• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I have a strict NAT type out of nowhere and these options I've never seen before have me choose a port on the One X. Is there anymore information on this or how to do it.

Make sure you have UPnP checked on your router. Typically the port for Xbox is 3074 I think, but the new service allows that to be changed Incase you have more than one Xbox on your network (like me) to avoid port or NAT issues.

If UPnP is activated already then go to advanced network xbox tab and then click MAC address. You will see something that says reset Mac address or clear Mac address or something similar. Click clear or reset, and it will ask to restart your Xbox. Click yes and then recheck your NAT when your Xbox comes back up

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question. Got an XBO X on Saturday and COD WW2. Do all games require massive downloads, even if you have the disk? What's the point of the disk then? WW2 had a 40+ GB download, which all but destroyed my slow 15Mbps internet for hours.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh, I was at the end of the last page - just for visibility of the question:

Got an Xbox (an S but whatever, hoping for a hardware upgrade program next year) - I have a question though: Can I redeem US game codes on a German Xbox Account? Or will that be a problem?
Can I play physical games I buy from the US on an EU system?

Seems like the best thread to ask, since there are so many Xbox users active atm.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I was at the end of the last page - just for visibility of the question:

Got an Xbox (an S but whatever, hoping for a hardware upgrade program next year) - I have a question though: Can I redeem US game codes on a German Xbox Account? Or will that be a problem?
Can I play physical games I buy from the US on an EU system?

Seems like the best thread to ask, since there are so many Xbox users active atm.

I think that all the Xbox One games and codes are region free but in any case you can change your region on the fly just from the console settings, redeem in another region and then go back, this also works if you want to buy content that is not available in your region (mostly for some X360 games and add-ons)

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think that all the Xbox One games and codes are region free but in any case you can change your region on the fly just from the console settings, redeem in another region and then go back, this also works if you want to buy content that is not available in your region (mostly for some X360 games and add-ons)

Perfect, thanks!

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have a question. Got an XBO X on Saturday and COD WW2. Do all games require massive downloads, even if you have the disk? What's the point of the disk then? WW2 had a 40+ GB download, which all but destroyed my slow 15Mbps internet for hours.
Get used to it. There are day 1 patches and there are Xbox One X higher quality patches for some games you need to download after the disk install. Another reason I went digital as I had to download the stuff anyway.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is unfortunately very common. It's worse for games with big multiplayer components because they know you're taking it online so feel safe dumping enormous patches on you.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who already has an original XBox One, a decent gaming PC and a new 4K TV, is it worth upgrading to the X if I want a good 4K blu ray player? I also have a PS4 Pro.

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just the patches but installing to HDD allows games to load faster, have data streaming for no load times in open world games, and for the console itself slower spinning disk drives are cheaper and have less that can go wrong.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
My Xbox One X is slated to arrive at my place on Wednesday. I currently have a 3TB external that I use for all of my games. Is moving everything over as simple as plugging the external drive into the Xbox One X (after completing setup) or are there other steps I'll need to take?

TRios Zen

Oct 25, 2017
My Xbox One X is slated to arrive at my place on Wednesday. I currently have a 3TB external that I use for all of my games. Is moving everything over as simple as plugging the external drive into the Xbox One X (after completing setup) or are there other steps I'll need to take?
Yes, that is correct. Plug in your external to your new One X and everything should work. Couple things you *could* do if you choose to: You could download the 4K assets for any game you currently have that supports that AND/OR you could copy your Xbox one settings over so to your external drive so that when you plug it in, all settings will match what you have now.

Both of these options are in the "settings" menu. Enjoy your new console!

Blu10

Oct 27, 2017

This works for everything except buying as a gift for someone in another region, which I found out over the weekend. Evidently if you buys as a gift in the Xbox store for someone in another region they cannot use the code even if they switch their region. All in all, super lame.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that is correct. Plug in your external to your new One X and everything should work. Couple things you *could* do if you choose to: You could download the 4K assets for any game you currently have that supports that AND/OR you could copy your Xbox one settings over so to your external drive so that when you plug it in, all settings will match what you have now.

Both of these options are in the "settings" menu. Enjoy your new console!
Awesome, thanks for the intel!

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you have to wait for a certain length of time before you can switch back to your old region (30 days, IIRC). At least this used to be the case a while back. I'm not sure if it's still part of the policy.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you have to wait for a certain length of time before you can switch back to your old region (30 days, IIRC). At least this used to be the case a while back. I'm not sure if it's still part of the policy.

