• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to check my Amazon UK order status again (for about the 1,001st time today) and it still says shipping today/arriving today before 8pm despite the email earlier telling me there was a delay. I wish they'd sync their email comms with the order status. If it said "dispatching today/arriving tomorrow" I'd probably just accept it, but all this confusion just annoys me.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Look, I don't know if it's worth the money. I don't know if it'll have "the games" or not. Heck, I don't even know if I'm gonna use it more than the old one.

But I know one thing: someone in the family is already glad that it's here. :)

http:///VI8c.jpg

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta re download this one.
I launched three games on my Xbox One today and measured the time. I'll do the same thing with these games on the Scorpio and see for myself. Old External vs New External vs New Internal.

Gears of War 4 is supposed to have a HDR/SDR Splitscreen mode.

The dev version of Halo3 update had a split screen slider that showed 4k (technicically 9x pixels) and hdr (increased not full range) on the left and olde world garbage trash people eyesore horror on the right. Or vice versa. Had to be stricken from the shipping version though. Shame. It was a very cool feature and a shocking demonstration, even though the low res was kinda faked.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Would anyone here be interested in a lot of comparisons? My X will be here shortly and I have been taking screenshots from about 12 - 16 games to compare them to the X, I would be happy to post them here. I have a mixture of Current Gen and Backwards Compatible games.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ehm... Advanced Video Settings: "Allow 4K, This setting allows native 4k content for 4k games and apps, even if your console is set to a lower resolution."

I can't enable that. Isn't that an option for 1080p users because it says "console is set to a lower resolution". Mine is set to 1080p...
Am I dead?

This sort of makes me want to stand mine up now. Scorpio edition should arrive from Amazon today. Its looks really goid
Thought I'd try something new because the old Xbox One had to be horizontal.

Jim Bob

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Still sitting as arriving today but not out for delivery. Really can't trust Amazon after reading this thread. Friend ordered weeks after me received his this morning via DPD.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Amazon UK via DPD arrived 15 mins ago!!!!
23172881_727503524105071_1808253567225216822_n.jpg
23231146_727503534105070_1881727455532359804_n.jpg

Deleted member 30843

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Royal Mail permitting mine should be arriving today, looks like I am one of the lucky ones who had it dispatched yesterday.

Still don't know 100% why I ordered it (only have 1080p tv) but it's going to feel good upgrading from my day one Xbox one.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh shit, I didn't knew this exist:

71AHaQVWXfL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Great, now I have to return the normal one that I bought yesterday..... -.-

Anyone wants to make an OT? :D

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing first couple of hours:

- The X1X is quiter than my X1S which is not exactly loud either
- Halo 3 is amazeballs for a 360 game! I played for 40 mins on the X1S before moving to the X1X, and was gobsmacked by the improvements HDR/better res/ more detail in the distance makes.. it's like a new game!
- Forza 7 is a massive upgrade too, the interior shaders and just level of detail is almost too much at times, the road textures look like they'd cut you on Prague!, really nice upgrade IMO

I slightly messed up and forgot to transfer all my other games to my EXT HDD, so I thought I'd use the Network transfer option, but its pants, I'm lucky to get 20-30Mb/s which is pitiful on a gigabit connection.. So I'm transferring manually on the X1S to the ext HDD which is flying by comparison!

I'm mildly impressed with HDR so far, on my LG C6 OLED, just default'ish settings, the insects demo was great, and FM7/Halo 3 seem pretty decent.. I'm still wavering on ordering the C27HG70 samsung monitor (1440p/HDR/Freesync 2) for my gaming sim rig, whilst 4K would be nice, I can't see them being available until Q2 next year, and I imagine a bit pricey!

TIme for lunch whilst the games transfer, then back to it!

Oct 30, 2017
You did the right thing. Keep the PS4 for the exclusives, enjoy 3p on the strongest console available.

PS: Did you go by GribbleGrunger on the old forum?
No. //Devil// ( don't really post much there )

I was really against MS all the time since this stupid ( play anywhere program ) was announced. it basically killed the Xbox as a console for me and it still does. I find this program is very stupid. I know what MS is trying to do. as a PC gamer i will say YAY. as a Console gamer ( and mainly i am , i will say wtf you just killed the reason to own an xbox )

You are right about enjoying 3p games on xbox with better graphics thought. But if you think about it, in couple of years the Playstation brand will release a more powerful console etc. and if you just to follow power you will never settle in one ecosystem. So i will keep my xbox ( if its working fine, for the Xbox exclusive and some 3p games that has no value over time like COD or BF, but games like Final Fantasy which i collect these games in general ) then i will keep them on one platform which probably is the playstation one. we will see

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
There is a shipping delay with my order from Best Buy, I won't get Scorpio edition until tomorrow because Best Buy sent it for shipping to late for UPS to do over night shipping. Oh well, as long as I get it tomorrow I am cool with a day delay.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Man, I love my Xbox One X so far.

Dabbled with it all night long. Slow install times kinda prevented me from really diving deep into any games, but after spending an hour each with Wolfenstein II, COD WWII, and AC Origins... Yeah, it's beautiful.

I'm still playing on my 1080p monitor, to note.

Surprised that response to WWII is so lukewarm, but maybe it's because I'm super nostalgic for WWII era COD? I thought the opening sequence looked and felt great -- good level design, good dialogue and characterization, and great graphics. Came away with a super great impression from it, personally.

