• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've had the same email as others have from Amazon saying its been delayed and they're preparing it for dispatch now etc etc. I'm half tempted to cancel it, but think I won't unless I've still had no confirmation of dispatch by say 6pm.

I plan on playing Minecraft all day anyway and that's hardly a game that'll utilise the power of the X (especially as the super graphics update hasn't dropped yet).

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Was this a scorpio?

Not received any courier information. Just stuck on shipping today/Arriving Today.

What if it's all a big mixup and they're being sent directly from supplier so they don't have access to consignment numbers to update their system. One can hope!
Yes Scorpio edition , i have an Amazon tracking number thats it but it just says parcel arrived at carrier facility even though it says on the way.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone having trouble configuring the HDR?

Like my One is recognised with HDR, but the UI looks dreadful after using the Calibrate HDTV tool.

Any advice? Calibrate with HDR off maybe?

Oct 26, 2017
Just picked mine up

7DKaj4d.jpg

Thanks so fucking much Microsoft and Mediamarkt for the Elite Controller because my Scorpio Edition preorder didn't happen! I am so happy.

Set me back 468 euros. Superb.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hmm interesting. Yours is the only Scorpio edition I've seen with an actual tracking number etc.
Delivery by Amazon shipping with a 13 digit tracking number next to it which when clicked takes me to the delivery section which says on tbe way and parcel is at a carrier facility!? Confusing to say the least.

DanielERA

Nov 5, 2017
I am in the UK waiting for my Scorpio edition from Amazon, today they sent me an email saying it will arrive tomorrow, I just checked my bank account and it looks like they already put in the charge on my card, so hopefully it really does arrive tomorrow, it is a little disappointing not receiving it today but oh well.

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
I'm Amazon Uk with a Scorpio edition, mine was despatched late last night via Amazon Logistocs and according to the tracking number it is currently out for delivery, but this is Amazon Logistics being out for delivery doesn't mean that being delivered on the same day is a given.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
My Scorpio edition came with a sticky "a" button, my day one edition also came with a sticky button. 0/2 feelsbadman. The setup was a breeze and the enhanced titles are awesome. The Insects app is in my opinion the best free hdr/4k demonstration resource available. I wish more app/games added hdr sliders in their options.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with Amazon UK at the moment.

I ordered some bits for our new place using Prime and the tracking was all over the place. It was throwing up estimates for delivery and then suddenly jump to delivering today. One item arrived the next day, the other took two days, even though both were in stock and shipped from the same warehouse.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
so I just booted mafia III
if you thought that assasins creed origins gap between xbone-scorpio was big,
wait till you see this one..
I think I'm gonna replay from start
Gotta re download this one.
Wondering if the X internal HDD is now faster than my current external is. I might move some games over to internal for sure now but curious about that aspect.
I launched three games on my Xbox One today and measured the time. I'll do the same thing with these games on the Scorpio and see for myself. Old External vs New External vs New Internal.

My Scorpio edition came with a sticky "a" button, my day one edition also came with a sticky button. 0/2 feelsbadman. The setup was a breeze and the enhanced titles are awesome. The Insects app is in my opinion the best free hdr/4k demonstration resource available. I wish more app/games added hdr sliders in their options.
Gears of War 4 is supposed to have a HDR/SDR Splitscreen mode.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I had the money to buy XBX. Following this thread quite compensates the experience, though. I am sure that you guys will love it.

Vgtomo

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone order from the online Microsoft store in the UK? My tracking info isn't very encouraging at the moment.

PiPSmallie

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 2 people from Amazon Support said it was. But I've just received an email saying it won't. I'm lost as heck.

Don't trust chat. They will just lie to get rid of you.

From seeing all the people here not even having their orders dispatch.

I would just look at it as Amazon UK have messed up massively and to definitely not expect it today.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Great, Amazon UK have fucked me. Hasn't been sent out, and just changed to "arriving tomorrow". I ordered it seconds after it was first available, and I pay £80 for Prime precisely to avoid situations like this. So annoyed.

XorpiZ

Oct 29, 2017
I'm happy for you guys. There's no better feeling than when you finally get that sweet new piece of hardware!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally, a pending payment on my card. Damn Amazon, you messed up but I might get it for tomorrow if I am lucky.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon UK pre-order, literally a few minutes after they went live. Long story short, I *might* be getting it tomorrow, my card has a pending charge on it. I have just got the same email as others telling me that within a day i will get notification that it's dispatched...not sure how long it will then take to get delivered.

I spoke to chat at around 9 this morning and they said there was a delay and I should wait 1-2 days. At the same time I had seen that Smyths (a uk toy store) still had some immediately available for click and collect. I asked to cancel my amazon order but was told I couldn't because it was in the shipping process (even though it's not being shipped!?). I decided to order from Smyths anyway but then both of my cards were blocked by my bank....presumably because it flagged a suspicious transaction for the same amount. In the time it took for that to happen smyths withdrew the consoles and are now displaying a message that pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come first served basis.

