• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Amazon UK are taking the smeg... My wife and I watched the show live, then F5ed the shit out of all the sites until the Scorpio came up for pre-order. We got one within 20 seconds of them going live, if that.

Here I am, the day before release, with amazon telling me its still planned for delivery, up to 11pm at night. But its not even been set up for dispatch yet. ELEVEN PM. What the shit am I supposed to do at 11pm? Because I sure as shit wont be playing anything thanks to having to transfer everything over...

But the real kicker, is that my friend pre-ordered one LAST WEEK from Amazon UK, and he's not even a Prime member like myself... His was packed and dispatched Saturday...

They really need to sort out how these orders work, its almost like they do it the wrong way around... We order thousands of pounds of gaming stuff every year from those asshats, yet they decide to give priority to my friend, who, in his own words, "never uses amazon as its a piece of shit but whatever have the cash".

Yeah ok, the waiting killing a little bit more than it should haha :p

I've just had the same experience. Only just in the past few minutes been dispatched and will take until 11 PM tomorrow night to arrive. Also ordered within a minute of it going live with a Prime account. No way they will deliver until 11 PM either. I ordered PREY last week through Prime and it was supposed to be next day by 7 PM and it still hasn't arrived. Luckily I ordered through VERY also which is arriving tomorrow and I doubt the Amazon will though.

Christ, its shipped, and its in the hands of Royal Mail. Looks like im getting it next month boys.

297770743658446850.png

failgubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Thats how my shipping works in my area too. My Amazon order is UPS btw. I forgot about that achievement lol. Its almost a mark of shame on my gamertag.

This is my current background and will be on my my X when it arrives. Classic Holliday 08 theme from the 360 days. Its not 4k but it will do.
rHGubhZ.jpg

I loved that theme. I think I'll use that pic over the winter

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Here I am, the day before release, with amazon telling me its still planned for delivery, up to 11pm at night. But its not even been set up for dispatch yet. ELEVEN PM. What the shit am I supposed to do at 11pm? Because I sure as shit wont be playing anything thanks to having to transfer everything over...

Same here. Prime member, ordered as soon as they went live but mine hasn't dispatched yet. Still "expected" today...

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon UK are taking the smeg... My wife and I watched the show live, then F5ed the shit out of all the sites until the Scorpio came up for pre-order. We got one within 20 seconds of them going live, if that.

But the real kicker, is that my friend pre-ordered one LAST WEEK from Amazon UK, and he's not even a Prime member like myself... His was packed and dispatched Saturday...

They really need to sort out how these orders work, its almost like they do it the wrong way around... We order thousands of pounds of gaming stuff every year from those asshats, yet they decide to give priority to my friend, who, in his own words, "never uses amazon as its a piece of shit but whatever have the cash".

Yep same here pre ordered a Scorpio Edition on the 20th August my confirmation email arrived at 21:58 and mine is doing diddly squat they haven't attempted to take any money, it's just sat there at not yet despatched the exact same status as since the order was placed, utterly ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Dam it BestBuy!! I was hoping to wake up this morning with a tracking number. After checking the app all I got it still preparing order. I'm starting to lose faith in that it will be delivered tomorrow. I guess if its not shipped by midday then its time to cancel.

Mine is still sitting at processing with the delivery date of tomorrow. Starting to get mildly nervous.

failgubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Just fully payed off my machine but I was denied when I tried to trade-in my regular Xbox One lol. The shiny plastic was too "scratched"

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't worry about it lol. People can't see it unless you have it pinned or "share" it.
I'm probably either going back to this one for my background on Scorpio or one of the achievement arts for Sunset Overdrive. I love how colorful those are.
ureyuupn.jpg

edit: Boogie2988 uploaded his review for his Xbox One X if anyone's interested.

XBOX ONE X REVIEW! Should you buy an Xbox one X? Scorpio Edition?

That was a solid review! I always thought he was a hardcore Sony guy.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
See, this is something that's been bugging me for a long while. Stores are going the way of the dodo, and I do 99.9% of my purchases online, and I don't have an issue. I'm a Prime member, which is good for next day delivery. I've had a few cases when games and things haven't appeared. You just call them up and get credit. Annoying but hey, mistakes happen.

But my issue is in this lovely glorious next gen age, you have patches. And now, 4k patches. So these next day delivery slots can be ok, but they can also come at 9pm at night. Meaning that when little Billy opens his shiny new Quantum Break on Christmas Morning, he's got to patch the thing first... So what are you supposed to do, when little billy buys it and it comes the next day at 9pm? Sit there and download 100gb? Yeah, he wont be playing for a while...

Which is why I think its utterly STUPID that you can't sign into xbox live, go to the market place, and click "Download game", without buying it. Why? Bandwidth their end? They have the money, get more damn servers... I should be able to download a game, patch it, and have it on my HDD with no licence to play, waaaaaaay in advance of owning the disk, like you can digital.

Silly...

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to order it from Dell since I have quite a few gift cards saved up there but unless I'm blind I don't see a way to order it?

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/xbox-one-x/ab/xbox-one-x

I'm in the same boat as you. Near as I can tell, Dell won't list the XBOX for sake until 11/07.

