• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Been playing AC Origins on my X for about a week or a little more now and good lord is this game absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely stunning on my KS8000.

The console's whisper quiet too. Really happy with the system so far.
I should really get ACO. As someone who can get lost and feel overwhelmed by some open world games, is there a linear story you can follow easily in the game? What I liked about Nier and HZD this year is that it was easy to follow the main story of that's all you wanted to do, with occasional detours only when I felt like it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks! :)

I should really get ACO. As someone who can get lost and feel overwhelmed by some open world games, is there a linear story you can follow easily in the game? What I liked about Nier and HZD this year is that it was easy to follow the main story of that's all you wanted to do, with occasional detours only when I felt like it.

I'm really loving the game so far, it's a massive improvement to the AC formula but it might be hard to stick completely to the main storyline. Thing is the leveling seems just a tad off and you'll be under leveled if you only do main quests. I've organically been doing tons of side quests and side activities out of personal desire so if you're not into something like that, you might have a hard time.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Thanks! :)

I'm really loving the game so far, it's a massive improvement to the AC formula but it might be hard to stick completely to the main storyline. Thing is the leveling seems just a tad off and you'll be under leveled if you only do main quests. I've organically been doing tons of side quests and side activities out of personal desire so if you're not into something like that, you might have a hard time.
Thanks Shin, I might still get it and give it a chance just to witness the visuals :)

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yea, I've sort of run out of stuff to play on my X. I was mostly just revisiting games I already owned that got updates, now I want something new. It'll probably be Origins, even though I've never been into AC :/

Deleted member 33761

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Anyone else having issues with their consoles just stop playing the games or failing to boot a game? I've had it happen twice with Resident Evil 7 and Dead Rising 4. I'll be playing and they freeze and I can't do anything. I've played Witcher for hours straight without a hitch. Then I just got a clear local save message. It's weird

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else having issues with their consoles just stop playing the games or failing to boot a game? I've had it happen twice with Resident Evil 7 and Dead Rising 4. I'll be playing and they freeze and I can't do anything. I've played Witcher for hours straight without a hitch. Then I just got a clear local save message. It's weird

External or Internal hard disk? If external I would try one of those games from the internal to see if its a problem with your external hard disk. Just try limiting the possibilites.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing AC Origins on my X for about a week or a little more now and good lord is this game absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely stunning on my KS8000.

The console's whisper quiet too. Really happy with the system so far.
Been indirectly following your photo journey through the Xbox community feed on the dashboard, it's a good looking game.

Side note, another game that looks real nice is Grow Up, not due to the X or anything specifically but nonetheless. That art style scales up great. Also a pretty good sequel all told. Ended up doing 1000/1000 cheevos in two sittings.

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, I'd hardly say you "need" a 1 Gb connection. I have a 70 Mb connection and as long as you aren't super impatient, it's more than doable. Downloading Assassin's Creed Origins finished overnight without any problems so even at the really large sizes of games, they don't take days and days. As long as you have a stable connection and don't need to play a game the second you hit the download button, relatively slower connections are fine.
I kind of feel like he was just bragging about having good internet for a long time. I'm 200mbit-ish these days (though like 3mbit back in 2004, lol) and it's not like XBL keeps up with that anyway. 70-130mbit when it's running well. Steam can max me out. No problem filling my X with all sorts of garbage that I'll never play.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of feel like he was just bragging about having good internet for a long time. I'm 200mbit-ish these days (though like 3mbit back in 2004, lol) and it's not like XBL keeps up with that anyway. 70-130mbit when it's running well. Steam can max me out. No problem filling my X with all sorts of garbage that I'll never play.

Yeah I'm at 220 down or something and honestly the only thing I really want is faster upload. I'm at 7 on the upside I think.

And yeah my want/need has nothing to do with gaming or the X.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Dammit

Any one else getting daily crashes from GR woodlands??

Sucks in the middle of 4v4 matches

Have it happen in other games as well just not a often although that is my most played game. Couple times a da actually

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah I'm at 220 down or something and honestly the only thing I really want is faster upload. I'm at 7 on the upside I think.

And yeah my want/need has nothing to do with gaming or the X.