No, that is if you migrate your account. You have always been able to switch your xbox one back and forth all you want

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think so. I just changed the region to check some BF deals and went back a couple of minutes ago. What I remember is that for X360 you needed to migrate the account and that has restrictions, here you just change your console region.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to jump in with the digital sale-price for Mass Effect. It's been probably six (more?) years since I gave that a full playthrough. Having performance smoothed out in that version will be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Heya ERA people. When it comes to 5.1 music, does the Xbox One X have any options? Spotify just seems to do the 3D audio thing, not true 5.1. What are my options?

Thanks!

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody help me, what color depth and space should I have for Xbox One X and TCL s405?

Currently have 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) and Standard. Just wanted to make sure those seem like the right ones to use.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Haven't played Forza 7 on the X yet, had AC Origins in the drive since I got the system. Just put in Forza 7 and OH MY GOD. That's like a generational leap right there. It's amazing.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Can anybody help me, what color depth and space should I have for Xbox One X and TCL s405?

Currently have 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) and Standard. Just wanted to make sure those seem like the right ones to use.

It's an 8bit panel, so you should set it on that. Nobody gain anything with the 10bit colour

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's epic in 4k you won't be disappointed! I couldn't believe how good it looked, makes me want many many more nature programs done with such excellent production values

You are in for quite a treat!

you're about to be blown away

It will mealy your eyes, it's the best physical media I have ever watched in my life as far as PQ

Holy shit you guys weren't kidding.

I'm in awe at how good this thing looks, exceeded my expectations by A LOT.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Age of 42 and not owned a gaming headset for years.
Just got the rig 800xl with atmos and omg what a difference. Hearing sounds never heard before especially in Ac:O and destiny 2.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It's epic in 4k you won't be disappointed! I couldn't believe how good it looked, makes me want many many more nature programs done with such excellent production values

Planet Earth and Blue Planet both look amazing , even on regular blue ray.

Blue Planet 2 is on UHD Blu Ray in december

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the rig 800xl with atmos and omg what a difference. Hearing sounds never heard before especially in Ac:O and destiny 2.

Does Atmos really work well? I've heard it can make the sound seem "tiny," which I've experienced with pretty much all virtual surround solutions from Sound Blaster's SBX to the Sony Gold Headset surround feature.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

I just bought those the other day as well and they are very good. I had the same experience, hearing things that I normally would not hear.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
Playstation Gold wireless Headset works with the X, right? Decent audio quality?

I have it on my Xbox One, and they work really well. Never tried wireless though (alsways wired to the controller).
On Neogaf I created a thread about it, and many people pointed to me that the build quality is... suspicious. It looks cheap indeed, but mine is like first day to be honest.

Oct 26, 2017
I have it on my Xbox One, and they work really well. Never tried wireless though (alsways wired to the controller).
On Neogaf I created a thread about it, and many people pointed to me that the build quality is... suspicious. It looks cheap indeed, but mine is like first day to be honest.

Okay thanks for pointing this out because i forgot to clarify:

Does it work wirelessly with the X?

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
By far my most hated thing about the Xbox One. Every game takes like an hour minimum before I can play it, even with the disc. Install times + patches..blegh I hate that this is normal on modern day consoles.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
By far my most hated thing about the Xbox One. Every game takes like an hour minimum before I can play it, even with the disc. Install times + patches..blegh I hate that this is normal on modern day consoles.

Its definitely a deal breaker for modern consoles for some people. I lived in the past on a closed neighbourhood where best ISP offered 3mbps... ridiculous, even downloading games for 360 was impossible. I was able to workaround the issue because I brought my box to the office, where we have 1000Mbps, but for sure this is not the case for anyone.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, no argument on that one. Something that has plagued the Xbox One Family of consoles since the beginning.

Yea with me coming from the PS4, its very jarring just how much slower they are on XB.
The other thing I don't like is the UI, but I've slowly gotten used to it I guess.
I thought they were exaggerated but it lame as hell when I switch between PS4 and X1X.

Embrace digital... digital is life..
I guess.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder whats taking some of these patches so long. Witcher, skyrim, and fallout. Just a few of the big ones im waiting for are still
Mia despite getting ps4 pro support