Wolf2 seems to run a bit more stable than the PS4 Pro version (I own both) but it still seems to have some slight and pretty constant dips that create a weird jutter effect. It seems relatively like for like on IQ. It's acceptably playable but it does give me a little bit of eye strain -- I think it's a combination of the frame dips AND the intensity of the various motion effects (motion blur, head bob, etc...) that really creates the slight uneasiness I get from playing it, if one or the other could be addressed I think it'd be perfectly fine.

And man, AC Origins... Wow.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
So, I think I won the bad shipping lotterly.

It's in german, but this is what my online tracking says:

DOBz-IKWAAA7PWL.jpg:large

At the same time, this tells my that my Xbox One X:

Was deliverd on JULY 7TH to someplace in Berlin-Hermsdorf. That's not where I live. Also, again: JULY. What.
Was delivered to a neighbor yesterday, at 10:31PM
Was delivered to me, today, at 11:22 AM
Is on its way somewhere in Mörsdorf right now which is, also, not where I live.

To quote the phone support:

"Oh. Oh wow. No, this is all wrong. Oh Oh. Oh."

So that's fun.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
More fun shipping issues. Hopefully it still arrives today.

• 11/07/2017 5:41 A.M.
  • A late flight has caused a delay. We will update the delivery date as soon as possible. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time.
  • Louisville, KY, US
  • 11/07/2017 5:43 A.M.
  • Departure Scan
  • 11/07/2017 12:14 A.M.
  • Origin Scan

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So, the transfer thing...
I move all my games to an external on my regular One, then do the backup thing to external. Then simply connect that external to the X and boot it up?

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Oh shit, I didn't knew this exist:

71AHaQVWXfL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Great, now I have to return the normal one that I bought yesterday..... -.-

Anyone wants to make an OT? :D

Hold your horses there cowboy...

I bought this digital for my wife, and it crashes... Like, all the damn time. At the end of every mission, boom, crash... She had to move to my PC to play it (got a free digital code as its play anywhere) and its smooth as butter, far nicer looking, and.... no Crashes. So hopefully this gets patched to work, otherwise all the x's visuals in the world wont save it :(

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone here be interested in a lot of comparisons? My X will be here shortly and I have been taking screenshots from about 12 - 16 games to compare them to the X, I would be happy to post them here. I have a mixture of Current Gen and Backwards Compatible games.
Very much so. The more comparisons the better. Love seeing that stuff.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone has an Xbox One X already and owns the XBLA release of Daytona USA, could you grab a video of a full lap and stick it on youtube for me, I'm quite curious about how it looks with 16x anisotropic filtering.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That's actually the 30th edition Blu-ray rerelease. The only movie I own. I do have the soundtrack on CD as well though
I was so excited when I saw they were finally releasing it on BluRay in this region. Unfortunate that Hot Rod is still pink. I've always wanted a CD of the soundtrack too, but I ended up just getting it digitally from Amazon.

I'd still vote on you being thread victor.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The dev version of Halo3 update had a split screen slider that showed 4k (technicically 9x pixels) and hdr (increased not full range) on the left and olde world garbage trash people eyesore horror on the right. Or vice versa. Had to be stricken from the shipping version though. Shame. It was a very cool feature and a shocking demonstration, even though the low res was kinda faked.

"Vaseline mode"

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hold your horses there cowboy...

I bought this digital for my wife, and it crashes... Like, all the damn time. At the end of every mission, boom, crash... She had to move to my PC to play it (got a free digital code as its play anywhere) and its smooth as butter, far nicer looking, and.... no Crashes. So hopefully this gets patched to work, otherwise all the x's visuals in the world wont save it :(
Weird, I haven't had any problems with it on the XB1S. Haven't had the opportunity to play it on the XB1X.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
OMG coming from a OG Xbox One to this. Its sooooo small haha. My external HDD looks so big also now haha.

Waaghals

Oct 27, 2017

I am very grateful for both the MCC version of Halo 3 and now the upgraded BC version.

Because H3 was originally visually compromised. I was very disappointed back in the day. (I'm not blaming this on you or anyone!)

Now it possible to see how impressive the game really was.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am very grateful for both the MCC version of Halo 3 and now the upgraded BC version.

Because H3 was originally visually compromised. I was very disappointed back in the day. (I'm not blaming this on you or anyone!)

Now it possible to see how impressive the game really was.
It's all Stinkles' fault.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon UK still 'dispatching soon, arriving today'. Just simply not true. Communication has been horrible. No idea what's going on. So pissed.

Have you had the despatch email yet? I think we're in relatively the same boat. Mine says arriving today but it's just been despatched so will probably be tomorrow. It's coming via the Royal Mail for me.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
So, the transfer thing...
I move all my games to an external on my regular One, then do the backup thing to external. Then simply connect that external to the X and boot it up?

I did the same,except I am not sure what you mean by ''then do the backup thing to external"...I just moved/transfered the games I wanted,I did not back up anything else on it...and yeah,pretty sure I read you just plug the Externall HDD and boot up...

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I did the same,except I am not sure what you mean by ''then do the backup thing to external"...I just moved/transfered the games I wanted,I did not back up anything else on it...and yeah,pretty sure I read you just plug the Externall HDD and boot up...
You can also back up you settings of the console on the external. Did that also. Then before you start up the console for the first time you connect already your external and it will ask if you want to load your settings. :)

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
My DPD delivery is still at the depot. It says scheduled for today but it hasn't moved since 7am.

ARGHHHH!!!!!!

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
The console is indeed quiet but has that annoying whirl to it. I can only ever hear that in loading screens though so I'm not too bothered by it.