200-300 is fine. I'm on 300 and I'll usually just let things download overnight or I'll start a download when I'm not home and then the game's installed. You don't need to sit there looking at a download progress bar in 2018.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm most impressed so far with Destiny 2 visually. The HDR really adds so much vibrancy to the image.

I have AC:O and Witcher 3 as well - but I have a hard time getting into those type of games so I haven't seen all they have to offer.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's one of these in the back room of Nebraska Furniture Mart for $359.

Trying to tell myself I don't need it...

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo!

I am honestly feeling spoiled with both a One X and Switch. They're both just such amazing pieces of tech. So well built.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've made my decision to start saving for a One X purchase! Rather than buying new games like Monster Hunter and Sea of Thieves, I'll save the money and focus on the games I own but still haven't played like AC: Origins and Middle Earth: Shadow of War.

I'm really hyped to join the One X bandwagon later this year and in the meantime I'll be able to try out my best bud's console. Kind of just wanted to post this as confirmation to myself that I've decided on a plan. I've been debating for quite some time as to whether or not I want the One X, or if I think I should wait for whatever comes next.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What sorta furniture mart has a heavily discounted Xbox One X in the back room? Are there a bunch of goons around with guns guarding the place?
The name is deceptive, NFM has everything. Like for real everything. Largest single retail store location in the country, I believe.

Back room is open box merchandise. so someone returned it. Everything has full manufacturer warranty though. Last month I was able to snag a 77" LG E6 OLED for $5,400. Floor model. The X1X should complement it quite nicely. =)

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The name is deceptive, NFM has everything. Like for real everything. Largest single retail store location in the country, I believe.

Back room is open box merchandise. so someone returned it. Everything has full manufacturer warranty though. Last month I was able to snag a 77" LG E6 OLED for $5,400. Floor model. The X1X should complement it quite nicely. =)

Oh cool, didn't know that. All the furniture marts around me sell old sofas and mattresses in dimly lit warehouses.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I am kind of bummed that MS didn't copy the feature where the PS4 takes a screenshot when you get a trophy.

ThirtyDegrees

Dec 9, 2017
Has anyone else's X (Scorpio) been dropping WiFi multiple times a day? Launch Xbox one never did, and none of the other devices I own drop either. I don't even know how to troubleshoot it. Selecting "Go Offline" And then "Go Online" from the Network tab let's it connect again, bu it sucks when I'm doing a NFS race and get the "youve lost connection" error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine has been doing this today.

Has anyone else had this happen recently?

The last word seems to be that it's intermittent and seems to go away on its own. I've only had the console for about 36 hours and yesterday it was fine but today I've been having random disconnects meanwhile my computer right next to the X keeps chugging along fine.

Could it be an interference issue?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Dolby Vision is an HDR standard though. Looks like the X currently doesn't support it.

Oh read it wrong. Thought you were talking about Atmos.

It won't support Dolby Vision. Neither console does because Dolby Vision requires specific hardware and licensing from Dolby to do it. That's why it's even rare on HDR TVs.

It's also why so many people are throwing in with HDR10+ because it doesn't sound like it'll be as restrictively controlled like Dolby Vision is.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
X doesn't support dolby vision (hdr 12bits), which has nothing to do with dolby atmos (hd audio format) which is supported.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Oh read it wrong. Thought you were talking about Atmos.

It won't support Dolby Vision. Neither console does because Dolby Vision requires specific hardware and licensing from Dolby to do it. That's why it's even rare on HDR TVs.

It's also why so many people are throwing in with HDR10+ because it doesn't sound like it'll be as restrictively controlled like Dolby Vision is.

At the end of the day manufacturers will throw in with any standard that doesn't involve giving Dolby any money, regardless of quality.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
At the end of the day manufacturers will throw in with any standard that doesn't involve giving Dolby any money, regardless of quality.

That's what HDR10+ seems like. It's basically Dolby Vision without the payout to Dolby. And it could be added via a FW update, as long as it doesn't require specific hardware like DV does.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
That's what HDR10+ seems like. It's basically Dolby Vision without the payout to Dolby. And it could be added via a FW update, as long as it doesn't require specific hardware like DV does.

John Archer at Forbes has covered this stuff a lot and DV is apparently available as a software-only kit, as long as the device or SoC has appropriate performance characteristics. I'm sure the console space would fit in there without issue. I think the talk about requiring specific DV hardware was early days stuff.