• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Picture time! Who knows when it will be until another console launch!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know some people don't like the Project Scorpios editions looks but I think it looks awesome and it actually looks even better in person. Glad to have it sitting in my entertainment center!

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Ive had this issue on my S. It started with the new dashboard so im certain its a dashboard problem cause i never had this problem before and my tv supports all of it. I did a reset of my console and it still didnt fix it. Its the new dashboard im sure of it.

edit: Basically to fix it temporarily, you can choose HDMI instead of auto then go back to Auto and itll work....that is until you close your xbox and open it the next day where the issue will come back. This is why i despise this dash. Feels rushed as fuck.

edit2: wait, i might have a different issue then you. For me, it would show as that stuff isn't supported when i know it is. It only started happening with this latest dashboard for me. But my mode stays at 4K. It doesnt switch back to 1080.

Yeah this doesn't seem to be helping my issue, thanks though.

There's a chance that your TV doesn't support HDCP2.2 which would explain why the XB1X kicks down to 1080p.

That's really unfortunate... I have no idea how to check this. One of the main reasons I bought this thing was for 4k UHD playback...

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, last time I use Amazon UK for hardware. Delivery status has been 'Delivered today before 8pm' right up until half 7, where I get an email saying it should be here 'in a couple of days'.

Can't believe I took a day off work for this.

Imtehman

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pc gamers help me out who own an X. i'm torn on what to do. Should i get a 1080ti ($800ish) for my PC or should i get the X and upgrade my current GPU R9 380 to a 300 dollar gpu, something like 6gb 1060 or RX 580. HELP!!

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I waited all morning for UPS then as I was going to work they pull up and hand me the package...

Work is going really slow today.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Witcher runs solid now as expected. Novigrad no problem. Waiting for the new patch tho. But was curious.

That's so good to hear. The one thing bothering me is all the talk is about 4k when most don't own a 4k tv. I don't care about higher resolution. I care about rock solid performance.

I waited all morning for UPS then as I was going to work they pull up and hand me the package...

Work is going really slow today.

Yea, if I didn't work from home yesterday I'd be home tomorrow :(

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just did a small test for loading times.

Zoo Tycoon Ultimate animal collection:

internal -> Loading saved zoo -> 1m37s
external (3.5" - 5400rpm) -> Loading saved zoo -> 1m12s
external (2.5" - 5400rpm) -> Loading saved zoo -> 1m27s

Oct 27, 2017
My Project Scorpio Xbox One arrived, super excited and as silly as it sounds thankful to be privileged enough to afford something like this. Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs.

Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3 Load tests including all DLC

Internal: 50 seconds to load into game; 31 seconds to fast travel from Vellen to Skillege

External (5900 rpm) 31 seconds to load into game; 29 to fast travel from Vellen to Skillege

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017

Huh... I'm going to need to make space in the entertainment center for this thing...

Which box to remove?
Decisions decisions...

Edit: apparently linking pictures from Twitter doesn't work. Boo.

Last edited:

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Good Lord... the step up visually on my TV is night and day. NFS Payback looks like a new game and I just fired up COD WW2 and the difference in how crisp it looks is mind blowing. I think I might be a graphics whore now...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure it's a good sign or a bad sign that the Scorpio Edition is still up for order on Amazon (it has been for hours now). Considering Best Buy can't honor all their pre-orders I find it a bit surprising. I guess we'll see.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No but that part. The grip you can easy click loose. So looks like it was not attachted correctly or came abit loose.

Great when you have a limited Scorpio controller.... Does Microsoft still has a good customer service like 5 years ago where they send out new stuff before you send it in? Would like to get a new one then.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you guys are able I would recommend replacing the thermal paste in your console. As seen in this teardown the xbox one x is fresh from the factory and the thermal paste is already dry and crusty (at 10:44). It might be ok for a while but could be a danger to your CPU/GPU in the future.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
how do i check to make sure a game has installed an update? Looking at wolfenstein 2 in particular at the moment. I don't see a version number or patch notes anywhere.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Great when you have a limited Scorpio controller.... Does Microsoft still has a good customer service like 5 years ago where they send out new stuff before you send it in? Would like to get a new one then.
Not sure if they do that. But you can maybe click that part loose and attach it again. I did it a couple of times with my old controller. Maybe then it fits correctly.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017

No they stopped doing that. Also good luck with even getting the Scorpio controller back. I remember this shit with the day one controller. They send me a regular one back.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
So I went home at lunch and set up my 1X. Got it updated, but when I tried to launch Halo 5 off my external it just took me to the store page with a "Play" option where the "Buy" or "Install" option should be. Clicking play just reloaded the store page. Very weird. I hard reset the console before leaving cause I had to get back to work before I could try again, but is this something a hard reset would fix? Anyone else have this issue?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, kind of in shock with the delayed DF response, not sure why they spent time on Sonic comparison when theres more interesting games to compare, it's not received alot of views either. Probably working flat out, would be nice to get some notice of what their schedule is.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
People with HDR TVs what are you setting your Xbox display settings (8 bit, 10 bit or 12 bit )? I'm assuming this is for movies?

