• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dda50ba2-ea63-4fa5-9ympkg.jpeg

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Would anyone here be interested in a lot of comparisons? My X will be here shortly and I have been taking screenshots from about 12 - 16 games to compare them to the X, I would be happy to post them here. I have a mixture of Current Gen and Backwards Compatible games.

Yes! Why even ask?

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Amazon.de fucked up my delivery, too.
I got the dispatch email, but it never showed any tracking information. The order on my Account, does not show anything, too.

And now the Deutsche Post was here already without any package for me.
Never ever before had this problem with Amazon.

Forrow Rebel

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Amazing first couple of hours:
I'm still wavering on ordering the C27HG70 samsung monitor (1440p/HDR/Freesync 2) for my gaming sim rig, whilst 4K would be nice, I can't see them being available until Q2 next year, and I imagine a bit pricey!

I actually discovered this Dell IPS monitor that also does 4k and HDR with a peak brightness of 1000 nits, but I don't know how good it is for gaming, and don't think it supports freesync either.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Short CNBC interview with Phil from yesterday. Nothing groundbreaking, but they do sort of grill him lol. Just a different perspective than the usual games media journalism.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So I bought a key for Quantum Break from a gaffer around release, I think it was some sort of promotion deal?

I'd assume because it was a Play Anywhere title I could download it on my X but it says 'buy'. In the Windows 10 Store it says I own it.

Am I missing something or was that promotion just a PC key?

Jim Bob

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Apparently the parcel has now left the carrier facility according to my Amazon tracking but still no Out For Delivery status, just arriving today...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Tomb Raider at 60fps. So good and the game looks still great also and a big improvement over the OG Xbox One.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought a key for Quantum Break from a gaffer around release, I think it was some sort of promotion deal?

I'd assume because it was a Play Anywhere title I could download it on my X but it says 'buy'. In the Windows 10 Store it says I own it.

Yeas the game has two different versions.
When you bought the Xbox version, you just got a key for Windows version

Nowise10

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That key was for the Windows 10 version only. Was given if you preordered the game on Xbox.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
My Scorpio has just arrived via Amazon UK Logistics.

Which is nice. Now downloading stability.

Was worried it was broke at first as wouldn't respond to my Elite Controller. I guess it needs setting up first. Because all was fine when I used the bundled pad.

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
So does Wolfenstein have HDR? It somehow doesn't switch into hdr mode for me, all the other games do...

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
My X is in the state. Due to be delivered by 8pm, although FedEx usually come much earlier than that. I'm expecting mid afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Short CNBC interview with Phil from yesterday. Nothing groundbreaking, but they do short of grill him lol. Just a different perspective than the usual games media journalism.

Bias kicking in, but I'm not sure I like that he's saying this device is if you are discerning and have a 4K tv. That's the optimum amount of ready people would like to be, but it's underselling what it can do for 1080p users. There's no reason to word it like that. Give me a ring and I'll coach you a little, Phil.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is downsampling just as hot as 4k? I cannot wait for the Skyrim update! Any word when that is coming?

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Finally working...so witcher 3 does not show as x enhanced...howndo I download the enhanced stuff on scorpio?

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
From the information I received from shops I have an estimate how much the Xbox One X sold (WITHOUT one of the biggest stores, BOL.com) in Belgium
Game Mania had 2 consoles for each store, MediaMarkt 30 consoles for each store, FNAC 3 consoles for each store, Dreamland 3 consoles for each store, Bart Smit 2 consoles for each store.
Everything together around 3500 consoles are sold in these stores, not bad for Belgium if you ask me. (Each shop is sold out)

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
"A late flight has caused a delay" ... fuck you Microsoft for waiting till the last possible minute to ship it. Never buying from them again. For fucks sake.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Is the Xbox One X multivoltage like the Xbox One S? I assume it is but I just wanted to make sure. Mine is probably going to get to me on Friday or early next week.

It uses the exact same cord as the S, so I'd assume so. You don't even need to unplug your S power cord from the wall. You can just unhook your S from the entertainment center and plug in the X without running any new cables.

SiK SiNr1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles, Ca
I spent close to 30 minutes playing With Insects and have to say my Astro A50's sound amazing using Dolby Atmos. Had a lot of fun switching from night to day, bug color, flower color, 4K to non 4K, etc.

(P.S. I was super stoned when I was playing it so yeah....)