• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
It's in those threads where it gets exposed that the X1X is not the "true 4k" console touted by Spencer.

Also by Spencer:

"When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that."

Every game coming to the xbox one x that uses the very same fake 4k bashed by Phil is reason for immense discussion.

I personally enjoy calling out companies on their bullshit.

This is rather harsh.

The XB1X games look superb.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Can I ask you how? I'm new to Xbox One. :D
Its rather simple. Try to find/get Xbox Gift cards for the region you like to shop from, redeem them through you Console (With a region switch on your console) or use the W10 App and do all that there (W10 supports region switching too). PayPal and CC can work too but thats a bit more complicated.

There are various Sites out there where you can compare the price of a game in all the different regions :)

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Caved and got one from Microsoft store in bellevue. They have a lot of units in stock. Wife gonna pay half as part of my Christmas present. Not bad.

Oct 27, 2017
It's in those threads where it gets exposed that the X1X is not the "true 4k" console touted by Spencer.

Also by Spencer:

"When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that."

Every game coming to the xbox one x that uses the very same fake 4k bashed by Phil is reason for immense discussion.

I personally enjoy calling out companies on their bullshit.

I think MS went to reasonable lengths to state it was up to Devs how to use the power and by far it's been shown that even on third party titles it actually can hit 4k at times, certainly a degree more than its competition which claim 'dynamic 4k' when the reality is for many games they can't get to 4k at all.. You must be very happy calling them all out..

Personally I have no issues with MS or its competitions marketing, you have to promote the most optimistic viewpoint, and I think both produce beautiful games that are close enough to the spirit of their claims of 4k with one most certainly closer t 4k more of the time..

Last edited:

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Hooked up my TCL P605 today, unpacked my Scorpio, installing WW2 now.

Stupid question, but do I need to do anything special for the enhanced content? Is the disc/download automatically installing all of that stuff for games that are enhanced?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The more I use this system, the more I'm loving it. I'm finding myself wanting to trade my PS4 games to get the xbox version. Dead Rising looks crazy good now with HDR and that resolution bump. Recore is a lot of fun too, as I had never played it before.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017

Stupid question, but do I need to do anything special for the enhanced content? Is the disc/download automatically installing all of that stuff for games that are enhanced?

The right version should download automatically. Just make sure your TV's HDMI is set to enhanced (not sure about your specific TV, but I had to do that with mine)

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone in this thread have a samsung KS8000? Curious to hear impressions on how the X looks on it, won't be able to get my 1x till January

Love it. Can't wait to try a newer UHD disc. Have the Harry Potter collection arriving tomorrow. I know it is mastered from a 2K version and upscale to 4K from there, but I read it is very good!

Oct 28, 2017
Welp just network transferred all 90GBs of Gears 4, go to play the game and it won't let me play, wants me to insert the disc but it's a digital download. Then asks me to sign in as original user but I am. I then make the X my home console, still doesn't work. Any ideas?

I then go to game in MS store, says game is installed and I'm given the option to play, can't play

Oct 26, 2017

go to Settings>TV Inputs...make sure each input is set to 2.0

These are the picture settings you should be using. Typically the default is fine just be sure to bring sharpness down http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607/settings

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Welp just network transferred all 90GBs of Gears 4, go to play the game and it won't let me play, wants me to insert the disc but it's a digital download. Then asks me to sign in as original user but I am. I then make the X my home console, still doesn't work. Any ideas?

I then go to game in MS store, says game is installed and I'm given the option to play, can't play

Hard reset a few times. I had this issue last month between my S and OG with Destiny 2. It was a pain but worked eventually and no problems since.

Oct 28, 2017
Hard reset a few times. I had this issue last month between my S and OG with Destiny 2. It was a pain but worked eventually and no problems since.

I guess somehow when I bought Gears I was signed in under a different default username. The system won't let me launch the game unless I'm signed in under that name. I don't even have Xbox Live under this name. Ugh wtf

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No critics on the superb side. Even a poor Switch can look superb. My comments are directed at Mr. Spencer and what DF has to say about the True 4k. Only that.
Their games are native 4K. Sony's first party games are 1440p and checkerboard 4K.
What's your point?

