• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I got a set of Turtle Beach Stealth 600's as a birthday present earlier today (I already have the Lucid Sound headphones preordered but they were delayed until March, once I get them I plan on giving the Stealth 600's to my cousin), and all issues with the headphones themselves aside (as they are not the best out there) can I really NOT do either of the following things with wireless headphones...
  1. Adjust the output volume for the headphones at all????
  2. Automatically mute the sound from my receiver once the headphones are turned on? To clarify if there is any confusion, when the headphones are on the sound is still outputting through my home theater receiver.
I can live with 2 as I suppose I can just turn the volume down to 0 on my receiver (still seems really odd to me it would not mute all sound out except through the headphones), but not being able to change the output volume to the headphones seems bonkers to me.

Also while I am on the topic, is the upgrade to Dolby Atmos for $12 worth it? I am currently trying the 30 day trial for free but so far I am not sure if I see any major difference between using it and Windows Sonic for Headphones. I am imagining the quality or lack thereof for the TB's has something to do with it, and it may be worth it once I get the Lucid's, but I did expect to be able to hear somewhat of a difference.

With the wireless headphones that direct connect to the Xbox, no, you cannot adjust the volume through the console. Just the volume adjustment on the headphone directly.

As for Windows Sonic vs Atmos, its subtle but I consistently preferred the Dolby Atmos headphone mix compared to Windows Sonic so I paid the $15. It you're struggling to justify $12 for the codec, then pass. Its not a huge difference either way. The TB's are good enough to hear the difference between what the Windows Sonic pushes compared to Atmos. Moving up the Lucid's when they're released isn't going to change that in an appreciable way.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Thank you both. Yes the problem was that I was not using HDMI input 4 which is the only input that supports HDCP 2.2. Once I connected it to HDMI input 4 on my TV the Ultra HD Blu Ray played. Now it looks like I'll be going through with my Denon AVR-X2400H purchase after all, given my current AVR does not support HDCP 2.2 so when I put that back in the middle I'm back to them not playing. Oh well, I had planned on upgrading my AVR anyway. Thanks Kaieivindm for even looking up the model of my TV and listing the correct Input. Extra effort. I'll update my Xbox forum later. Unfortunate my TV is still not right with having 4:4:4 and HDCP 2.2 on separate inputs...and no HDR...

Only happy to help :) Good luck with your Denon AVR purchase, its an awesome AVR.
Just a pro tip, you have to enable TV Format 4K Enhanced in that AVR for have 4K pasthrough and HDR/Dolby Vision.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and MAN is it a huge upgrade over even the Pro while playing with enriched visuals and HDR

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I didn't notice the packet in the bottom of the box with the Xbox Live and Games Pass codes when I set up the console. :0

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I accept that Ghost Recon Wildlands is probably infinitely more fun with friends, but is it a feasible game to play alone? I'm kinda eyeballing it on the sale right now and love the free Predator event (Predator is my favorite "movie monster" of all time). It also appears to be one of the better X enhancement patches.

I generally do enjoy Tom Clancy games, but I have avoided Wildlands, largely due to not having anyone to play with — but alas, I have never really asked if the game is playable (and enjoyable) solo.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I accept that Ghost Recon Wildlands is probably infinitely more fun with friends, but is it a feasible game to play alone? I'm kinda eyeballing it on the sale right now and love the free Predator event (Predator is my favorite "movie monster" of all time). It also appears to be one of the better X enhancement patches.

I generally do enjoy Tom Clancy games, but I have avoided Wildlands, largely due to not having anyone to play with — but alas, I have never really asked if the game is playable (and enjoyable) solo.

I'm in the same boat, love Tom Clancy games but avoided this one as it seems built for co-op. I saw it for £20 on Amazon and CeX, just purchased the game in store and I'm installing now. Will keep you posted. I have heard others saying solo with the AI is fine...we'll see.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I've played it on PS4 and while I think it's enjoyable enough I definitely found it much less so solo. The AI isn't particularly good (or I suppose bad) and the side missions get very repetitive very quickly. Having said that it is honestly excellent fun co-op (especially friends vs PuGs), and I can't deny I'm tempted to pick it up simply to see the difference with the X enhancements and the clubs/LfG in XBL.

It's hard to say TBH, I'd say it really depends on your tolerance for "open worldness". Sorry to be so vague :)

I'm in the same boat, love Tom Clancy games but avoided this one as it seems built for co-op. I saw it for £20 on Amazon and CeX, just purchased the game in store and I'm installing now. Will keep you posted. I have heard others saying solo with the AI is fine...we'll see.

You're in the Era Club aren't you Newlove? I may take the plunge myself if we can get a group going sometimes, I honestly found trying to go through the game totally alone was a bit of a slog.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017

It is perfectly feasible in solo, in fact it's even easier than in coop as your teammates have laser eyes and can shot any target you show them. It's fun but can be clearly a bit repetitive in solo. You can perfectly go through the entire game alone and still have fun.

