• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I remember people on here insisting this was fine for naming.

Era is really bad at considering external perception sometimes.

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
boulanger.fr...
0w3OHKC.png

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Why did they choose such a stupid name for the new console? It's the Wii U all over again.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
"Well, I secured my pre-order today! It was surprisingly easy too. Microsoft really made the whole process super easy!"

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised. There is too many casual people out there that haven't understood the difference. I still think it was terrible to name them this way.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
seriously needs to email each and everyone of those and ask if that's the one they intended to purchase in the context of series S/X

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How?? This is the entry on Amazon.ca

Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Console with Wireless Controller: Xbox One X Enhanced, HDR, Native 4K, Ultra HD (Discontinued)

You can't even buy it.....

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also some all access portals were offering One S still. Can't imagine that's helped much either.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Those people didn't get the memo that they can't possibly be confused 'cus all the names make perfect sense.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people on this forum said the naming scheme isn't going to be that confusing for the average consumer
What gets me is the sheer indignance of remarks like that. The insistence that some of us were making too big a deal about how terrible this naming scheme was.

One X trended after the Series X announcement. Now its sales are skyrocketing.

Uh, surprise? lmao

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have you seen the out of touch morons out there recently? Last year at Best Buy some 50 year old customer ahead of me was pissed because they didn't sell floppy disks anymore...
Unfortunately you can't fix stupid so I don't really feel bad for people in these situations.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Would've been hilarious if MS planned this whole name scheme all along in order to get bots to buy up all of their stock lol

Barius

Jan 2, 2019
New Jersey
It's more Amazon's search functions, it never even populated Xbox Series X/S in the auto-complete search area before like 12pm EST, and the Series X/S are currently cataloged under "Legacy Systems". So, this isn't really that shocking imo.

Edit:
Just checked, searching "Xbox" no mention or sight of the series X/S, searched "PlayStation" PS5 is the second result.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Ha that's pretty funny. Was looking at getting a cheap refurb Xbox One X from Amazon and it seems there will be ample stock of that in the not too distant future,

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
On the plus side you're getting 4K and a disk drive you buy the One X instead of the Series S. Plus plays mostly the same games, for now. But if you're after the Series X then, ouch. Should've done your homework.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
They shoulda just called the Xbox One X "Xbox 4" so they wouldn't be a number behind now.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, gotta say I double checked my Walmart order to make sure I didn't fuck up and order another One X by mistake. lol

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this was bound to happen. That being said, availability remains spotty (the pricing of the One X is all over the place on Amazon) and once that stock is cleared out it won't be an issue.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This surely can't be that many actual sales. The thing is discontinued and it jumped from #2,804 top seller.

Surely this is just a handful of third party sellers?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
it literally says "Discontinued" in the name of the product name.

there is confusion around the naming and then there's pure stupidity.