All other stores are sold out or unsearchable and so I have no realistic prospect of getting one today now :-(

I actually told amazon to cancel my order but i got the automated email/reply that they can't...so now I'm weirdly hoping that they will stick to that and WILL actually deliver the console as it's my best hope of getting one (and I'll hopefully at least have a scorpio edition).

I know it's nothing in the scheme of world problems but it's felt like a bit of a rollercoaster this morning!

Oct 30, 2017
I am going t say something here and I promise i have no intention of starting a war or something. I have a good PC. 1080 GTX with I7 7 series. I also have a silent PS4 that is working perfectly fine. i had no intention to buy an Xbox console. because well. all games are on PC. but I do love the plug and play. my PC is in my room and sometimes i play in the living room. so i wanted to either upgrade my PS4 to pro or get the xbox one X. my plan was to actually upgrade my PS4 to pro. and thatch what i did. i figured i would cut the cost of the ps4 pro by selling the fat one.

anyway i go home all excited. i turn on the PS4 pro. install updates. transfer the game, start playing. this pos started making a vacuum cleaning sound. I know some models are quite. my friend has one. mine was honestly a $%$#%# vacuum cleaner.

So f%%% it. I didnt want the normal xbox one X. if i am paying a 500$. i better get the scorpio edition. i went to 3 major stores here they didnt have any. then i went to a smaller mega store. i was able to find 7 remaining. i grabbed one and 2 other guys grabbed 2( i am pretty sure they are sold out by now )

when i go home i will try the thing and download some games. i thought i would save 150$ by selling my PS4 but eh. maybe this for the better.

if my unit is defective i am going to return it and stick to PC. i do not handle high noise from consoles. very allergic to it lol

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Great, Amazon UK have fucked me. Hasn't been sent out, and just changed to "arriving tomorrow". I ordered it seconds after it was first available, and I pay £80 for Prime precisely to avoid situations like this. So annoyed.

Fuck sake, this is a joke. I ignored all deals at the thought that Amazon was a safe place to preorder from to get it for release day. Can't believe the complete opposite is the case. Everywhere else seems to have delivered for release day without a hitch.

Deleted member 14927

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone order from the online Microsoft store in the UK? My tracking info isn't very encouraging at the moment.

Yep - Coming via UPS - Out for delivery as is my Amazon order via Hermes ( Although I did get a text from Amazon saying there is an unexpected delay - Hermes website says it's out for delivery though )

PiPSmallie

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon UK pre-order, literally a few minutes after they went live. Long story short, I *might* be getting it tomorrow, my card has a pending charge on it. I have just got the same email as others telling me that within a day i will get notification that it's dispatched...not sure how long it will then take to get delivered.

I spoke to chat at around 9 this morning and they said there was a delay and I should wait 1-2 days. At the same time I had seen that Smyths (a uk toy store) still had some immediately available for click and collect. I asked to cancel my amazon order but was told I couldn't because it was in the shipping process (even though it's not being shipped!?). I decided to order from Smyths anyway but then both of my cards were blocked by my bank....presumably because it flagged a suspicious transaction for the same amount. In the time it took for that to happen smyths withdrew the consoles and are now displaying a message that pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come first served basis.

All other stores are sold out or unsearchable and so I have no realistic prospect of getting one today now :-(

I actually told amazon to cancel my order but i got the automated email/reply that they can't...so now I'm weirdly hoping that they will stick to that and WILL actually deliver the console as it's my best hope of getting one (and I'll hopefully at least have a scorpio edition).

I know it's nothing in the scheme of world problems but it's felt like a bit of a rollercoaster this morning!

Sorry to hear that.

If it's any help a lot of us who ordered from Amazon UK are in the same boat so at least your not the only one facing issues with you Xbox One X.

But I'm definitely done ordering consoles from Amazon. Would have bloody been on time if I had ordered from GAME of all retailers...

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any non 4k users who has one and can share their impressions. Super intrigued by it instead of a new PC upgrade, but I'm not sold on buying a 4k TV yet.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to hear that.

If it's any help a lot of us who ordered from Amazon UK are in the same boat so at least your not the only one facing issues with you Xbox One X.

But I'm definitely done ordering consoles from Amazon. Would have bloody been on time if I had ordered from GAME of all retailers...

Yeah my thoughts exactly. It's bad for everyone but at least I know it must have been a major problem as a lot of amazon UK pre-orders seem to be affected. it was doubly annoying to miss out on the Smyths ones, and trying all the other stores has just been depressingly futile.

Edit - checked with my bank and despite the smyth's payments getting declined the amazon payment has definitely been accepted. I'm now basically in amazon's hands...again!