• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally getting mine tomorrow after just selling my One S a moment ago on craigslist (preceded by half an hour of feelings of anxiousness) but man I am excited now!

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
when i try to play gears of war 3 it wont let me play with my gamer profile, event though my gamer profile is signed in on the One X...
Also before when I tried to play Halo 5 it wouldn't let me play I am trying to reinstall the game which is taking literally forever.

There seems to be all sorts of little issues with this machine my original console didn't have...

Oct 27, 2017
I broke down and got my X today.

Downloading a bunch of stuff now, I booted up Halo 5 for awhile and it's gorgeous now. Insects is pretty damn cool.

The X is gonna take over as my main console from the PS4pro for the rest of the generation.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Yes so far it's happening with some games and with some others don't for example Titanfall 2 and Metal Slug 3 are fine but Halo 5 and Gears 4 only open for 5 seconds and then they close, I'm using my external hard drive that I was using on my fat xb1

I'm experiencing this as well. I was on the beta for my Xbox One S and I'm 'stock' Xbox One X using an external drive.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone experience the disc read error of 0X87E00064? For some reason my Forza Horizon 3 disc won't install from disc past 813.2 MB. Disc is clean and worked fine on my Xbox One S. I successfully installed Halon5 from disc though. Not sure what's up.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have excruciatingly slow UI when browsing the store? I noticed I had this issue with the OG Xbox one, but seems like the laggy dashboard still persists on the one...:/

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
I got EA access for a month to do the Titanfall 2 campaign (heard it was great) and try out Battlefront 2.

Is it just me or is BF2 really janky in some aspects? It looks awesome with HDR in game but some of those loading screens just can't seem to settle on a set brightness and the background assets have gross compression and colour artefacts in the darker areas. It's just not consistent lol I also had a few cases where it would just fail to load a level and sit there on the loading screen =/

Gears/Forza etc seem to be fine so who knows.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone else have excruciatingly slow UI when browsing the store? I noticed I had this issue with the OG Xbox one, but seems like the laggy dashboard still persists on the one...:/

It stalled out a few times for me when I had stuff downloading, it was almost capping out my connection so the store data was likely struggling lol

Cruddy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experience the disc read error of 0X87E00064? For some reason my Forza Horizon 3 disc won't install from disc past 813.2 MB. Disc is clean and worked fine on my Xbox One S. I successfully installed Halon5 from disc though. Not sure what's up.
I'd try a hard reset if you haven't already. That seemed to fix most of my issues.

senpai

Oct 28, 2017
I have a problem...

I have a fat xbox and game sharing with my friend...He is not reachable for the moment and i dont remember his account password...

So what will i do if i buy a new XboX ? Is there a way to tranfer that sharing to new one without knowing password ? Am i doomed ? Because Forza and Halo bought with his account

Zac Dynamite

Oct 27, 2017
I have a problem...

I have a fat xbox and game sharing with my friend...He is not reachable for the moment and i dont remember his account password...

So what will i do if i buy a new XboX ? Is there a way to tranfer that sharing to new one without knowing password ? Am i doomed ? Because Forza and Halo bought with his account

I can confirm that you have to re-enter both the email and the password to get the other person's profile on the new Xbox. At that point it is just going in and assigning the new Xbox as your friend's. Without that info I believe you are stuck. Sorry, man.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
when i try to play gears of war 3 it wont let me play with my gamer profile, event though my gamer profile is signed in on the One X...
Also before when I tried to play Halo 5 it wouldn't let me play I am trying to reinstall the game which is taking literally forever.

There seems to be all sorts of little issues with this machine my original console didn't have...

I had this same issue. I unplugged my Ethernet cord and switched to Wifi then I could sign in.

Sniffynose

Oct 30, 2017
Somewhat tempted to do the same, is there a discount for buying BF2 while in access, I tried having a look but it's not clear. I can attest to TF2 campaign being awesome though.

Ya it shows 10% off of the full game with EA access so about $8 in my case. I figured spending $5 for the BF2 trial and TF2 campaign alone was a no brainer and I save the extra if I decide to buy BF2

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ya it shows 10% off of the full game with EA access so about $8 in my case. I figured spending $5 for the BF2 trial and TF2 campaign alone was a no brainer and I save the extra if I decide to buy BF2

My thoughts exactly, cheers. Though the progression system is making it pretty easy to pass TBH.. If black friday sales bring some savings (even on some older stuff), shall be a lot easier to sack it off.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
Does anyone know how to enable the freesync mode with the X?
Trying with the Asus VP28UQG with no success so far. This monitor has 2 HDMI 2.0b ports and the specs sheet says it supports freesync over HDMI :\

TBX12

Oct 30, 2017
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Does anyone know how to enable the freesync mode with the X?
Trying with the Asus VP28UQG with no success so far. This monitor has 2 HDMI 2.0b ports and the specs sheet says it supports freesync over HDMI :\
X used FreeSync 2. Not compatible with FreeSync 1.
Render pipeline is way different and the monitor needs to support LFC.
The specsheet might be wrong here, i'm still confirming this with MS

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
X used FreeSync 2. Not compatible with FreeSync 1.
Render pipeline is way different and the monitor needs to support LFC.
The specsheet might be wrong here, i'm still confirming this with MS

that's rather confusing... on the official xbox.com page at the "Video Capabilities" section one can read:

HDMI
2.0b (out),
2160p @ 60Hz,
AMD FreeSync

So the official documentation says Freesync not Freesync 2. Searching the internet I actually found reference to the Freesync 2 support for the X.
Yep... confusing to say the least :(

TBX12

Oct 30, 2017
that's rather confusing... on the official xbox.com page at the "Video Capabilities" section one can read:

HDMI
2.0b (out),
2160p @ 60Hz,
AMD FreeSync

So the official documentation says Freesync not Freesync 2. Searching the internet I actually found reference to the Freesync 2 support for the X.
Yep... confusing to say the least :(
Yeah, tell me about it.. I'm writing an article on this but it's so confusing..
Tried asking some people at MS, no response yet. Asked DF to help me with it, no response yet.
It's hard to be an editor for a small indie gamesite when it comes to this kind of stuff, but i'm not giving up

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I recommend Forza 7. The Dubai track in 4k and full HDR looks truly next-gen in my opinion.
Agreed. FORZA looks crazy good. Wish I had an HDR set to really show it off.

Once Horizon 3 gets a patch, that will also look amazing.

Gears 4 is also a stunning game to show off HDR and 4K.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
Yeah, tell me about it.. I'm writing an article on this but it's so confusing..
Tried asking some people at MS, no response yet. Asked DF to help me with it, no response yet.
It's hard to be an editor for a small indie gamesite when it comes to this kind of stuff, but i'm not giving up

maybe we are a couple of dashboard updates from the actual support. The X seems to be rather PC-tech friendly with the 1440p support it would be strange do not support the more widely available freesync standard and jump ahead on an exclusive freesync 2 support.
Oh well, I think we'll see...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Agreed. FORZA looks crazy good. Wish I had an HDR set to really show it off.

Once Horizon 3 gets a patch, that will also look amazing.

Gears 4 is also a stunning game to show off HDR and 4K.

We've had access to Horizon 3 in 4K for ages on PC, looks better than Forza 7 easily (though the audio is worse) . Only thing that hurts it is the pop in. It will look on amazing when the 1X patch hits for sure, the sky boxes in it are out of this world.

TBX12

Oct 30, 2017
maybe we are a couple of dashboard updates from the actual support. The X seems to be rather PC-tech friendly with the 1440p support it would be strange do not support the more widely available freesync standard and jump ahead on an exclusive freesync 2 support.
Oh well, I think we'll see...
Could be, FreeSync 1 and 2 are just driverrelated on the sending device side. They should in theory add a toggle in settings for the FreeSync output.
However, that would mean that HDR would be disabled when selecting FreeSync 1.
Again, just speculation on my end. Nothing is confirmed yet by MS. I hope Kevin will answer my questions soon
(just like he did with the 1440p support, that was my "research", still feel very proud of making that feature known around the world hehe)

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
What's the difference between Windows Sonic and Atmos? I flipped mine to Sonic incase it improved my sound, it sounds a bit better but nothing crazy.

Is there a list of Windows Sonic/ Dolby Atmos games? And can they all be played with headphones?

Also is there another list for movies? I'm playing gears and loving it

Sonic is Microsoft's free implementation of spacial surround whereas Dolby Atmos is a paid solution created by Dolby. Both work in all games when using headphones, but there are a very small number of games which have been designed with Atmos in mind and have been fine tuned specifically for it.

I got an expensive pair of Audio Technica ADG1X's recently as a gift (awesome gift) and originally they felt a little flat to me. I was underwhelmed and feeling upset for my partner who gifted them to me. I think the issue is I'd adjusted to the 'fake' enhanced sound of cheaper headphones with overly strong bass etc. I switched on Dolby Atmos and watched some of the 'test' videos and was absolutely blown away, the purchase was completely redeemed. I've been using them in games over the past week and a half and they're just incredible with Atmos enabled. The clarity is amazing but Atmos enhances the Bass a little to hit that sweetspot for me, whilst also letting me pinpoint exact locations of footsteps in games like CoD with crazy precision.

