• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing - looks great!

I've been planning on an Oblivion run since it came to BC but got swamped with other games. This got my enthusiasm back up again though

Here's Halo 3 from gamersyde. It's amazing how the 16x AF and increased resolution can make an old 360 game look so great.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jup. At this stage I don't feel any pressure for preservation (unless MS pulls the plug out of XBL tomorrow ) so RAID 0 in favour of performance and capacity was fine.

The XB1S does recognize the drive and does give me the option to format it but doesn't actually do anything.

Ah well, I've got a 8TB drive on order that will be delivered any moment now that I can use.

Oh wait, you also have good internet access, right?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm SO excited for mine to arrive. It'll be my main console going forward.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Here's Halo 3 from gamersyde. It's amazing how the 16x AF and increased resolution can make an old 360 game look so great.

That's not all they're doing, for what it's worth. They ensuring the highest quality assets remain in use rather than getting switched out for lower quality assets as they get further away from the player. I hope more games get the treatment.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They had one of these setup at my local Microsoft store. I played a bit if halo 5 and it was night and day, made me really excited. They also had the forza 7 demo and it looked okay, not great, I'm wondering if it wasn't actually in 4k yet

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man.. that Wired quote - "so very little to play on it". What a load of crap, regardless of how you feel about Sony or MS there is plenty to play on it!

It now is the best place to play multiplats AND retroactively makes exclusives and multiplats better. That alone is enough for alot of people

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not all they're doing, for what it's worth. They ensuring the highest quality assets remain in use rather than getting switched out for lower quality assets as they get further away from the player. I hope more games get the treatment.

No wonder the textures looked so good at any distance.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I skipped Halo 5 and just now noticing how great it looks (especially on the X)... is it worth playing? I see it's pretty cheap now.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
T

The forum name may have changed, but the posters haven't. Business as usual.

Walk-in pick up confirmed for Tuesday morning. Nice

When the PS4 had little to no exclusive games for the first few years of this gen the fact it was the best place for multiplats was a big selling point. X1X holds that place now and also has the current X1 library, BC with 360 and OG xbox where it improves games even unpatched. That should be plenty of justification regardless of what people think of MS's current first party output.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So i downloaded some Gamersyde vids to play on my Xbox One right now. I need to do something lol.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Any idea on when the patches are going to drop? Because I've only got a couple installed, but some others which people are downloading don't seem to be showing up. If the AC: Origins patch is 48gb I want to get it going, lol...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing how good Halo 3 looks now. It was always nice here and there outside of a few aspects but cleaned up and best textures at all times, impressive, even now.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Is the Scorpio Edition going to be a sought after collector's item? Due to finances and something unforeseen, I will have to wait until the new year to pick one up for myself. I got a preorder for the Scorpio at an online retailer, and don't know whether to cancel it or to keep it and try to make the finances work. I guess I could sell it, but I don't want to be a scalper or gouge anyone.

I don't know if I like the Scorpio branding on it, myself.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how good Halo 3 looks now. It was always nice here and there outside of a few aspects but cleaned up and best textures at all times, impressive, even now.

I never finished Halo 3 on my 360 due to how dated it looked by the time I got it from Games With Gold. Although there's the MCC that i never bought because I was waiting for them to fix it which it looks like they are and I'm glad I waited. I can simply dive in now and enjoy a great looking Halo 3 now.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
So having troubles with an external hard drive, any advice?

I'm attempting to format but after hitting format nothing happens and I just get booted back to the storage menu. The xbox detects the drive for media, and I can set it as a capture location fine, but actually setting as games and apps isn't working at all. I've tried all the USB ports, a different USB cable etc along with hard resetting the console, reformatting on the PC etc

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that Halo 3 footage.. other than the water physics.. that looks like a modern game. And it's still fun! I really hope they continue to update the older titles like this.

Their focus on Xbox 'history' is a really big selling point for me. I've spent all week playing Sid Meier's Pirates! because it's a fun a game.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I skipped Halo 5 and just now noticing how great it looks (especially on the X)... is it worth playing? I see it's pretty cheap now.
You can try the game out for yourself through Xbox Game Pass right now with a 14 day free trial if you haven't already done that. 2 weeks is plenty to complete the campaign and get familiar with the multiplayer suite. And as you mentioned, it's relatively inexpensive now both physically and digitally now that it's 2-years-old - I'm sure if you wait until the end of this month for Black Friday deals (assuming you're in the US), you'd be able to get it for a song.

And if you're asking if the game is good, yes, very. It's a great feeling Halo evolution.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
OLED is a different technology using organic LEDs.
The difference in quality is breathtaking. Once you have a properly calibrated OLED there is no going back.
So: save until you can afford one.
Yea I have to say I'm not seeing that great a difference in hdr on the DF Gears video on my TCL 605 Fald. I mean it's certainly on and I see but I am not blown away..... A little disappointed tbh with my tvs hdr I guess but I do appreciate it in games but it does not WOW me.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You can try the game out for yourself through Xbox Game Pass right now with a 14 day free trial if you haven't already done that. 2 weeks is plenty to complete the campaign and get familiar with the multiplayer suite. And as you mentioned, it's relatively inexpensive now both physically and digitally now that it's 2-years-old - I'm sure if you wait until the end of this month for Black Friday deals (assuming you're in the US), you'd be able to get it for a song.

And if you're asking if the game is good, yes, very. It's a great feeling Halo evolution.

I bought it today on Amazon Germany for 14 bucks, new.
It's ridiculous how cheap some One games are.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
any impressions from anyone on how network transfer has compared to normal download speeds from the store?

Deleted member 8136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea I have to say I'm not seeing that great a difference in hdr on the DF Gears video on my TCL 605 Fald. I mean it's certainly on and I see but I am not blown away..... A little disappointed tbh with my tvs hdr I guess but I do appreciate it in games but it does not WOW me.
Get an OLED, and some good sunglasses - you can thank me later... ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Some Gears 4 gameplay
3bbec9ab-58cf-4f26-87i9jqz.png

e0747764-3600-4cd7-92fkj8g.png

28d4a278-dd77-40d4-9f65jvp.png