• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but... why is there no eject button via controller?! I spent like an hour trying to find it but then I realized there's just no way to do that. And the UI is soooo bad.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Nearly 100GB for Halo 5...dreading other games installing now. This is laughable. At least I can suck at PUBG which runs like ass. Oh it's good to be back...

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
Of the games I have installed, 14 are 50 GBs+, and the top five is:

Gears 4: 107 GB
Halo 5: 98 GB
Forza 7: 95 GB
Quantum Break: 83 GB
FF XV: 72 GB

You really need a nice and uncapped connection if you want to play some of the X enhanced games.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017

You really need a nice and uncapped connection if you want to play some of the X enhanced games.

I'll be installing Forza 7 next, then Horizon 3 for the 4K update. Sigh, best get an external.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think about how big the games were when I got my X. When I got it last week, I kicked off Halo 5, Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, CODWWI installs.

Next day I started getting pop ups that I was at 95% of my cap used on comcast. Ugh.

Deleted member 25751

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is there no way to the eject a disc using the controller similar to PS4?

I'm sorry but... why is there no eject button via controller?! I spent like an hour trying to find it but then I realized there's just no way to do that. And the UI is soooo bad.

I'm still using an old Harmony 880 universal remote for my entertainment setup and there's a discrete IR command available that will eject a disc in the console.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely probable answer : Get up and go to the console to remove the disk. So why not doing the exact same thing but press the eject button on the console at the same time ? Why the need to be able to eject the disk remotely, because anyway you're going to move close to the console at some point ? I don't even understand where's the problem, and understand even less the outrage...

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Question : what are you going to do once the disk is ejected?
I'd post a picture of how dark my home theater room is, but you wouldn't see anything. Fumbling to find that tiny eject button is a pain. It's much more convenient to handle that via controller before grabbing the disk.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I'd post a picture of how dark my home theater room is, but you wouldn't see anything. Fumbling to find that tiny eject button is a pain. It's much more convenient to handle that via controller before grabbing the disk.
I think the 360 used to have the ability to eject discs that way.
So Im suprised that the One doesnt lol.
It doesnt occur to me I guess because most of the games I play are digital.
maybe you can start up a post on userfeedback to for them to implement it

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I think the 360 used to have the ability to eject discs that way.
So Im suprised that the One doesnt lol.
It doesnt occur to me I guess because most of the games I play are digital.
maybe you can start up a post on userfeedback to for them to implement it

When I googled to find out about it, there were threads from 2014 so I'm pretty sure it's not happening.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
It's a tiny black button on a black console and still I'm perfectly able to find it in the dark. It's on the far left at the bottom and it goes out from the front panel largely enough to be found. In fact, even with light it's hard to see it but they made it very easy to touch and find.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Please can someone recommend a decent wireless headset around the £100 price?

I'm looking for the Xbox equivalent of the Sony gold wireless headset which I have for my Pro. Audio quality and comfort is my priority over surround or mic functionality etc, plenty of treble and bass.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
When I googled to find out about it, there were threads from 2014 so I'm pretty sure it's not happening.
Ahh, I mean the team has been pretty good with feedback.
Especially with smaller things like removing games with 0 gamerscore from
your profile.
It wouldnt hurt to atleast try somewhere.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

Question 2: If the room is that dark when you grab the disc, how will you read which disc you're switching to?

Xbudz

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Tony Hawk 5 runs at 1080p, 60FPS with that forced 16X AA on the X.

Actually makes this bad game playable!

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Any recommendations for games to play on game pass? Not sure what to try.
There are so many.. here are some of my recommendations...

Ninja Gaiden Black
Matilda Castilla
Jumpjet Rex
DmC
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Bayonetta
Metal Gear Solid V
Gears 4
Gears 3
Gears Ultimate Edition
Halo 5
Brothers
Sunset Overdrive
Metro Last Light Redux
Spelunky
Recore Definitive Edition
Bioshock trilogy
Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown
D4
Shantae and the Pirates Curse
Dirt Rally
Sky Force Anniversary
Guacamelee
Galaga Legions DX
Lumo
Layers of Fear
Streets of Rage trilogy

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to play the gears games in order or can you kind of do whatever with them? I just booted up 4 and no one looks familiar.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Do you have to play the gears games in order or can you kind of do whatever with them? I just booted up 4 and no one looks familiar.
I don't want to spoil Gears 4 but let's just say that if you've played the first three games then some familiarity becomes present a little later in the game, that is a really amazing surprise. It's also completely hilarious too, but I don't want to give away anything else. There is definitely continuity there, but this isn't the type of game where the story matters too much, it's all about the action.

I'd still play them in order because they're great games.

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to spoil Gears 4 but let's just say that if you've played the first three games then some familiarity becomes present a little later in the game, that is a really amazing surprise. It's also completely hilarious too, but I don't want to give away anything else. There is definitely continuity there, but this isn't the type of game where the story matters too much, it's all about the action.

