• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
does anyone know if they're going to add more backwards compatible XBox and XBox 360 games? Also will they maybe enhance more titles for the X?g

yes
360 bc is somewhat weekly (teams on vacation right now though), og comes in batches

every month new games get added to gamepass as well so look forward to it

And uh... does game pass let you download the games or is it some weird streaming thing

download

oh, and something i like to remember every new x1 owner - grab the free phantom dust

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I won't hold my breath for enhanced Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey though. :( Ninja Gaiden Black is gonna be pretty sweet though.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

I've been playing it the last couple of days. I'm on an 1080 tv, so I can't speak for 4k. Also I have the digital version, so it's stays at a locked 30 fps. What's very interesting is NPC loading is no longer apparent. You no longer get stuck running against an invisible fellow who hasn't yet loaded. There are some issues with LOD with NPC's in large crowds, but it's nothing major.

I didn't remeber the game was so beatiful.

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does anyone have any headset recommendations for the X? I have a pair of Shure SE535 that aren't very comfortable for long term gaming, and I don't know if I want to fiddle on the couch with a portable amp for my Sennheiser HD-650's, along with a ModMic. I'm willing to sacrifice sound quality for convenience in this case. So many of these gamer headsets look atrocious.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have any headset recommendations for the X? I have a pair of Shure SE535 that aren't very comfortable for long term gaming, and I don't know if I want to fiddle on the couch with a portable amp for my Sennheiser HD-650's, along with a ModMic. I'm willing to sacrifice sound quality for convenience in this case. So many of these gamer headsets look atrocious.

Hyper X all you need.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
What? If you can launch PUBG then you have the 4K updates. There isn't anything to download. The updates were just part of the general patches. Everyone got them. You wouldn't be able to launch the game if it wasn't updated.

Any game you download from the store would already have any updates installed. PUBG for example would already have the 4k patch when you buy and download the game.

Ok, I found out something. The games do not update automatically as I thought. The 4K patches will first download when you start up the game(s).

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wouldn't necessarily rule out any enhancements to Xbox 360 first party games, particularly if they can get The Heutchy Method to work on them.

I think it depends on how "easy" it is to do. I know for halo3, a lot of the "Enhancements" were stuff the game already supported. It was build that way. I dont think MS will go out of their way for 360 games if they require a lot of work.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it depends on how "easy" it is to do. I know for halo3, a lot of the "Enhancements" were stuff the game already supported. It was build that way. I dont think MS will go out of their way for 360 games if they require a lot of work.
No doubt. The Heutchy method has it's limitations on how effective it can be on a 360 game depending upon how the game was initially designed.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
Ok ok, I know I spam a lot, but this is the last question. Does Netflix not show 4K content when you have a 1080p TV? I was hoping 4K from Netflix would downsample too, but everything is HD and when I search, the content that is supposed to be 4K is still only HD in the app.

TeeWhy

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I found out something. The games do not update automatically as I thought. The 4K patches will first download when you start up the game(s).

That depends on your settings. All of my games have updated on their own. Only when I try start one before it has a chance to update itself do I have to wait. But I have instant on, and have the console set to update automatically.

TeeWhy

Oct 27, 2017
And if you're paying for 4K Netflix too. It doesn't give you 4K unless you're paying extra.

And my console arrives tomorrow! Anything I need to know/do in preparation? Any advice?

Are you a current XB1 owner? If so, move all your games to an external drive. Then getting your games the new device is as simple as plug and play.

Alebrije

Oct 27, 2017
And if you're paying for 4K Netflix too. It doesn't give you 4K unless you're paying extra.

And my console arrives tomorrow! Anything I need to know/do in preparation? Any advice?

Get AC origins if you have 4K HDR tv

BLyWJiti77n7wbYJx9Yp3jvFkmwpoKp_xCfHHrXW6anR_SyXByJg849XxhBWQ-iD8iH6OO60dgCUFaQQlWGOAG1EXGZ4MHdd5KSQnKQYxATHAw=w500-h250-nc

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Are you a current XB1 owner? If so, move all your games to an external drive. Then getting your games the new device is as simple as plug and play.

Sadly, I already sold my XBO and wiped it but I don't have many games, just Cuphead/Forza Horizon 2/3, Halo 5 and Tomb Raider. Looking for game recommendations I guess, Forza 7 and PUBG came with the deal but looking at Gears 4 too. Actually have the collection there too, 1/2/3.

Get AC origins if you have 4K HDR tv

BLyWJiti77n7wbYJx9Yp3jvFkmwpoKp_xCfHHrXW6anR_SyXByJg849XxhBWQ-iD8iH6OO60dgCUFaQQlWGOAG1EXGZ4MHdd5KSQnKQYxATHAw=w500-h250-nc

Haha, I have an OLED. It's £35! We'll see. I mean, I've only ever played Black Flag and wasn't a fan personally!

