• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
No, not at all. Its clear they have made mistakes and have planned things badly. Shutting down studios and having a focus on the wrong types of games, things like Scalebound and Fable? Those are mistakes. But games take time to make. So lets say a year ago, they woke up and went "oh, bugger me, PlayStation has quite a fair few good exclusives, how did we not see this coming? Lets make some!". Well, you wont be seeing or hearing about those games until next year at the earliest.
I swear I've seen this argument for at least five different years in the life of Xbox as a brand. Fool me five times...

Why do you keep saying "Xbox has no games" in quotations as if that's the argument? I think most people are disappointed in the first party output of MS.

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting hack I didn't think about. Only issue is for a while on my S, I've had this odd issue where games have taken screenshots and they have been seriously dark, to the point of them being near black... No idea why. I'm assuming its because the consoles in HDR mode on my TV (KS8000)

Depending on the firmware on the TV, the HDR implementation is broken in Game Mode (I'm assuming you use GM for the lower lag).

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think this is asked multiple times already... but I really can't decide what to do!!

I have a oled hdr 4k tv a xbox one and a ps4 pro aswell as a highend game pc. Although my pc is hooked up on a 1440p monitor without hdr support.

My project scorpio edition is sheduled for delivery 7-11 but I'm in doubt to cancel it. It seems the only beneficial about the one x is the best quality multi-platform games ( as I am not so much in to the MS exclusives atm)

And to satisfy the urge to buy every new piece of hardware as I really love gaming and consoles.

Most arguments are all over the forum.

I just hope this will help to make up my mind!

Many outlets recommend just waiting and seeing how it develops and whether all third parties are going to be putting in effort or not. And if you're not into Halo/Gears/Forza then it might be a good idea. It's not like there's going to be an X1X shortage.

But yeah, tech lust is a thing. Even if it is just for the hardware.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to grabbing this.

These last two pages are painful, though. Even if the X didn't have the hottest game on the planet coming to it in Dec, I'd still buy it since it's the absolute best place to play multiplats going forward. You know, most games.
I can say that I've played 95% of this gens games on my PS4(own a One)but when I get the money I'm buying this as I just care where I can play multiplats at with the best results. Really want to see a AC:O comparison.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Nice of people to feel the need to shit on this OT. There are other threads for you to be in, stop trying to rain on this celebrationary one.

Back on topic, if I get a 4k TV this holiday season, this beast is not far behind. I'm glad to hear noise seems to be a non issue as that was my biggest worry.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is asked multiple times already... but I really can't decide what to do!!

I have a oled hdr 4k tv a xbox one and a ps4 pro aswell as a highend game pc. Although my pc is hooked up on a 1440p monitor without hdr support.

My project scorpio edition is sheduled for delivery 7-11 but I'm in doubt to cancel it. It seems the only beneficial about the one x is the best quality multi-platform games ( as I am not so much in to the MS exclusives atm)

And to satisfy the urge to buy every new piece of hardware as I really love gaming and consoles.

Most arguments are all over the forum.

I just hope this will help to make up my mind!

If you have any doubts give it time. That's what I always do when I purchase electronics. What's your rush?

I'm still debating on a Note 8!?!? Probably made 5 trips to BB to check it out.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Checked out the Kotaku article about how much it improves 360 games. Seems like Fallout 3 is a real highlight. Sounds really good. Hope ya'll getting one enjoy it!

Zetaero

Oct 28, 2017
While it doesn't show up in my XBOX ONE X ENHANCED section, it shows up as recently installed and if I press LB/RB/ and the boxes button (view I think) on it it says Assets Installed: XBOX-Durango; Xbox-Scorpio

Strangely enough, it doesn't say this when I do it on the game in the Games list.
edit: forgot to insert quote

edit 2:
Interesting. I guess ill have to check for this next time I'm idle on my xbox.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Till the announcement of Scorpio,all Sony talked about was Power,how higher Resolution makes you a better gamer. The most important thing was better looking and Performer Multi Platform Games because the platform was seriously suffering from good exclusives.

All hottest topics were this Game is running at 900p on XO but 1080p on PS4 and under those articles,i witnessed,people tried to convince the Xbox fans how the XO a piece of Garbage is,this is why they choose a PS4 over an XO to be able to play the mp games with their best Forms on consoles.

