• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
This will only make them look bad since DualSense reveal will (most likely) become the most liked videogame related tweet ever

It feels like a bad move marketing wise imo since it is obvious the new stuff will get the attention and unless they show something new it will only be embarassing
It's just a tweet lol. We doing this thing again on Era where we blow shit out of proportion and make it bigger than it actually is.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 controller looks fresh whether you like the looks or not, the Xbox controller looks like...well another Xbox controller.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
At the end of the day, only one company is investing in Elite controllers.

Default controllers are trash tier.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Console wars

Console Wars ... am I right or am I right.

For Reference, earlier in the day PlayStation showed off the PS5 DualSense controller as (Xbox Controller) then became the most popular trending word on twitter as people. compared the DualSense to the Xbox controller.

xboxhelpfyj35.gif

Oct 28, 2019
Sony seems to be following Nintendo by designing a controller similar to an Xbox 360 pad. Maybe this was for comparison?

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
I don't get the console war narrative here. What's wrong with showcasing the new button of your new controller when your competitor releases theirs?

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
The PS5 controller looks more like a Nintendo pro controller. I hope Nintendo also posts a gif.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Is the point that the Xbox controller buttons are actual raised buttons, unlike whatever is happening with that joke ps5 controller?

Nov 3, 2017
I feel like Microsoft really dropped the ball with the XSX controller. It's too conservative in terms of design and functionality. I'm disappointed that it doesn't have any new features like motion controls

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Xbox by far has the better controller. They're going to need more than that though to get my money. Put a gyro in it and I'll buy one for my Switch though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I feel like Microsoft really dropped the ball with the XSX controller. It's too conservative in terms of design and functionality. I'm disappointed that it doesn't have any new features like motion controls

Eh, I don't think it's needed. The XB1 controller is largely very good though I don't like the triggers.

That being said, I would have liked seeing them try something a little new like Sony is doing.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
... lol they look nothing alike.

Twitter is weird.

THe Playstation 5 controller now has Xbox/Dreamcast style hand grips which is what makes it look like an Xbox controller.

Dual shocks have in the past had shorter more rounded hand grips.

There is no denying that, it looks like an aftermarket PS controller replicating Xbox style ergonomic handgrips.