Of course playing in coop makes it completely different because there's nothing funnier than playing ultra stealth, and having one of your friends fire while he completely forget that he doesn't have his suppressor equipped, waking up 20 ennemies that where sleeping just close to you :)

And this is definitively one of the best X patch to date. The world is full of details and things to do.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Just caved in and bought The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition on sale, after hearing about the great Xbox One X Enhanced patch. I have never played the game, despite hearing so many good things about it and am so excited to dive into Geralt's journey. Has anyone tried it on the console? Does it support HDR? It's currently downloading.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just caved in and bought The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition on sale, after hearing about the great Xbox One X Enhanced patch. I have never played the game, despite hearing so many good things about it and am so excited to dive into Geralt's journey. Has anyone tried it on the console? Does it support HDR? It's currently downloading.

Buckle in, you're about to embark upon one of the greatest experiences gaming has to offer! My suggestions would be to turn off Points of Interest, as they can be kind of overwhelming especially in the beginning of the game, and to just soak in the world/story, and give the combat controls some time to settle in.

Yes, it supports HDR.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I spent about 50% of my 300+ hours in solo (other 50% in co-op) and its perfectly fun to do it alone. It's a big world with a lot of ways to get around. You will probably know early on if you enjoy the gameplay loop. It repeats a lot, typically with only small variation. I had fun coming up with my own ways to take down bases. Imposing my own rules etc.

The gunplay is great, the Xbox One X patch is awesome, they've fixed a lot since launch too.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Buckle in, you're about to embark upon one of the greatest experiences gaming has to offer! My suggestions would be to turn off Points of Interest, as they can be kind of overwhelming especially in the beginning of the game, and to just soak in the world/story, and give the combat controls some time to settle in.

Yes, it supports HDR.

That is great! I have yet to get engrossed in an HDR game on the system, despite having a PS4 Pro for the last couple months. Your suggestions are great I will turn off the points of interest, and get soaked in the lore. Are there any other control schemes? I am curious.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway

I have spent the last weeks going through it Solo, all the missions, tried once co-op to take down Predator... ended up with taking him my self. I actually think the game is as fun both ways, but it can get a bit repetative if you dont make it your own agenda to skew a bit away from it.

All in all, fun game to play, tons of action, and I kinda think the story movies and findings was very nicely done.

Oh and Predator was really fun addition to the game.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I need some help with capturing 4K HDR footage from the Xbox One X and uploading it to YouTube.

The file I've captured plays just fine on my TV, but upon uploading it on YouTube the colors became all washed out and HDR doesn't activate at all. Do you have any tips to work around this issue?

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Company I work for sent out $100 gift cards as Christmas present and Best Buy offering PUGB + $50 GC

I caved...gonna pick it up tonigh

Pretty excited

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Guys please help me out.

I'm considering getting witcher 3. Especially now it had a great x patch. However, i tried witcher 2 on xbox 360 and just never got into it. I found it a little boring. It seemed to have quite a steep learning curve with the menu system and the curses? (Cant remember what they were called lol).

Is witcher 3 more of the same or better? I really like skyrim. And in feeling guilty coz i aint finished that (have it on ps4 pro) so should i just stick with that?

I feel witcher 3 is this generations skyrim so will i miss out on a lot by not getting it?

Dec 15, 2017
Hi all
I'm facing some issues with my Xbox One X Blu-ray player, every once in a while it stops reading discs and the console freezer, or it has problems shutting down.
After that, my discs cannot be read until many shutdowns.
I tried factory resets multiple times, no external hdd connected but the problem occurs randomly.
Digital games work like a charm, I was wandering if this could be a sw issue that could be solved in future updates.
Is any of you in my same boat?

Thanks for any help

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Guys please help me out.

I'm considering getting witcher 3. Especially now it had a great x patch. However, i tried witcher 2 on xbox 360 and just never got into it. I found it a little boring. It seemed to have quite a steep learning curve with the menu system and the curses? (Cant remember what they were called lol).

Is witcher 3 more of the same or better? I really like skyrim. And in feeling guilty coz i aint finished that (have it on ps4 pro) so should i just stick with that?

I feel witcher 3 is this generations skyrim so will i miss out on a lot by not getting it?

Well, I'm somewhat ambivalent on the game, its certainly beautiful and I imagine the X patch is even more so, I found it improved on Witcher 2 certainly in terms of combat, quest design is great and second to none.
Having said that I found the menu system tedious and while the quests were better than others in the genre I didn't find the same amount of distracting world building "fluff" I've found in Bethesda games outside of those quests, (kinda sorta, hard to describe). Also while it's better than 2, I find the combat less that satisfying.

I have heard though that playing it on lower difficulty and removing the breadcrumb trail and Points of Interest improve the experience greatly.

It's still an excellent game, I put many hours into it and I'd say it one of the best games of the generation no doubt. Personally not being a fan of the "fantasy" genre in general and the combat and menus specifically, I found it easy to put it to one side, and forget about it. I appreciate I'm probably in the minority though.

Sorry, my opinion is a bit "fence-sitty" and worthless, feeling in an infuriating mood tonight. :)

Last edited:

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm somewhat ambivalent on the game, its certainly beautiful and I imagine the X patch is even more so, I found it improved on Witcher 2 certainly in terms of combat, quest design is great and second to none.
Having said that I found the menu system tedious and while the quests were better than others in the genre I didn't find the same amount of distracting world building "fluff" I've found in Bethesda games outside of those quests, (kinda sorta, hard to describe). Also while it's better than 2, I find the combat less that satisfying.

I have heard though that playing it on lower difficulty and removing the breadcrumb trail and Points of Interest improve the experience greatly.

It's still an excellent game, I put many hours into it and I'd say it one of the best games of the generation no doubt. Personally not being a fan of the "fantasy" genre in general and the combat and menus specifically, I found it easy to put it to one side, and forget about it. I appreciate I'm probably in the minority though.

Sorry, my opinion is a bit "fence-sitty" and worthless, feeling in an infuriating mood tonight. :)

No thats great input. Thank you for the feedback.

Any other skyrim fans with an opinion on witcher 3 for me? I know its cheap but money is tight for me just now :(

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
So, is an external HDD as fast as the internal Xbox One X HDD?

I've got a WD 4TB drive and am wanting to fill up the console first.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No thats great input. Thank you for the feedback.

Any other skyrim fans with an opinion on witcher 3 for me? I know its cheap but money is tight for me just now :(

No worries, I'm just aware my feelings may not match the majority. As someone who has played a lot of the Bethesda RPG's (and who was severely disappointed with Fallout 4), with my hand on my heart I would say I'd rather start Skyrim afresh on my XboneX than Witcher 3 despite the fact that on paper it's probably the "lesser" game.

It's there a list for current digital Xbox game sales?

5th post in this thread Tunesmith.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Annoying. For some reason, I have suddenly started getting random controller disconnects. Any idea how to fix?

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I changed my settings to 1080p but allowing 4K games/apps and that fixed the stupid issue with my TV's picture setting going haywire and going dark with all the switching between 4K, 4K HDR, etc.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
Hi all
I'm facing some issues with my Xbox One X Blu-ray player, every once in a while it stops reading discs and the console freezer, or it has problems shutting down.
After that, my discs cannot be read until many shutdowns.
I tried factory resets multiple times, no external hdd connected but the problem occurs randomly.
Digital games work like a charm, I was wandering if this could be a sw issue that could be solved in future updates.
Is any of you in my same boat?

Thanks for any help

Sounds like an isolated incident and a console issue. I would go to the store and ask them to hand you a new one.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is it possible to copy complete games to your Hdd so i dont have to use discs no more? I remember 360 had this option or something like that.

360 never had that option, I don't think?

It allowed you to copy the disc to your hard drive for faster loading, etc but you still had to have the disc in the drive to prove you purchased the game (and not just used it to install on there before selling it or giving it away, etc). Nowadays both the PS4 and XBOX One install the full games on there anyway when you put the disc in so the disc is again just used for proof of ownership.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Doing set up on my new One X now!

When can I plug in my external HD (which has all my games/settings from OG One)? I'm downloading updates now.

Last edited:

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Doing set up on my new One X now!

When can I plug in my external HD (which has all my games/settings from OG One)? I'm downloading updates now.
Pretty sure I had mine plugged in from the start. It took the settings and stuff from there, and I didn't have to do anything. Xbox started up and it was just like I was playing my old Xbox One S. :)

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Crap oh well I just went through everything.
Aw dam, lol. They're MIGHT be a setting to restore settings from your External somewhere in the System or Storage Settings, but I'm not sure. Enjoy the X though! It's an amazing step up in so many games. It's been totally worth it to me.

P.S. Bears are awesome. :D

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Xbox One X. How do I deactivate my regular Xbox One as my primary console? Or when I login as this console and activate as primary will it automatically deactivate that one?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any decent looking, free X enhanced games? Only one I know of is Fortnite Battle Royale

Download the FREE Hitman. It is a portion of the game that they give you for FREE and damn does it look amazing. I cant remember the full name of the FREE version, but if you search Hitman you should be able to find it.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
So, I've noticed a high-pitched whine that is constant and slight whenever I have a game going. It's definitely coming from my One X Scorpio Edition and only when I have a game running. I'm all digital, so no disc drive. I've searched the internet but can't find anything on it. Anybody heard of this? Is it normal?