has been posted here and there, but I can't find it when I actively search for it: is there any step by step instruction regarding what I should do if I want to go the route of converting XBL to GP Ultimate? Are most people using CDKeys to get xbl gold codes? If someone could point me towards an FAQ or something, it'd be appreciated!

Oh, nice!

Yeah, I think that's fair. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards a Series X now. With games being $70 now, it's hard for me to imagine giving up GP to go back to having a PS5 as my main console.
This should help

www.pcworld.com

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tip: Get 2 years of access for dirt cheap

Currently, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $17 per month. But with this trick, you can get it at over 50 percent off for up to two years.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you just buy 2 1-year membership packs from CDKeys? Or is there a smarter way to go about this? I read online that as of last year some people were buying 3-month subscriptions, turning off auto-renewal, and getting a free 1 month subscription offer each time. Not sure if that's still the case, though.

edit: Through CDKeys, it looks like going this route still would be more expensive than just buying a 1-year subscription.

I bought (2)12 month Xbox live codes from cdkeys, activated both codes, once my gold was fully loaded I went and signed up for gamepass where they converted everything over

Only works for new gamepass users unfortunately

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Beyond hyped for this onslaught. I've set aside 4 solid hours in my schedule on Tuesday just to try to get one. Let's gooo!

Do we know if All Access is only being sold directly by MSFT's store, or will all major retailers have it as an option?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm not sure whether to get an early night tomorrow and trust that at least some retailers will wait until the advertised 8am, or whether to stay up in case some list early or in the middle of the night like with PS5.
I highly doubt they'll go up early. I think that was mainly because of the event hype and ensuing confusion.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
This should help

www.pcworld.com

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tip: Get 2 years of access for dirt cheap

Currently, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $17 per month. But with this trick, you can get it at over 50 percent off for up to two years.

I bought (2)12 month Xbox live codes from cdkeys, activated both codes, once my gold was fully loaded I went and signed up for gamepass where they converted everything over

Only works for new gamepass users unfortunately

Thank you both! I guess I'm committed now, haha:

ZpYbFU7.png

Last edited:

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
There is a rumour on gaf and twitter saying they will drop $50 on each model tomorrow.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Beyond hyped for this onslaught. I've set aside 4 solid hours in my schedule on Tuesday just to try to get one. Let's gooo!

Do we know if All Access is only being sold directly by MSFT's store, or will all major retailers have it as an option?

All Access will be available at Microsoft Store, Best Buy, GameStop, and Walmart.

news.xbox.com

Pre-Order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Starting Tuesday, September 22 - Xbox Wire

[Editor’s Note, 9/21 at 4PM: Beginning at 8AM on September 22, you’ll be able to pre-order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S online at the retailers listed below. Please check their sites for exact timing.] On November 10, a new generation of console gaming begins. Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S...

nexus

Oct 25, 2017

www.xbox.com

Xbox All Access: Xbox Console & Over 100 Games | Xbox

Xbox Series X|S, plus 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, from $24.99 a month for 24 months.

Really just missing amazon. I'm wondering how they will go about it with the credit check since it'll take a little longer to get through the process to order. Hopefully the console is reserved for a short amount of time while getting through that.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, yeah I think you're right. I guess I just weirdly feel some guilt spending that much on a console, although doing so wouldn't affect my ability to pay my other bills or otherwise be responsible. I think I'll go with the XSX now.

I've gone from being set on a PS5 for years now to, in the past 3 weeks, deciding to go with an XSS and now an XSX. Strange times, indeed.

You should be OK then. And like, if you aren't, or still feel bad about it, you can trim down other expenses for a bit to make up for it. Maybe if you have a coffee on your way to work each morning, you skip those for a while, or something.

Haha. It's not surprising though tbh. MS have a really compelling offer. I'm really tempted to get an XSS myself but I feel like I'd be even more overwhelmed with Game Pass than I am already with other games I want to play.

Hope this helps

Pre-order is also available via the Xbox All Access program. Xbox All Access is your all-inclusive pass to Xbox where you can get the next-gen Xbox console of your choice plus 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, with over 100 high-quality games and soon an EA Play membership, from $24.99 a month for 24 months with no upfront cost. As with our standalone console purchasing, you'll be able to pre-order Xbox All Access starting on September 22, aligned with regional start times at the following retailers:

– United States (8AM PT): Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Store, and Walmart

– Australia (8AM AEST): Telstra

– New Zealand (8AM NZST): Spark

– UK (8AM BST): GAME and Smyths Toys

– Denmark (9AM CEST): Elgiganten

– Finland (9AM CEST): Gigantti

– Norway (9AM CEST): Elkjøp

– Sweden (9AM CEST): Elgiganten

news.xbox.com

Pre-Order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Starting Tuesday, September 22 - Xbox Wire

[Editor’s Note, 9/21 at 4PM: Beginning at 8AM on September 22, you’ll be able to pre-order Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S online at the retailers listed below. Please check their sites for exact timing.] On November 10, a new generation of console gaming begins. Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S...

Last edited:

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
You should be OK then. And like, if you aren't, or still feel bad about it, you can trim down other expenses for a bit to make up for it. Maybe if you have a coffee on your way to work each morning, you skip those for a while, or something.

Haha. It's not surprising though tbh. MS have a really compelling offer. I'm really tempted to get an XSS myself but I feel like I'd be even more overwhelmed with Game Pass than I am already with other games I want to play.

I'm not even sure why I'm bugging about it... I have $400 in gift cards saved up over the past couple of years for Best Buy (planned on putting them towards a PS5), plus a Visa credit card I got as a gift for my most recent birthday. With the XSS just being priced how it is, I felt weird about going for the more expensive version even though it has its benefits. I think it's the better play, though.

Really eager to try out GamePass. And that's before I remembered that EA Play titles are joining it this holiday.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is giving $211 for the one x trade in. I'm really tempted to do it. But I've never done it before.

I have never done a trade in with Amazon nor do I know much about it, but Gamestop is doing $200, in case you don't want to deal with shipping.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I've done some games through amazon and it's pretty easy, you just need the shipping box, the label is free. You can select to just have them ship it back for free if they found something wrong with it for some reason.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

I have traded games, accessories and consoles to Amazon. If your item is CIB and in good condition the trade is no hassle at all. However over the years they have become very picky. So trades might be rejected (shipped back to you) or assigned a lower value.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Amazon trades have been very smooth in my experience

A nice alternative if you don't feel like going out to any stores

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox All Access and paying in installments is only available through pre-order right? And that's gonna be a tight window I assume.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Went ahead and redeemed my $200 in microsoft reward points for the microsoft store. Going to be so bummed if i cant grab one on there. Guess ill just use the money for games if I miss out on the X

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

Just an FYI, the checkout for the best buy card is a completely separate button entirely. I have one so I might try and snag an X if they're going to give me 18 months as opposed to 12.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went ahead and redeemed my $200 in microsoft reward points for the microsoft store. Going to be so bummed if i cant grab one on there. Guess ill just use the money for games if I miss out on the X
Good Luck

I've tallied up almost $650in the microsoft store between reward points and raise discounts. I decided with that type of funds sitting there, that I'm only going for a MS Store preorder and if I don't get one on Tuesday, then I'll just hold off until they become more accessible.