Now the powerful one is Xbox but the Only and most important thing is exclusives. I can't believe how the narrative changed that quick. Pretty sure MS keeping somethings and will show em when they are ready.
It was always exclusives first and foremost that Xbox hardly had.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm just gonna give attention to DF comparisons and tech videos regarding the One X. I'm interested to see how developers support the console.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Nice of people to feel the need to shit on this OT. There are other threads for you to be in, stop trying to rain on this celebrationary one.

Back on topic, if I get a 4k TV this holiday season, this beast is not far behind. I'm glad to hear noise seems to be a non issue as that was my biggest worry.
Oh, for some reason I thought this was a thread for discussing the Xbox One X. Not sure what made me think that.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First party games are important, no doubt about it, but 95% of the games I own on the PS4 Pro are multi-platform. Up to now it was a no brainer to buy these games on the Pro, but things have changed. I'll still buy all the Sony exclusives, like I always have, but the X will be getting all my multi-plat money from now on. I'm certainly not alone in this thinking, and I think that's a much bigger deal than people realize.

I also think it's disingenuous as hell for people to claim that there is nothing to play on Xbox or that because a game is also on the PC that it doesn't count or matter. I love my Pro, but Sony skimped on it multiple ways that allowed Microsoft to step in and steal their thunder. When I'm playing AC:Origins or Battlefront 2 or Wolfenstein or Evil Within 2 or CoD or Halo 5 or GoW or Quantum Break or one of fifty other games the last thing that will pop into my head is that "there's nothing to play" on my new console. Yes, first party games are important, and Microsoft needs to step up their game, but they aren't the end all be all and there will be plenty to play regardless.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
I swear I've seen this argument for at least five different years in the life of Xbox as a brand. Fool me five times...

Why do you keep saying "Xbox has no games" in quotations as if that's the argument? I think most people are disappointed in the first party output of MS.

Because truth be told those people that use that as an excuse are morons. Simple as.

Strip away all the third party stuff and yes, MS has a weaker line up. You can't really argue that point, its just true. They look better, and there are more of them, on Sonys machine. Theres nothing like Last of Us, Uncharted, Horizon, on xbox, that's first party. That's just true. Can it be fixed? Yeah of course, but for now, its true.

But the argument is always xbox has no games... That includes third party.

Looking at the games I've played in recent memory... South Park, Evil Within 2, Creed Origins, Wolf 2, Prey, The Surge etc, they have all been multiplats. These are available on either machine. Now, with the X, they will be best played on xbox.

The argument that people get into about first party is a valid one, sure. But its not the be all end all. you have games to play, just not the games you may WANT to play at that given time. Its the exact same argument as somebody crying at PlayStation because they can't play Mario. Well... Go buy a Switch then? you don't want to? Then you wont play Mario. Its valid argument, but a stupid one too. You get what you get, simple as.

Forrow Rebel

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
So because they don't have access to those content they're dismissing the feature and saying it isn't for you if you have 1080p set? When in reality it has beneficial to 1080p owners?

So I should not buy a better graphic card if I don't own a 4K monitor?

The comparisons with GoW 4 aren't that worthwile. If I had the hardware I would prob do one of Halo 5, especially warzone on apex 7, as the gain there should be quite noticable. But alas I don't have the game, and as the system hasn't launched yet, the reviewers impressions don't feel that interesting to me, due to the small sample of games.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Sorry if this has been asked, but has any X owners checked if YouTube play 4K videos?

And streamed 4K X.265 via Plex/VLC and checked if there is no transcoding?

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sitting around at the edge of my seat to see what The Verge thought of the console. I know what to expect with the X. I wanna see how well the console fares in multiplats that are supported. And how well first party games are supported.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The thing about the games is funny. The discussion has not changed, nor has the situation.
Not even the people have changed throwing their "take" and "recommendations" in - highlighting concerns and negatives like they always did.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I guess ill have to check for this next time I'm idle on my xbox.
Yeah, I just now noticed that that thing in the recently installed list is for "Hope's Bastion." It's weird that the DLC, and only this piece of DLC (which I think is just an outfit that came with the 20th anniversary DLC package from how it looks) for the game would say "Scorpio" in that details screen thingy, but the game doesn't have the XB1E tag as "true."
Hopefully they're working on it and it'll be up for launch.
Can't wait for the Pro vs X DF videos.
I hope they have a Freesync enabled monitor and tell us how well it works. I wanted to get that 607 TV (I think it was, by TCL), but now I'm thinking about just waiting for more Freesync enabled monitors through HDMI that have HDR to become available.

