• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
first console I ever had that had to be returned on day one

I booted it up went through the steps but the menus are sluggish to a point I can tell something is off. All menus were sluggish and movement between icons jumped all over the place
put Forza 7 disc in and BOOM!.........fans galore like ps4 jet engine mode only not as loud. So I'm getting worried because people are using the term Whisper Quiet.
45 or so minutes later Forza is almost 50% done installing and the system turns off but fans keep spinning while its off....
turn it back on and cant control the menus and I'm not signing into XBL
turned system back on and off again and same thing

called gamestop 1800 number and wait almost one hour NO ANSWER
hang up call 2 gamestops in my area. Neither have scorpio. One will return for store credit, one will do a full return.

I've never had to go through a faulty first day with a system before
sucks

I got my money back and I'm scouring the web for a scorpio...Bought from Amazon but I have to wait a week for it

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Finally getting mine hooked up to a 4k tv next week... Might pick up Forza as I'm hearing so many good things.

To elaborate more. The visuals are just insane. Like they look almost 3D. I know that is a very cliche thing to say. But the details and clarity just pops off the screen. And the HDR especially, the colors are so rich.

I am going to boot up Wolfenstein 2 soon, i'll update you on how that looks. But so far Origin + Forza are absolutely stunning. The X totally makes it worth owning a 4K TV.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Well I didn't download the 4k assets before I migrated over. I really wish the X had a way to force that for installed games as a background process, rather than waiting till the game is launched. I don't want to wait when I launch the game... I want that already done if the game was installed already.

Am I missing something?

Oct 26, 2017
first console I ever had that had to be returned on day one

I booted it up went through the steps but the menus are sluggish to a point I can tell something is off. All menus were sluggish and movement between icons jumped all over the place
put Forza 7 disc in and BOOM!.........fans galore like ps4 jet engine mode only not as loud. So I'm getting worried because people are using the term Whisper Quiet.
45 or so minutes later Forza is almost 50% done installing and the system turns off but fans keep spinning while its off....
turn it back on and cant control the menus and I'm not signing into XBL
turned system back on and off again and same thing

called gamestop 1800 number and wait almost one hour NO ANSWER
hang up call 2 gamestops in my area. Neither have scorpio. One will return for store credit, one will do a full return.

I've never had to go through a faulty first day with a system before
sucks

I got my money back and I'm scouring the web for a scorpio...Bought from Amazon but I have to wait a week for it

Do you have a microsoft store nearby?

If so, next time take them your console, even if bought at another retailer.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Well I didn't download the 4k assets before I migrated over. I really wish the X had a way to force that for installed games as a background process, rather than waiting till the game is launched. I don't want to wait when I launch the game... I want that already done if the game was installed already.

Am I missing something?

Yea, mine does it automatically. Adjust your settings.

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Sorry to be obtuse, but I'm not seeing anything. On the One S previously I saw a check box for download 4k assets but not seeing it now.
The X doesn't have that option because it always downloads the 4K assets

There is another setting in the Power section that turns on auto updates. If your games are on an external drive, there is also an option to make sure the power doesn't get turned off when in powersaving mode.

Trickstar

Oct 30, 2017
Still dont know if i should get this or not. I already have the pro with a huge backlog and dont have time to play anymore..

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
So I know this will be the dumbest question in this thread but what is the side wall thing that came in the box? The thing that shows it slides onto the side of the console?

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
So I know this will be the dumbest question in this thread but what is the side wall thing that came in the box? The thing that shows it slides onto the side of the console?
Its a stand that attaches to the console that was included with all scoprio's. It slides in and clips to allow the console to stand up.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Love how Halo 5 now looks.

de1a7993-7de0-4401-91hzj6x.png

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Asking for a friend: His Xbox One X doesn't power up anymore, he still has a disc inside. Anyone know how to get it out?

Oct 28, 2017
I had what looks like some unusual updates to a few games in my recently installed queue.

This would have happened in the last 14 hours or so.

They games were:
Assassins Creed: Rogue (Xbox 360)
Gears of War Judgement (Xbox 360)
Battlefield 1 (Xbox One) was in the process of installing a very large patch 6-7gb if I remember correctly.

Any idea what this is all about? Especially the 360 games?

Oct 27, 2017
Really impressed with the performance and build quality of this box, Just played COD campaign start to finish in a single sitting. The Console resides in a cabinet so I was expecting some fan noise like my Pro but it's not made a peep.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yup, HDMI Cables with the 4K/HDR generation have been an absolute nightmare.