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem playing digital games offline and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Received my Scorpio late last Tuesday but was able to set it all up. All my games and apps are on the new machine as well as my gamertag, I "homed" the Scorpio and "un-homed" my original Xbox One. Everything was fine and running smooth. Early Thursday morning FiOS went down for me and while my phone service came back up this morning the Internet is still not functioning. All my disc-based games play fine without issue but every single digital game will not boot. Scoprio asks me to Connect to Xbox Live in order to run the game. I've gone offline, I've unconnected the Ethernet cable (never even set-up for wireless in the first place), I've rebooted, hard rebooted, and everything in between. I was under the impression that since this was my "home" console I'd be able to play my digital games offline and while it is very rare for me to have Internet downtime I seem to be inflicted with a very bad situation regarding FiOS service at the moment. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Not sure if this was already answered but to solve this problem you have to go into the network settings and set your console to "offline". That'll do it.

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado USA
Thanks for all of the replies concerning the issue I was having with my external HDD. I unplugged it and moved it to a USB port on the back of the console and the problem went away.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Battlefront looks great, sans a bit of LOD pop-in that is noticeable just a bit too often. Does anybody know what resolution it's running at? Looks pretty damn clean.

Still a weird feeling seeing everything so unbelievable clearly. Tomb Raider is a great way to go back and forth between 4K and 1080p and seeing the difference. I do love that 60fps mode but it is noticeably softer than the Native 4K/enhanced modes.

Deleted member 17361

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love it. Can't wait to try a newer UHD disc. Have the Harry Potter collection arriving tomorrow. I know it is mastered from a 2K version and upscale to 4K from there, but I read it is very good!
Great to hear man, shoot I forgot about the 4k blu-ray in this thing too.. can't wait till I get mine. Till then I'm just watchin this thread jelly as hell :(

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Loving the X so far, and I own all current gen systems including the Pro. Super impressed with the hardware and blown away at Origins, Wolf 2, and Gears 4. Just picked up my second copy of Doom today for X. Can't wait for that patch to drop!!!

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this thread. Feels good to have some positivity around the Xbox platform. Positive gaming FTW.
Hell yeah.

Btw did 11 hour game session. Xbox X i enclosed space. Fan did kick on a bit but audio was loud AF. Was hot at times.

But it never stuttered or shut down. At times fan was off

Darklor01

Nov 2, 2017
Great to hear man, shoot I forgot about the 4k blu-ray in this thing too.. can't wait till I get mine. Till then I'm just watchin this thread jelly as hell :(

Soon for you hopefully! Hopefully they patch Assassin's Creed Origins back to day one visual quality by the time you get yours. I love the game but it is messy visually right now.

Omar

Oct 31, 2017
I folded and order one early in the morning. Amazon says is being peeped for shipment, I'm getting it tomorrow.

I want this for multiplayer games. I have a PC with a GTX1070, but I'm just getting old to keep up with the M+KB crew.

For what I've read everywhere, seems like MS knocked it out of the park hardware wise.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017

Oh no. That does not sound good. I have yet to test the video player, but the games look amazing. I switched from my PS4 Pro Madden 18 to the XBX Madden 18, the difference is very obvious. Hopefully, the video player can be fixed with a software update.

A disappointment that I did get from my new XBX is that it does not support USB audio. So, unlike my Pro, I have to use a chat cable for my wireless headset. This is a bit crazy, it's like going back in time about 5 years....to my 360. Fix this MS.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The second most expensive console I've ever bought, and what do I use it for? KotOR, a game from 2 generations ago. lol

Nick Trovato

Oct 31, 2017
Oh no. That does not sound good. I have yet to test the video player, but the games look amazing. I switched from my PS4 Pro Madden 18 to the XBX Madden 18, the difference is very obvious. Hopefully, the video player can be fixed with a software update.

A disappointment that I did get from my new XBX is that it does not support USB audio. So, unlike my Pro, I have to use a chat cable for my wireless headset. This is a bit crazy, it's like going back in time about 5 years....to my 360. Fix this MS.

Already fixed in the latest beta software update

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's it look on the x
Basically, like it's running on a PC, but still 4:3. The shadows and lighting all work, but I haven't tried the force powers with full screen effects. I expect they still work though. These things are broken on modern PC and I don't think even mods bring them all back. Framerate is still a little jerky on Tarris but it's definitely better than the OG xbox. What gets the bigger benefit is animation frame rate. The droids walk about smoothly, rather than oddly vibrating about like in the origial Xbox. It also goes without saying that texture filtering is trully a couple of generations ahead now. Literally.

Last edited: