• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Really? I have to look into that. Thanks.
It's listed twice on Xbox's official Enhancement list: "available now" for "Darksiders 1" and "in development" for "Darksiders 1 Warmastered." Unless I've been living under a rock, isn't Warmastered the only current gen version?

I'm gonna go with there's no enhancements.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pretty close to buying a digital copy this weekend. I'm a little concerned about how long there will be a viable online community for it though.

I was skeptical at first, so bought it from a store that allows 1 week returns. I didn't even play the demo (heck, I hadn't even heard of Onrush until this week). It's the most fun game I've played this year. Right now I'm absolutely exhausted from a day of physical labour but I'm wide awake playing it online. Matchmaking on Xbox is incredibly quick, literally a few seconds.

I really enjoy racers, especially arcade ones (Forza Horizon 3 was my favourite), but always burn out on them because of the repetitive nature. This is where Onrush shines. It's not about getting to the finish line, it's instead objective based.

It's like they combined the best features of 90's arcade racers, burnout, NFS, Forza Horizon, and Overwatch (team based but accessibility for casuals).

I posted in the Onrush OT that I'm baffled it's not getting more conversation. If there's DLC one day, this will be my first xbox game I buy DLC/season pass for.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
That's a damned good question and I would absolutely put that information in the OP. However, I've not seen much talk about it around here. I think Rainbow Six supports 120Hz, but I don't know of any others.

That's the only one I've heard as well. I believe it's only in Terrorist Hunt though that it runs unlocked, and hits around 80fps. MP itself is locked to 60.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
im sure that this has been brought up before, and i mentioned it in a recent GTA thread, but its a crime that GTA V hasn't gotten the X Enhanced treatment.

ive only played the 360 version until this recent sale and its a great looking game art direction wise, but technically it really suffers from not being enhanced, and i can just image how great it would look with 4k/HDR.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I've got a lot of work ahead of me with all of these great E3 announcements! However...
Below you will find an exhaustive list of all currently released titles that feature enhancements, across all 3 generations of Xbox.

Prey has a new update hoping for 4k enhanced
Please and thank you, Arkane Studios. I loved my play through of Prey and am giddy about the announcement of a New Game+ mode, but if there's an X Enhancement patch I'm dropping my PS4 copy for the X1X and starting over from scratch.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
u6x7R1w_d.jpg

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
It looks like the original Prey base edition is still on the store for $40 and doesn't say enhanced, while the new Prey Digital Deluxe (which is also $40 and includes the DLC) does say enhanced. Weird. Anyhow, i just bought the new Digital Deluxe version so i'll find out soon enough how sharp it looks.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So after buying the deluxe edition, it looks like you can only download the DLC. Even after a reboot, the base game doesn't show up in my ready to install list.

Well bummer. I thought i was going to be able to jump in tonight.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Despite this being advertised as 4K on Xbox.com it's actually rendering at 1080p with some text at 4K. This is not okay and goes against Microsoft's 4K markerting (which requires it to be native, dynamic or checkerboard, this is none.)

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
This is not okay and goes against Microsoft's 4K markerting (which requires it to be native, dynamic or checkerboard, this is none.)
Where are you getting this idea from? Microsoft's marketing is very transparent. Microsoft labels games "4K Ultra HD" if they are in 2160p/c/dyn, "Xbox One X Enhanced" if they offer any updates over the base Xbox One version, and "HDR" if they have HDR10.

EDIT
Sorry, I misread your post. I see what you're saying, it should be listed as "Xbox One X Enhanced."

Yoday

Apr 8, 2018
Prey is definitely enhanced. It looks higher than 1080p, let alone the 900p that it was on XBO. I watched the DF analysis of the Pro patch for an idea of what to look out for, and from what I can tell the higher quality shadows, reflections, and texture filtering are all in place as well. I also only have the standard version.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Some comparison shots of PREY. Feels better performance wise as well. Hover to change.
Without a doubt, there's a resolution increase. Check the patio guard railings, TV, and left-most blind for evidence of stair-stepping becoming minimized. I'd argue there's a better form of texture filtering going on, too, which would be an easy one, since that's one of the updates the PS4 Pro got.

However, you're pictures are quite compressed, so it's making a pixel count tough.

Here's what the PS4 Pro's additions where. Should provide other effects to look out for:
  • Enable Screen-Space Reflections
  • Higher quality shadows
  • Improved texture appearance
  • More texture memory (stable streaming)
  • Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
  • Improved visual fidelity
  • Less LOD usage
  • Dynamic lights show up further
  • Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect
  • Particle refraction enabled

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Some comparison shots of PREY. Feels better performance wise as well. Hover to change.

This was from the disc version as well, no DLC purchased.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115163/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115163/picture:1

OBfBqAB.jpg
35Cowrx.jpg
KcHu4dr.jpg
mpvJTd5.jpg

Certainly is, just downloaded those 2 images and there's a definite change between the two. Pretty weak X enhancement though, looks like it goes from sub 1080p to 1080p (although they are compressed). Interested to know exactly what it is they've done.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This was from the disc version as well, no DLC purchased.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115163/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115163/picture:1

OBfBqAB.jpg
35Cowrx.jpg
KcHu4dr.jpg
mpvJTd5.jpg
Look at the countertop. Look at the TV. The standard version has a cubemap reflection which is pretty inaccurate. The X version has a screen space reflection. Those reflections HUGELY add to the game's overall feel, and it's great to see them.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The scene lighting is significantly different. That's likely due to improved directional occlusion quality. (Notice how the sunlight looks on the ceiling compared to vanilla.) Shadows are improved. LoDs are improved. Looks like a resolution boost on top of that. (Could be dynamic. The PC version has just added a dynamic resolution setting.) Filtering seems better. Screen space reflections are now present. Not sure if they're full resolution or half.

I've never understood people who say the Pro enhancements for Prey were "barely noticable" compared to the vanilla version and stuff like that. How can you fail to notice A COMPLETE ABSENCE OF REFLECTIONS IN A GAME DOMINATED BY REFLECTIVE SURFACES? Essentially every scene in Prey relies heavily upon screen space reflections. It was pretty clearly designed around them, aesthetically.

Wonder what framerate the game is running at on X? I'm gonna assume 30, but you never know.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Woohoo I've been holding off on playing Prey for months now. I started the game but never got deep in, then started to wait for an X update. Almost gave up hope then rumours of an expansion / DLC started hitting so I stuck to waiting. Finally paid off :D

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there was no mention of the MCC from Microsoft at e3 regarding the X patch. What's the ETA on its release again?

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
It's 100% tentative and unproven, but, damn, it feels so good to put Prey in the list! I can't overstate how much I love this game (and, well, all of Arkane's games since Dishonored).