• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to join the party!

Just picked mine up from the store (Game UK), they had quantum break and rise of the tomb raider for £20 for the pair (2nd hand), and Wolfentein II for £30.

Just seeing it up on my LG C6 Oled tv right now!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Oh boy in full panic mode. I live on Long Island (NY).

Tracking the package it went from Syracuse NY, to Buffalo NY....To Philadelphia...Philafelphia, why the hell would it leave New York State?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I just spoke to Amazon on the phone and they said it's still not dispatched and there's a chance it'll be delayed. So in other words, it's delayed. And asked if I'd be willing for it to arrive tomorrow. I'm so so pissed off.

This will absolutely be the last time I trust Amazon with any major release. Communication has been atrocious during the process too, we have no idea what's going on with our orders and if they'll be delayed or not (which all signs point to that being yes).

People who preordered days ago receive them but August 20th folk are having delays, completely insane. I'm resisting going crazy at them until I know for sure it won't arrive today.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Got mine last night, it's that good it stuck a few pixels on my TV haha, fix attempt tonight when I finish work, I did however try Alien Covenant and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on 4K Blu and it was on another level, absolutely stunning picture quality, and then tried Assassins Creed Origins, it was worth waiting to play it put it that way, hope everyone else is happy with it because I know I am.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
Nice!

Glad to hear it.

I have a feeling I won't be lucky but at least one of us getting it on time makes me happy.

I jest though as if you use the Royal Mail Tracking number they've only received it today so I think it's safe to say it'll be tomorrow. Not too bothered though. It'll be worth the wait. Get them nostalgia feels from the box alone when it comes.

Oct 26, 2017
Such a sleek console and I like the lower/underpart of the system, the texture to it if I'm wording it right. It's also far from pitch black but more like dark grey, I digz it.

Murray

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Sorry if it's already been mentioned in the thread, but has anyone tried RDR on the X yet? Interested to see what improvements that thing has.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Well, I managed to reserve one at Smyths and off to get it now. Cancelled the Amazon one, useless. Won't be a Project Scorpio edition, but such is life.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just had an email to say its now out for delivery yet on the app it now has no tracking!?! The fuck is wrong with Amazon uk?? Customer service monkey on the chat was totally useless.

Addikt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure it's actually finished installing the disc?

Could be still installing the disc?

I have had Gears of War 4 for over a year installed on my HD. Had installed the 4K update a week ago. It sounds like this when I am sitting in the menu, in fact every game I play it sounds like that. On the dashboard (with all games closed and not running in the background) it is whisper quiet.

Oct 26, 2017
Well then, on Reddit already reports of a dead Xbox One X and a few cases of a very loud fan.

Hope that sorts it out. I'm gonna unpack mine now and install it all etc.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Got my Scorpio in and set up. Everything plugged in with no problem. Haven't set Kinect back up yet.

Let's goooooo

i6l44x.jpg

Did you nail that thing to the wall!

; )

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Amazon UK have been absolutely terrible for me this year. I pre-ordered my Switch from Gamestop for an in-store pickup, and had a guaranteed release day delivery for Zelda. At 6 O clock the day before launch they still hadn't dispatched or charged me for Zelda. Ended up getting the last copy in the Gamestop where I bought my Switch (for about 20 Euros extra).

Just last week Thursday I bought 2 items with Prime 1 day delivery and they still haven't arrived. This is what happens when they have no competition.

Oct 27, 2017
My Amazon UK order is a Scorpio and is due to arrive today via Hermes.

I feel for everyone having issues though, last year they messed up Pro order so I bought it from Argos and paid £4 for same day delivery then refused Amazon's package when they tried to deliver it the next day so I didn't have to mess around returning it.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
My plan to pick mine up early before work nearly went totally wrong when I got stuck in traffic for over an hour and a half. Managed to run in to Game just before 9am and back out and made it in to work only 10 mins late. Now it will sit beside me at work all day, making me feel sad that I had no days off left to take.

Today is an overtime day too so I'm stuck til about 8.30 :(

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Playing a patched 360 game reminds me of when I upgrade my PC and then boot up my old games with all the settings turned up as high as they can go.

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am going t say something here and I promise i have no intention of starting a war or something. I have a good PC. 1080 GTX with I7 7 series. I also have a silent PS4 that is working perfectly fine. i had no intention to buy an Xbox console. because well. all games are on PC. but I do love the plug and play. my PC is in my room and sometimes i play in the living room. so i wanted to either upgrade my PS4 to pro or get the xbox one X. my plan was to actually upgrade my PS4 to pro. and thatch what i did. i figured i would cut the cost of the ps4 pro by selling the fat one.

anyway i go home all excited. i turn on the PS4 pro. install updates. transfer the game, start playing. this pos started making a vacuum cleaning sound. I know some models are quite. my friend has one. mine was honestly a $%$#%# vacuum cleaner.

So f%%% it. I didnt want the normal xbox one X. if i am paying a 500$. i better get the scorpio edition. i went to 3 major stores here they didnt have any. then i went to a smaller mega store. i was able to find 7 remaining. i grabbed one and 2 other guys grabbed 2( i am pretty sure they are sold out by now )

when i go home i will try the thing and download some games. i thought i would save 150$ by selling my PS4 but eh. maybe this for the better.

if my unit is defective i am going to return it and stick to PC. i do not handle high noise from consoles. very allergic to it lol

You did the right thing. Keep the PS4 for the exclusives, enjoy 3p on the strongest console available.

PS: Did you go by GribbleGrunger on the old forum?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
My Scorpio is sitting at my local post office right now......should get it today. Didn't think amazon would pull through after the Kenosha facility literally just got the damn things oh 3 hours ago.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have had Gears of War 4 for over a year installed on my HD. Had installed the 4K update a week ago. It sounds like this when I am sitting in the menu, in fact every game I play it sounds like that. On the dashboard (with all games closed and not running in the background) it is whisper quiet.
Dam :(

Haven't got an X so can't compare, but hope this is just a defective unit (not good for you though )

I hear all the stories about the pro doing the same, and I never had the issue until COD WW2 in the menus :(

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm on my X, booted up Assassins Creed Origins. I'm definitely running at 4K/HDR, but the first cutscene looks... shit?

Is it pre-rendered or some such nonsense? Loads of jaggies and bad textures.

Is this normal?

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony 43 inch XD800/X8088D.

It ain't very good, but the UI looks worse than games.

And the GoW4 HDR Slider Don't work either.

Oh well, 4K is nice!

Ah explains it then, don't think the HDR on that tv is particularly bright more of the lower end of HDR 10

I've just done a quick search to see if any PS4 users had issues with HDR on that TV and below is the settings someone uses to improve things for HDR while gaming

Brightness- max

Contrast- max

Gamma- 0

Black level- 35

Black adjust- high

Adv contrast- high

Color- 60-65

Hue-0

Temp- Expert 1

Live Color- High or medium

Sharpness- 50-55

Reality Creation- manual