I have a Marantz NR1607, which supports HDCP 2.2 and HDR, but my cables were not high enough bandwidth for it to maintain connection. Was getting constant flickering, HDMI snow issues, and random cable failures due to lack of bandwidth (even though they were all 'high speed' HDMI cables).

Even the ones that come with the original Xbox One and PS4 couldn't handle it.

I ended up getting these
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LX4MAOV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (3 ft)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HFFCDU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (12 ft)

and all my problems are solved.

I do have a couple of questions though.

I'm running a VIZIO P75-C1 for my TV, it supports 4K and HDR, and all that jazz.. but there are a number of settings on the XBONE X that are confusing me:

Of all the Hz availabilities, should I be turning off 24hz and all that, or just leave it on as default?
How bout the Color Space? Standard or RGB? I've read that the RGB depth has added colors, and the TV auto supports it, so I calibrated based on that.
Same with Bit depth? I've maxed it out at the 12-bit setting, and it still displays, even though I'm pretty sure the TV maxes out at 10bit.

Anything else I should be looking for setting wise to make sure I'm getting the full range? I ran the "insects" interactive demo, and HDR/4K were clearly visibly making a difference. Just want to be sure I've got the settings done right 100%.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
But then who will buy Forza 7????

I'll happily buy it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for $30ish dollars. Considering I rebought Fallout 4 just to play on the X......even tho 100% it on PS4Pro.

Fallout 4 looks as good on X now (without the patch!) as PS4Pro. Fallout 4 on xbone looked pretty terrible, played couple of hours last week before the X got here.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I'll happily buy it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for $30ish dollars. Considering I rebought Fallout 4 just to play on the X......even tho 100% it on PS4Pro.

Fallout 4 looks as good on X now (without the patch!) as PS4Pro. Fallout 4 on xbone looked pretty terrible, played couple of hours last week before the X got here.

Man you are making me regret trading it in after beating it. I would have loved to see what it looked like on the OneX.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox feels like Xbox again and I'm ecstatic

Can't wait to see next years E3 now that this thing is on the market

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, HDMI Cables with the 4K/HDR generation have been an absolute nightmare.

I have a Marantz NR1607, which supports HDCP 2.2 and HDR, but my cables were not high enough bandwidth for it to maintain connection. Was getting constant flickering, HDMI snow issues, and random cable failures due to lack of bandwidth (even though they were all 'high speed' HDMI cables).

Even the ones that come with the original Xbox One and PS4 couldn't handle it.

I ended up getting these
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LX4MAOV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (3 ft)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01HFFCDU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (12 ft)

and all my problems are solved.

I do have a couple of questions though.

I'm running a VIZIO P75-C1 for my TV, it supports 4K and HDR, and all that jazz.. but there are a number of settings on the XBONE X that are confusing me:

Of all the Hz availabilities, should I be turning off 24hz and all that, or just leave it on as default?
How bout the Color Space? Standard or RGB? I've read that the RGB depth has added colors, and the TV auto supports it, so I calibrated based on that.
Same with Bit depth? I've maxed it out at the 12-bit setting, and it still displays, even though I'm pretty sure the TV maxes out at 10bit.

Anything else I should be looking for setting wise to make sure I'm getting the full range? I ran the "insects" interactive demo, and HDR/4K were clearly visibly making a difference. Just want to be sure I've got the settings done right 100%.

People should be looking for Premium Certified HDMI cables for this, not High Speed, which was old marketing speak from lower bandwidth times. (Yes, I know the pack-in cable says High Speed)

It's been such an issue that they even developed a hologram sticker for cables that are certified. Of course non-certified cables might work too, but it's more of a gamble.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/premiumcable/faq.aspx

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I just pulled the trigger on that 4TB Best Buy external deal. I've never used an external drive before but I had to be quite shrewd with space management by deleting stuff all the time. It will feel nice to not have to worry about that as much now [if at all].

Oct 31, 2017
Help

Why do I hear some noise from my Xbox one X after i shut it off?

Easy to notice in a quiet room

It's not as quiet as S model and if I put my ear close to it I can hear it even more. Odd

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
So, I have a couple of problems:

First: Dishonored 2 won't launch at all. I just get a "Dishonored 2 has taken to long to start".

Second: When something requires updating I go to the Games and App's, it lists the game that is Queued in the bottom left, but it doesn't show properly as Queued (on the right) until 5 mins later then it takes another couple for it to actually start downloading.