Last edited:

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
These reviews are raising my hype levels. Come on BestBuy changes the status to shipping, or at least preparing to ship :)

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Majority of the most popular games are third party right now. Having the best versions of third party games is a big deal. But that also can easily go back and forth when ever someone puts out new hardware.

Speaking for myself I do not own a lot of console exclusives. But I've mainly gamed on Pc this gen.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ones talking about games are not exactly wrong.
I have a One X ordered and paid for but I chose to get Assassin's Creed :Origins , Witcher 3 on it and COD:WW2 I did not have to run out and get an Xbox to play them.
Most of the appeal right now is going back to already released enhanced games like when the Halo MCC update hits next year.
I am looking forward to the Pirates game, but the fact is that Cuphead and KI are the only two newer exclusives I care about right now.
Hopefully now that the One X is finished they can focus their attention to game output.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I don't understand why they bothered with FIFA. Of course it's the same across the board... It's already 4K 60 everywhere...

I dont think most patches go live until the 7th? IGN said something along those lines in their Review in Progress. Its mostly just 1st party stuff right now. I think DF took what they could get.

resident_UA

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think most patches go live until the 7th? IGN said something along those lines in their Review in Progress. Its mostly just 1st party stuff right now. I think DF took what they could get.
FIFA patch isn't even out yet for me yet. What I'm interested in is performance of unpatched games, load times, 360 games. Any of that would be very helpful... I want to know who is actually concerned about FIFA :)

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for Best Buy to give more more info than "awaiting authorization" and also "pre-ordered".

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
FIFA patch isn't even out yet for me yet. What I'm interested in is performance of unpatched games, load times, 360 games. Any of that would be very helpful... I want to know who is actually concerned about FIFA :)

Yea, but the hits come from Pro comparisons, and right now Fifa is all they've got. They took 7 minutes to say "its freaking nothing" and that video will probably get more clicks than what you are looking for.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
I have my scorpio preorder still in but I'm teetering back and forth. Will have to see how much of a tangible difference the press observes compared to the Pro.

I had a realization when I hopped in the car. I don't think I've picked up a new xbox one game since Forza Horizon 3...

Looking forward to playing Cuphead soonish.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I am so excited to pick this beast up on Tuesday! Still have my launch OG xbone and launch PS4 which I never felt to upgrade to an S or a Pro but the Xbox one X looks to be enough of an upgrade to justify it.

Trading in my OG and maybe my launch PS4(thing sounds like it's about to die anyway) towards it and I will probably pick up a new PS4 slim this Black Friday or down the line when they drop in price. Can't miss those Sony exclusives!

Xb1X will be my go to system like my OG was though because I have so many friends on Xbox Live, love the Xbox ecosystem plus the controller and multiplats are mainly my thing.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Id like the mods to intervene here, its a hardware thread, focus on the improvement and changes solely from the power upgrade and delivery of pixels to the screen.

Any talk of software volume or exclusiveness should be taken to another thread.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing about the games is funny. The discussion has not changed, nor has the situation.
Not even the people have changed throwing their "take" and "recommendations" in - highlighting concerns and negatives like they always did.
Era is GAF - what did you expect? It's mostly the exact same people.

resident_UA

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Id like the mods to intervene here, its a hardware thread, focus on the improvement and changes solely from the upgrade and delivery of pixels to the screen.

That's really weird perspective. I mean what's the point of hardware if you can't even discuss software? As long as I remember software was always part of hardware lunch discussion.

What would DF even take videos of? :)

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Id like the mods to intervene here, its a hardware thread, focus on the improvement and changes solely from the power upgrade and delivery of pixels to the screen.

Nah, software is also part of the thread but it should be about the games that get upgrades (or not). We all know since hundreds of posts and dozens of threads what many people think about the software lineup on Xbox.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
More interesting software discussion:

So many interesting things in here. HDD bw is now up to 60mb/sec where it was 40mb/sec before and AF really makes a huge difference.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

So many interesting things in here. HDD bw is now up to 60mb/sec where it was 40mb/sec before and AF really makes a huge difference.

A really excellent video to show people what they will be getting out of standard titles without patches. Halo 5 looks damn stunning and it's not 4k yet.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

Good Lord at that difference in load times in Witcher 3. Thanks for posting. Also, holy butts at that improvement in Hitman in the non-CPU intensive stage (and even in the Paris stage, just to a lesser extent).