Tmecha

Oct 31, 2017
ryse runs butter smooth now. only did 1st lvl.

also i know its probably been asked a million times but i cant seem to be able to download 4k updates, where the 4k box to tick on old xbox is now gone when on xb1X.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017

If you guys are able I would recommend replacing the thermal paste in your console. As seen in this teardown the xbox one x is fresh from the factory and the thermal paste is already dry and crusty (at 10:44). It might be ok for a while but could be a danger to your CPU/GPU in the future.

That's always the case with the paste they use, It happens every time they do a tear down.

Also I don't think people will be in a hurry to take apart a $500 machine, At least not until the warranty runs out.

CrownSeven

Oct 27, 2017
So I bought an Xbox One X because I liked the idea of having a console with Dolby Atmos support. I also bought Tomb Raider to test it out and I was very disappointed to see that there's horrible audio lag with the system. Is this a known issue? I adjusted my Samsung HWK950 to have the least amount of audio delay as possible but it seems like there's still over 100 ms of delay. :(

How is the xbox connected to the soundbar?

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
One of the games with the biggest performance and visual boost is pretty surprising. Disneyland Adventures is way better on Xbox One X

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So amazon lady arrived at 10:45am. Just like I suspected, she could give two shits about the box, she dropped it on the ground, told me to come get it because it was heavy, are you fkn kidding me? I knew that's what it would be like. The most unprofessional shit I have ever seen. And she was talking on the phone to her friend about how crazy last night was and how her man needs to learn to appreciate her, it was straight out of a god damn movie. man. If I wasn't outside I swear she would have kept on driving and marked as a we tried to deliver. I swear.

Anyways Im DL all my shit, and it gonna take 8 hours the way its going. Insects was cool to show me what I really have in my TV, and what its capable of.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know some people don't like the Project Scorpios editions looks but I think it looks awesome and it actually looks even better in person. Glad to have it sitting in my entertainment center!

I agree. I was initially very sceptical and was wondering whether i should go for the standard edition and cancel my scorpio. But it looks much better in person and love the gradient from where I sit. No regrets here at all. Controller is also very sexy.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So amazon lady arrived at 10:45am. Just like I suspected, she could give two shits about the box, she dropped it on the ground, told me to come get it because it was heavy, are you fkn kidding me? I knew that's what it would be like. The most unprofessional shit I have ever seen. And she was talking on the phone to her friend about how crazy last night was and how her man needs to learn to appreciate her, it was straight out of a god damn movie. man. If I wasn't outside I swear she would have kept on driving and marked as a we tried to deliver. I swear.

Anyways Im DL all my shit, and it gonna take 8 hours the way its going. Insects was cool to show me what I really have in my TV, and what its capable of.

leave feedback to amazon about it or else itll never change.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Same I was on the fence about it but it looks great.
The plastic on the console itself feels wayyyy better than the OG aswell.
Im updating mine rn and im shocked at how silent it is, im sure it'll ramp up once Im actually playing but wow, i dont hear anything at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Few things so far:

• I wish the dash was in 4k.
  • It didn't set my output resolution to 4k automatically. It detects everything my TV supports correctly, though. Defaults were 1080p/8bit color - would enhanced games override this? I don't understand why it wouldn't just detect what the display is capable of and use the most suitable, or why that's not an option.
  • I've had a couple hiccups, one where the dash didn't load, another where the only controller input I could do was the Xbox button. Microsoft I guess?

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Yeesh the update rebooted my console twice before it started applying the update. Made me nervous.
Same, I thought it was broken

Few things so far:
It didn't set my output resolution to 4k automatically. It detects everything my TV supports correctly, though. Defaults were 1080p/8bit color - would enhanced games override this? I don't understand why it wouldn't just detect what the display is capable of and use the most suitable, or why that's not an option.

Mine detected my TV then popped up suggesting to change it to 4K output.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So this is weird. On my Xbox One X that had some issues, there was about 15 or so games that before I plugged into the "X" the games were on the drive according the my "S" when I had it plugged into that. When I got my replacement "X" I tested the "S" again and those games were on my external. When I plug the new "X" up those same games now show as ready to install. So 2 systems not seeing certain games prompting me to download them. Luckily they are not huge games and ones I can wait on playing, just seems like a weird glitch,

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
my x keeps disconnecting from the internet or signing me out. starting to feel like I got a dud