• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User warned: Console warring
Xbox:
giphy.gif

Kinda weird tweet considering DS4 had a share button lol

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Hostility toward another member

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Is this the default Xbox One controller now? Or is this the Xbox Series X controller? I know the Elite has a share button right, but I don't recall the One having it (because why would it have).

True_fan

Banned
Mar 19, 2020
I have seen people mentioning tweets and likes, it can't be a good thing if the xbox controller is trending from a ps5 reveal, can it? That must mean a whole lot of comments are saying the ps5 controller is trying to emulate the xbox controller.

All that said i bet the gamepass marketing team would have better capaitalized.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have seen people mentioning tweets and likes, it can't be a good thing if the xbox controller is trending from a ps5 reveal, can it? That must mean a whole lot of comments are saying the ps5 controller is trying to emulate the xbox controller.

All that said i bet the gamepass marketing team would have better capaitalized.
saying the ps5 controller is trying to emulate the xbox controller.

From what I've seen that's what the discussion has been so far

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Hilarious seeing people here take this tweet so seriously. Xbox controller is trending because a lot of people are saying the PS5 controller looks like an Xbox controller.

So Xbox thought it would be funny to tweet a gif if their controller. It's not about the share button. It's just a silly reaction tweet to the Xbox controller trending. That's it. It's not that deep people.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
twitter community reaction
users in this thread being confused or going "ok?"
thread title change.

lmao this ride just keeps getting better and better.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The ps5 controller looks cool but im super curious about the xbox d pad. it looks like it could be great.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbf there isnt much they can do to improve on perfection, though i have to say i like the look of the dual shock sense! just not the color scheme.

PeterLegend

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So i'm guess most of you folks will take a nicer controller over 2 extra GPU teraflops?

Not to be taken seriously

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Not going to fault Xbox here, they are just trying to remind people of their product... They are not taking shots at Playstation. Cut them some slack guys....

It does go to show though, Playstation has incredible reach. It's absurd how much of the gaming landscape conversation they dominate. At this point i'm convinced that their PS5 blowout could be a Twitter thread, and it would gain more traction than the traditional conferences of the other publishers XD

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Microsoft isn't allowed to run commercials for upcoming first-person shooter Destiny because Sony has an exclusive deal on the marketing rights, but that's not stopping the software maker from getting its message across. Microsoft has created a fake Destiny fragrance, and the company is surprisingly upfront about it. "Thanks for smelling that something was up," jokes the site that includes a mocked up bottle of the Destiny fragrance to bypass Sony's marketing exclusive. The real Destiny will make its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next Tuesday.

destinyperfume.0.0.jpg

www.theverge.com

Microsoft mocks Sony with 'Destiny' fragrance

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Microsoft isn't allowed to run commercials for upcoming first-person shooter Destiny because Sony has an exclusive deal on the marketing rights, but that's not stopping the software maker from getting its message across. Microsoft has created a fake Destiny fragrance, and the company is surprisingly upfront about it. "Thanks for smelling that something was up," jokes the site that includes a mocked up bottle of the Destiny fragrance to bypass Sony's marketing exclusive. The real Destiny will make its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next Tuesday.

destinyperfume.0.0.jpg

www.theverge.com

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.
That was hilarious tbh

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I Just find this stuff really funny, the best thing is to read the comments, we all need our daily cringe.

We need the Tiger King people to make a Documentary on the console warrior battle, might be entertaining.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
It's a fine controller.
It just didn't add much to its visual in comparison.
It feels boring right now.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
God, that PS5 controller is mesmerizing.
Can't stop looking at it, I forgot what this thread is about as soon as I saw the pic again.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't understand what Xbox was trying to say.

Unless it really was just as simple as showing off the button, nothing more.

They're not doing this to 'say' anything (well, technically they are but that just complicates things lol) but to help maintain and potentially grow their brand awareness/image. It just looks so out of place here because Sony is the dominant party and, therefore, has less reason to be aggressive when it comes to meeting the same goal.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It feels boring right now.

Most likely Xbox will update Design Labs when the Series X launches

You can create your own color scheme for the controllers, triggers, bumpers, buttons, etc with patterns. Its pretty cool: https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-us/?rtc=1

Keep it going. This is good entertainment in between reps.

It really is. A simple marketing retweet made out to be a console warriors move lol.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019

destinyperfume.0.0.jpg

www.theverge.com

Isn't this literally how EVERY platform marketing deal works? I have yet to see any PS4/Cyberpunk branding.