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
So why does the Xbox One UI mess with downloads the way it does now? I'll have something downloading and it'll be say 70% done. I'll check back later and it's not done because something else from the queu was started and it was put back into the queue. I don't get it.

TeeWhy

Oct 27, 2017

I got a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's for Xmas, and they are great. You do need to use a cord to connect those, too. I chose them over the Plantronics Rig 800XL's, which are XB1 specific, because I wanted a lighter and better sounding set for listening to music on my iPhone.

backbeat-pro-2-black-detail.png

VincentMatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Enable network transfers if your upgrading from an older xbox. Will save you a ton of time.

edit: or just plug your old xbox in the new one and do it that way.

EricTheCleric

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
You download the games from Game Pass. Also, more BC games will be coming for Xbox and Xbox 360, just a matter of time. Before the new year, we would see some added every week or every other week.
2019 is quite a way ahead in time so that will be quite a lot of games. What was the BC and enhanced release tempo in 2017?

Soony Xbone Uhh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2's for Xmas, and they are great. You do need to use a cord to connect those, too. I chose them over the Plantronics Rig 800XL's, which are XB1 specific, because I wanted a lighter and better sounding set for listening to music on my iPhone.

backbeat-pro-2-black-detail.png

Damn do they look sexy.
Sadly Plantronics are hard to find in Europe.
I like the Alcantara on the bottom of the strap.
This cheap thin synthetic leather is not really durable and unlike the ear pads you can't just change that part

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada

Well I using Astro a40 tr's with the mix amp pro. They are wired but they are great so far and super comfortable. The a50s are wireless.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up some B&O H6 headphones for use with the X. I don't care about a mic, and I wanted something I could use with Switch, PS4, X, and for any iPad / music needs. These are pretty awesome so far but still breaking them in.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah AC looks great downsampled also. With how great the games look on a 1080p screen my rush to have a 4K asap has been slowed down abit. Now waiting for a more of a pricedrop overall.

00f1f033-c128-40ce-a0tqsh2.png

m23

Oct 25, 2017
2019 is quite a way ahead in time so that will be quite a lot of games. What was the BC and enhanced release tempo in 2017?

We only got I think 4 enhanced games that were BC (Halo 3, Oblivion, etc). In terms of games being added to BC throughout last year, it wasn't very consistent. Some weeks we would get 2 games, some 4, some weeks none. The schedule of release was Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
If you plug iPhone headphones into the controller you'll hear an awful buzzing noise until you turn down the mic volume in the options.

Holograms

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hyper X all you need.

Well I using Astro a40 tr's with the mix amp pro. They are wired but they are great so far and super comfortable. The a50s are wireless.

Thanks everyone. I will look into these.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I would appreciate if someone could try this for me?
If you go to the preferences option in the settings menu and try the Xbox notifications in the notifications menu. If I turn the Looking For Group option all off and notify on posts from no-one, the Looking For Group still stays on.
Shouldn't it turn to off? Is this a bug?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
My Plantronics Rig 800LX delivered today. So far so good.

Fully Wireless (small usb dongle) and sound clear and amazing with Atmos code included.

Why did I waste all that money on Astros I have no clue.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah AC looks great downsampled also. With how great the games look on a 1080p screen my rush to have a 4K asap has been slowed down abit. Now waiting for a more of a pricedrop overall.

00f1f033-c128-40ce-a0tqsh2.png
As someone who didn't wait for their 4K tv and played through nearly all of AC Origins in 1080p before Christmas.. I made a huge mistake.

The clarity and level of detail difference between downsampled 1080 and 4K for this game is astounding. Don't slouch on that upgrade.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else had the fan spin up for a few seconds?

I was playing AC:O, and as normal, the console was silent, then out of nowhere the fan spun up, quite fast, for a few seconds then stopped.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I was playing AC:O, and as normal, the console was silent, then out of nowhere the fan spun up, quite fast, for a few seconds then stopped.
I think it just does that randomly to get some hit air out. Mine does it every so often but I never really noticed certain it because it's so infrequently.

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah thats normal. Took weeks for me to notice the console actually makes a noise. Gave me a surprised when I had paused a game. For me ive noticed this mostly with AC:O and Wolfenstein 2.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it just does that randomly to get some hit air out. Mine does it every so often but I never really noticed certain it because it's so infrequently.

Yeah thats normal. Took weeks for me to notice the console actually makes a noise. Gave me a surprised when I had paused a game. For me ive noticed this mostly with AC:O and Wolfenstein 2.

Excellent, thanks, as long as it's normal!!