• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niaboc

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Platform Warring
I seriously don't get the tone of this thread. What's the problem? They used the situation to promote their product after the competition unexpectedly got them trending? Is that really a problem? Answer: No, it's not.

sony copied xbox's homework and sony fans don't like being called out on it

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
plot twist:

people care so little about that fucking button that its not even a subject in console wars

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
PS5-vs-PS4-DualSense-DualShock-4-Controller-Comparison-Differences.jpg

Uh, wow. I didn't realize it was that different.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Feel like I'm missing something here.

I also don't get why people are comparing the PS5 controller to Xbox....they don't look at all similar. The dual sense is just a beefed up/thicker dualshock 4. Maybe if the sticks were asymmetrical I could see it but nah.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Their controller was trending and they used a gif they already had on hand. That seems logical. It's a nice zoom in on the controller. Not sure what else they would have used. It wasn't some pre-planned media blitz. It was literally "Oh, our controller is trending? Put that gif up". What do you think a better gif would have been? No snark, I'm just trying to understand how you're seeing it.
This gif, to me, seems like it's specifically focusing on the share button. I don't check their marketing so I don't know what they have, but I would think one that maybe showcases the controller itself, showing the shape and such. Just seemed like they were trying to say something with this specific gif, but I guess I'm looking too far into it

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, I have no idea why the mods kept this open. It's a console wars magnet, and it seems to be made in poor spirit.

marketing team reposted a weeks old controller gif to capitalize on 'Xbox controller' being a trending topic.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
This gif, to me, seems like it's specifically focusing on the share button. I don't check their marketing so I don't know what they have, but I would think one that maybe showcases the controller itself, showing the shape and such. Just seemed like they were trying to say something with this specific gif, but I guess I'm looking too far into it

Yeah, you probably are. They didn't have a share button before (afaik) so maybe that was a focus at the time. I don't think it was any deeper than throwing up a gif zooming into the controller.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What the hell is a create button anyway? All I want is making screenshots with one simple button press. Let's hope the PS5 controller can still do that.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is likely nothing. The internet is big enough for two companies to tweet/announce things at the same time. It's the pearl clutching and accusations that make this thread funny
But this was already announced. Also it zooms in on the buttons, just like it gets tweeted out shortly after Sony announcing which can't be a coincidence. If its just coincidence, it's a really weird tweet.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
But this was already announced. Also it zooms in on the buttons, just like it gets tweeted out shortly after Sony announcing which can't be a coincidence. If its just coincidence, it's a really weird tweet.

It's the same gif xbox tweeted out weeks ago.

It's not a coincidence - Sony's reveal lead to BOTH controllers being discussed heavily on Twitter. So xbox took advantage of that trend and sent out their gif again.

Jun 2, 2019
Triscuit know not why we speak like this, but Triscuit doesn't find them to be deal breakers, though we've yet to learn much about the XSX controller's features outside of its appearance.

Yet we know literally everything about the console itself, wich in my opinion speaks a lot about Microsoft priorities and honestly, it's kind of dissapointing.

We all know consoles are going to be more powerful every generation. Even Nintendo's lowest denominator, the Switch lite, is more powerful than last gen while having a portable form factor.

Input and feedback is where we need advancements, and in a whole total of 3 gens Microsoft has added exactly 2 innovations, and now refuses to adopt two of them that are becoming a standard now. Just because.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain the title change to me? I've been through the thread and I don't get why it apparently happened.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain the title change to me? I've been through the thread and I don't get why it apparently happened.
Before I just had, xbox posted this gif on twitter.

But the title was added to give people more context as to why xbox posted a random xbox controller gif on twitter

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
This console launch is gonna be insufferable lol
Can't wait till one of the companies start making jabs at the other through instagram or something, the fanboys will be frothing at the mouth in the comment sections...and here too.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Before I just had, xbox posted this gif on twitter.

But the title was added to give people more context as to why xbox posted a random xbox controller gif on twitter

OK thanks.

At this point I don't think that the thread has any value for me so I'm gonna just bail.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when everyone hated the share button?
I suppose people liked the idea but didn't always function as you would want it to,

like the game explain people said, you press the button and it takes a while before you can finally get your screenshot.

hopefully this time it functions flawlessly

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain how your context is valid since this gif is over a month old?
I don't understand that, why does the time in which the gif was made matter ?

they posted that gif today in that fresh tweet but included that gif, it's all about context.

could you explain to me why xbox would tweet that gif of the controller with no words at all but just the gif

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Im looking forwards to finding out what exactly the new create button does and as for the Xbox share button it's a step the right way but they need YouTube upload option and a decent video clip editor.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Im looking forwards to finding out what exactly the new create button does and as for the Xbox share button it's a step the right way but they need YouTube upload option and a decent video clip editor.
Yeah this is something I hope they improve. Especially since I assume XSX will capture at higher fidelities than XB1.