• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xbox models you own

• Launch Xbox One (with Kinect or without)

Votes: 163 18.9%
  • Xbox One S

Votes: 64 7.4%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 121 14.0%
  • Two of the above

Votes: 311 36.0%
  • All three models

Votes: 205 23.7%

• Total voters

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Launch Model
S
Scorpio Edition X

The S was largely unnecessary tbh but my OG edition was dying, and there was a mad deal at GAME on BF, plus I got a decent price for reselling that OG box. Then sold that S model to my friend to fund most of the X.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I'm guessing this thread is stealthily trying to prove that the Xbox ownership numbers are far less than the reported 45 million, due to many consumers buying multiple systems?

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Original and then X.

The X made me switch back to Xbox as my primary platform after being primarily a PS4 player for a couple years. I barely play on the PS4 anymore, but I would like to get back to it sometime as there's several games on my backlog there. My Xbox backlog is bigger though because of BC, Game Pass, and all of the games I have yet to complete that I bought within the last two years (this month alone adds AC7, Tales of Vesperia, Onimusha, RE2, and KH3). I'm probably about 15 hours from beating Odyssey (Done a lot of side stuff so I'm about 90 hours in) and then I'm moving onto AC7, Onimusha or RE2 because Tales and KH3 are going to require more time and I want to get the shorter games out of the way.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the original model in 2015 and it still works fine. If it ever breaks I'll either pick up an S or wait for the presumably BC Scarlett

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only the X. When this gen started I had to resign myself to own a PS4 because of how terribly MS handled the Xbox One. Luckily for me, they turned it around with the X and Gamepass, so I ended up selling my PS4 for an X and it was the best decision ever.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I own an X1S, X1X and three of the original models (I have lots of rooms I want to play games in / stream stuff, plus I prefer separate screen couch multiplayer rather than split screen).

Except for the X1X, got them all for around ~€100, so it was mostly impulse buys with thinking along the lines "that's right, I *DO* want an xbox in that room":

TechMaster

Oct 28, 2017
Bought the OG at launch
Bought the S to replace OG which I passed down to my eldest
Bought the X, sold the OG, passed down the S to my eldest

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this thread is stealthily trying to prove that the Xbox ownership numbers are far less than the reported 45 million, due to many consumers buying multiple systems?

It ain't that deep chief.

But on the flip side of the coin, I have a Base PS4 and a Pro, so you could say PS4 numbers are subject to the same scrutiny.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Have them all. The original One is at my Mom's house now for when I visit on long holidays and the One S is in my bedroom for when I don't want to get out of bed but want to game. One X is below my big 4K HDR TV and surround sound in my living room.

OP
OP
EkStatiC

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I am trying to prove nothing with this thread, i made it out of curiosity when i saw some comments in some xbox thread.
But to be completely honest i wasn't prepared to see so many people with 2 models or above, and to my understanding (although this poll has no merit and value) it is that MS was right and today how many units a console sell is not as important as few years ago.

Deleted member 19024

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Traded a launch model for an S, then sold off the S for an X. I wish I'd have kept the S and just saved a little longer for the X, since I've been considering rebuying an S for another room in the house.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
For saying I can't stand the ui on Xbox and don't really care for the first party stuff we have had loads of them over the years and currently have two X1X and two X1S in the house.
The rewards system is pretty much the main draw.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
All three. I had a bunch of the OG models because the fans were shit and would always start clicking after a while. The S model was great, and the X is absolute perfection.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm crazy and had all three of them. Had multiple units of the original (different colors), then I had a One S, and finally upgraded that to the One X last Spring.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
This gen 4 Xbones and 4 PS4's.

X1X, Xbone og, and 2 X1S.

Ps4 og, Destiny White ps4 og, and 2 PS Pro.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I've owned all 3, selling the previous model to fund the next. I will do the same with my X to buy the new Xbox on launch.

yLEFTy

Jan 22, 2019
All 3...got a launch edition, paid $20 to upgrade to an s (thanks target) then traded the s +$60 for a switch (thanks GameStop) and bought an x straight out.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
I had a Free OG One thru work and bought an S and gave that to my brothers family for Xmas.
I now have an X and traded the S in.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the White OG Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle back at the tail end of 2014 and that served me well until I sold it 2 months before the Xbox One X launched. Then I picked up a Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X.

Dec 31, 2017
I went from OG to S 2TB to X Scorpio Edition (although UPS lost it in the mail, so I ended up with a normal one and 50$ credit from Ms), all of them bought they one or pre-ordered. I've since sold the OG and the S but will keep the X to put on the second 4K TV as a media/Blu-ray player when I upgrade.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I have had three in total. Day one edition, gave it to a friend, Elite edition with the hybrid drive missing from the poll, and a scorpio X.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 models, 4 consoles.

1 Launch
2 S
1 X.

Really are the best machines this gen for multi-location play. Account share and cloud share is all seamless, I can go between 3 locations (2 homes) and pick up my RDR2 save without doing a thing.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I own an Xbox One X now, but I've owned all three models. In retrospect, I'm still sort of bummed that the Xbox One X only came in a 1GB model, as I had the 2GB S immediately prior, but I still love my Xbox One X. Awesome console.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
2 Original Xbox Ones
1 Xbox One ELITE (you do not have listed)
3 Xbox One S (variety of models)
2 Xbox One X

I believe I am what MS calls a Whale...

TAYREL713

Oct 30, 2017
I had the OG, upgraded to the X and shipped the OG off to my nephew. My kid as an S but I didn't pay for it so I don't count it.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Just the One S.

I did have the launch one pre ordered, both that and PS4. Lost my job and couldnt get em.

I finally got the One S a couple of years ago. Have no real desire to get the One X because of price. But...whenever it did hit that $399 mark thru deals, trade ins, etc....I was tempted....lol.

Crackdown might change my mind tho. But I'll wait on a deal when its cheaper. Maybe MS will delay Crackdown until their next gen console comes out, help me out...lol

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
Launch Model
S
Scorpio Edition X

The S was largely unnecessary tbh but my OG edition was dying, and there was a mad deal at GAME on BF, plus I got a decent price for reselling that OG box. Then sold that S model to my friend to fund most of the X.

Similar to what I did.
Got the S on a crazy deal for £180 with Halo 5 (already owned so sold it), Halo Wars 2, FH3 and FIFA18. By the time I'd sold the OG It was like a £90 upgrade.

Did a similar thing with the X.
Can't remember the exact price but it was a steal at Smyths around Red Dead's launch, it came with Red Dead, Forza Horizon 4 and Forza 7. I already had Red Dead digitally so that was a quick £40 and sold the S with the other games so again, £150-200ish to upgrade. Glad I made the jump to the X.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Similar to what I did.
Got the S on a crazy deal for £180 with Halo 5 (already owned so sold it), Halo Wars 2, FH3 and FIFA18. By the time I'd sold the OG It was like a £90 upgrade.

Did a similar thing with the X.
Can't remember the exact price but it was a steal at Smyths around Red Dead's launch, it came with Red Dead, Forza Horizon 4 and Forza 7. I already had Red Dead digitally so that was a quick £40 and sold the S with the other games so again, £150-200ish to upgrade. Glad I made the jump to the X.

One of the reasons I can get behind incremental upgrades, or at least mid-gen refreshes. Because you're selling your console maybe 2-3 years in, it's worth more and makes the blow of purchasing the newer console more palateable. Even if you might end up spending more over the course of the generation.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

lol, seriously?

I thought the OP explained what this thread was for.....And last number I read was 41 million. I think its already less than 45 million. There is a thread on here about it.