Eh... I chatted with a Dell rep and their response isn't too encouraging:
sorry, we are also waiting for an update on this one as well,. since Microsoft announced that it is ready for pre order already, but as of now, we dont offer it yet, i cannot assure when we will have it available for purchase im afraid,i would recommend you check us back regularly as well, you may also bookmark the page you found, it may be part of our Black Friday deal

Guess I'll just have to patiently wait for them to list it for sale.

Last edited:

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dam it BestBuy!! I was hoping to wake up this morning with a tracking number. After checking the app all I got it still preparing order. I'm starting to lose faith in that it will be delivered tomorrow. I guess if its not shipped by midday then its time to cancel.

They can also ship same day delivery. I wouldn't cancel.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That was a solid review! I always thought he was a hardcore Sony guy.
Yeah, I thought so too. I'm not a big fan of his either (not that there's anything wrong with him, just I haven't seen many of his videos) and this was another case where I just searched "xbox one x" on youtube and sorted by most recent.
From what I had seen before hand though, I remembered that he wasn't one of those overly cynical youtubers and thought it was a pretty fair review, with his concerns being totally fair.

GerDav

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat... I was so excited to see it had dispatched, only to see that!

Surely it's tracked or special delivery? If so that would be perfectly fine and is actually almost a guaranteed morning delivery.

If they have actually sent it 1st or god help 2nd class I think I would probably be off self harming or something.

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I mean most thing I order from amazon ship in the evening to arrive next day so I shouldn't be too worried, but mines gone from preparing to dispatch to shipping today, seems backwards to me, like the next step after preparing to dispatch should be dispatched.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I know it is different, but they did the same thing with me for Mario Odyssey but I still got it on Friday (release day). They did not send me an email or text until 3:21 PM on Thursday the 26th (I just checked) and lo and behold I had it on Friday the 27th by 11:26 AM.

So it seems that may be BestBuys deal with shipping certain items out. I would not lose faith yet.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone post the socks when you get them. I want goddamn Xbox socks now. Lol

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I thought so too. I'm not a big fan of his either (not that there's anything wrong with him, just I haven't seen many of his videos) and this was another case where I just searched "xbox one x" on youtube and sorted by most recent.
From what I had seen before hand though, I remembered that he wasn't one of those overly cynical youtubers and thought it was a pretty fair review, with his concerns being totally fair.

I thought it was one of the best non technical review. I was kind of surprised he mainly played Xbox because I remember Major Nelson personally giving him an Xbox One when it first came out and he seemed like a total Sony homer.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hyped for today. Dropping wife off at the airport in the morning (she's visiting our daughter / new baby), going to watch Thor 3 for a second time in Dolby Digital in the afternoon, nap after that, then hitting the Microsoft Store around 7pm to see whats going on there, mosy on over to the Best Buy around 830pm to pick up my Scorpio pre order at 9pm, then coming home to play Assassin's Creed Origins until I pass out!

I've been pretty much a 90% PS4/Pro guy the past 3 years only using my xbox to play forza so its gonna be weird/interesting to play other games on it now.

Hwy_61

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty hyped for today. Dropping wife off at the airport in the morning (she's visiting our daughter / new baby), going to watch Thor 3 for a second time in Dolby Digital in the afternoon, nap after that, then hitting the Microsoft Store around 7pm to see whats going on there, mosy on over to the Best Buy around 830pm to pick up my Scorpio pre order at 9pm, then coming home to play Assassin's Creed Origins until I pass out!

You PST people make. me. sick.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I know it is different, but they did the same thing with me for Mario Odyssey but I still got it on Friday (release day). They did not send me an email or text until 3:21 PM on Thursday the 26th (I just checked) and lo and behold I had it on Friday the 27th by 11:26 AM.

So it seems that may be BestBuys deal with shipping certain items out. I would not lose faith yet.

Yeah even though I getting slightly nervous about my Best Buy order, they have done this in the past with items with release day delivery. Sometimes doesn't ship out until the evening before delivery and it gets UPS overnighted.

TechMaster

Oct 28, 2017
Goods News - Amazon UK have shipped my scorpio edition for delivery tomorrow (apparently) - bad news they have sent it with Hermes ... they aren't the best which is a bit concerning

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017

I'm prime user never get a dispatch notice on preorders till the night before sometimes even the day (they use there own couriers where I am mostly that deliver until 8pm the next day) not had an issue yet for preorders.

Though this launch I'm hoping Very come through (though is royal mail delivering).

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

I've been pretty much a 90% PS4/Pro guy the past 3 years only using my xbox to play forza so its gonna be weird/interesting to play other games on it now.

Have fun! I had a 3 day weekend with my wife out of town for the AC:Origins and Wolfenstein 2 launch. I felt mildly nauseated with how much I played that weekend. Only mildly.

Oct 25, 2017
Mine is still sitting at processing with the delivery date of tomorrow. Starting to get mildly nervous.

Same here. Walmart says preparing order still no change.

Amazon says preparing order too. Was going to cancel one of my orders (forgot i made the amazon order on August 20th). They claim it will be here tomorrow, but Amazon screwed me with Switch launch (they took a week after launch to send it) and the snes clsssic :/

What I can say is, before Amazon dropped in quality for me, they often would wait till the night before launch to ship it (with air shipping) and it would get here on launch. Especially if you live near one of their main hubs.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Target order still preparing to ship with express shipping, still says tomorrow expected. If I don't get it I'll definitely be calling asking for my $15 back.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Hype seems real. Was there this much buzz around the internet for the original Xbox One launch?