I'd still play them in order because they're great games.
I've played one and two but can't remember if I played 3... Definitely didn't play judgment. I might just continue with 4 and see if I remember enough.

Lovely Salsa

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yea, you need a 1gb connection if you're going digital with x1x

My 100mb connection, which served me well since 2004, just isnt cutting it anymore

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

My 100mb connection, which served me well since 2004, just isnt cutting it anymore
You lucky dog, I can only get 12mbit adsl. Telenor and its "Old Lines". XD. There is a reason I can't buy PS4 or Xbox One, and Telenor is that reason. I would have nightmares of the One X and it's download sizes :(.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even think about how big the games were when I got my X. When I got it last week, I kicked off Halo 5, Halo MCC, Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, CODWWI installs.

Next day I started getting pop ups that I was at 95% of my cap used on comcast. Ugh.

If I lived 5 miles south I'd have comcast, thank god I have Midco which now offers 1 gig internet and no data caps for 100$ a month.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One X should be in next week. I still have my hard drive with all my game installs from my previous Xbox before I sold it. Will I be able to just plug it in and play those games without having to redownload them.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I need some assistance reconciling what is going on with some tech here:

1) Xbox One X uses HDMI which AFAIK only displays at 60hz
2) It also claims to be compatible with Freesync 2
3) Freesync 2 works with lower framerates by multiplying frames with LFC, so the actual monitor is running higher frequency range where the Freesync can do its work. So if it is getting 32fps it will double them to get 64fps and then match that.
4) But I thought monitors have to match their source? So if 1X gives a 60hz output, how can a Freesync 2 monitor have the overhead to use Freesync 2?

Last edited:

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
My Xbox One X should be in next week. I still have my hard drive with all my game installs from my previous Xbox before I sold it. Will I be able to just plug it in and play those games without having to redownload them.

Yes. The only thing you may have to worry about is updates to any game that needs one, otherwise you'll be good to go.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I need some assistance reconciling what is going on with some tech here:

1) Xbox One X uses HDMI which AFAIK only displays at 60hz
2) It also claims to be compatible with Freesync 2
3) Freesync 2 works with lower framerates by multiplying frames with LFC, so the actual monitor is running higher frequency range where the Freesync can do its work. So if it is getting 32fps it will double them to get 64fps and then match that.
4) But I thought monitors have to match their source? So if 1X gives a 60hz output, how can a Freesync 2 monitor have the overhead to use Freesync 2?
At the moment the HDMI 2.1 VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) capabilities are not patched in into the console yet. They needed to wait for the HDMI 2.1 spec finalization. I also not aware of any device that supports HDMI 2.1 on the output side of things. You have to wait for the HDMI 2.1 patch on the One X and a device that supports it to benefit from it.

Last edited:

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017

To be fair, I'd hardly say you "need" a 1 Gb connection. I have a 70 Mb connection and as long as you aren't super impatient, it's more than doable. Downloading Assassin's Creed Origins finished overnight without any problems so even at the really large sizes of games, they don't take days and days. As long as you have a stable connection and don't need to play a game the second you hit the download button, relatively slower connections are fine.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
At the moment the HDMI 2.1 VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) capabilities are not patched in into the console yet. They needed to wait for the HDMI 2.1 spec finalization. I also not ware of any device that supports HDMI 2.1 on the output side of things. You have to wait for the HDMI 2.1 patch on the One X and a device that supports it to benefit from it.
With that knowledge I just ordered one of these. No need for large display with local (or per pixel) dimming until we can also have it at least 120hz with freesync. By time the market gets there it'll probably be 4:4:4 chroma as well and we'll truly be living the perfect display dream. In the meantime I'll take 1/10th the price of a top tier for jamming all those pixels into 32" with 6-axis color control (FINALLY). It's a VA so I hope the black trail isn't too bad, but I'm on a BenQ TN right now so the color jump in itself should more than make up for it, not to mention the motion blur being fairly bad at 60hz anyway since it was designed to go 144hz.

(As a bonus, this does have 40-60fps freesync, which is what my videocard supports, so some of my PC games will benefit, although I won't be able to run them 4k)

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
To be fair, I'd hardly say you "need" a 1 Gb connection. I have a 70 Mb connection and as long as you aren't super impatient, it's more than doable. Downloading Assassin's Creed Origins finished overnight without any problems so even at the really large sizes of games, they don't take days and days. As long as you have a stable connection and don't need to play a game the second you hit the download button, relatively slower connections are fine.

Yup I have a 75/19 connection and I've had no issues. Games don't take too long to download at all.

MarsMayflower

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Finally solved my noise issue with the XB1X. I turned off the record player above it that I forgot to turn off. Whisper quiet now! Hope this fix works for anyone with a noisy unit.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah they are sure big, I'm rocking a total of 7TB of drive space now, so I'll be good for a long time.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Been playing AC Origins on my X for about a week or a little more now and good lord is this game absolutely gorgeous. Absolutely stunning on my KS8000.

The console's whisper quiet too. Really happy with the system so far.