So for me Atmos was a big improvement and I'll absolutely pay the small license fee when my trial is up. Try both out, see which you prefer / which work best with your pair of headphones! There's a 30 day trial for Atmos but Sonic is free forever.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yes so far it's happening with some games and with some others don't for example Titanfall 2 and Metal Slug 3 are fine but Halo 5 and Gears 4 only open for 5 seconds and then they close, I'm using my external hard drive that I was using on my fat xb1

Same with me! Except, Gears 4 works perfectly. Halo 5 is also a disc. I'm in the beta program on my OG Xbox One and not currently enrolled on my 1X. Maybe we should enroll?

I'm experiencing this as well. I was on the beta for my Xbox One S and I'm 'stock' Xbox One X using an external drive.

Let me know if that fixed it for you

I'm using an external as well. In fact, I downloaded Gears 4 from my ready to install list and copied Halo 5 file from my external onto my internal xbox One and it still didn't load.

Halo 5 still works and loads on my OG Xbox One though.

I'm hoping this is just an issue with the preview program.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Need help, guys. My controller keeps dying. I have the official plug and play set which isn't a year old yet. I plugged it up to USB for over 4 hours and got only 2 hours of use out of it. What's going on? The battery indicator on the home screen stays full.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely loving Titanfall 2 again. I somehow forgot that the campaign was so excellent. I'm at the bit with the
timeline jumps
and it's so much fun

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
On the Insects demo my HDR is disabled for some reason?! Anyone know why? HDR is enabled and works on all other games.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard being a dad sometimes... I bought that $199 logitech steering wheel G920 with free shifter for my son for Christmas from BestBuy last week. It arrived and I had to hide it, and I have to wait till Christmas to try it out with Forza 7 and Horizon.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm absolutely loving Titanfall 2 again. I somehow forgot that the campaign was so excellent. I'm at the bit with the
timeline jumps
and it's so much fun
I loaded it up again for the first time in forever to check out the enhancements and was totally blown away, but then sadly disappointed by how few people were playing and how long it took to matchmake :(

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV looks pretty solid though the "steady" option seems kind of pointless. I don't really notice the difference in frame pacing against "high" mode. Light mode unfortunately has the same issues as PS4pro.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else had trouble with the included HDMI cable? I've been getting constant black flickers on my Sony 4k TV whenever I would switch from Game to Dashboard or quit out of a game.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the system itself, but then I figured the problem might be the HDMI cable, so I tried using the cable that came with my Switch instead and that took care of the flickering. Just really disheartening to see Microsoft package their premier console with crappy HDMI cables =/

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I'm finally getting mine tomorrow after just selling my One S a moment ago on craigslist (preceded by half an hour of feelings of anxiousness) but man I am excited now!
How much did you sell it for? I got $160 for my one s by selling it on Facebook marketplace without a controller

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I watched the movie "Rush" and nearly bought Forza Motorsport 7, but I remember getting Project Cars (1) via GwG. I'll play that one. How does it run on the X?

How likely is it that FM7 is going to be discounted during Black Friday (digitally)?

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had trouble with the included HDMI cable? I've been getting constant black flickers on my Sony 4k TV whenever I would switch from Game to Dashboard or quit out of a game.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the system itself, but then I figured the problem might be the HDMI cable, so I tried using the cable that came with my Switch instead and that took care of the flickering. Just really disheartening to see Microsoft package their premier console with crappy HDMI cables =/

This seems to be hit or miss on some electronics from my experience, my Ps4 Hdmi was horrendous but my switch one was fine my Xbox one x one is good but my Xbox one original cable was horrible. Lucky nowadays Hdmi cables aren't an item you should be lacking to be honest.

TBX12

Oct 30, 2017

Is the game running HDR? Then your TV will switch from HDR to SDR mode, wich means a black screen for a second
My TV does this and a pop-up in the corner stating SDR or HDR mode

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

That's the TV switching from HDR to SDR when switching from the game to the dashboard, not the HDMI cable.

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
I loaded it up again for the first time in forever to check out the enhancements and was totally blown away, but then sadly disappointed by how few people were playing and how long it took to matchmake :(
I haven't gone near multiplayer for that very reason. I expected it to be a ghost town. It's a shame because multiplayer was very good but it came at the wrong time. It was sandwiched between COD and Battlefield and was never going to win that battle

It's all about single player though. That's easily one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in years. It on par with Portal 2, Half Life, OG Halo and so on