• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I'd chalk it up as a fluke, but I do think the OP should be updated with "minor dips."
It should be expected that most games which got full-on 4k res from 1080p would end up with a similar performance profile.

4 times the power. 4 times the pixels. Should be about the same performance (even if X1X may be slightly more powerful overall than 4 times due to GDDR5 and other optimizations).

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
It should be expected that most games which got full-on 4k res from 1080p would end up with a similar performance profile.

4 times the power. 4 times the pixels. Should be about the same performance (even if X1X may be slightly more powerful overall than 4 times due to GDDR5 and other optimizations).
I didn't get to Cities: Skylines until it came out on GamePass, so I was very much spoiled by the additional resources X provides to base games. Not that I'm complaining about 4K! Like I said, I very much appreciate the resolution increase for this title. It's been especially helpful when looking at my city from faraway.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I hope the new gen is not here until 2021 because this would mean they created the best console ever to go to waste...

I'd be all for that -- 4 years after Xbox One X (2017---->2021) and another 4x graphics/GPU performance (to handle next-gen graphics at 4K) not to mention CPU, RAM and storage.

"If we're going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers"

-Phil Spencer, 2016.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't get to Cities: Skylines until it came out on GamePass, so I was very much spoiled by the additional resources X provides to base games. Not that I'm complaining about 4K! Like I said, I very much appreciate the resolution increase for this title. It's been especially helpful when looking at my city from faraway.
I know what you mean. I'd love to have the choice of resolution vs performance in many games.

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
If this were a low budget download title, like the port of OG Doom, it would work well. However Crackdown is a big budget game and they will want to recoup that cost while eventually profiting. They need to hunt a marketing campaign, announce a release date, and do what they could to make sure people are aware it's releasing on Xbox, PC, and GamePass.

Also not sure if you meant a surprise launch exclusively on GamePass first, but that also wouldn't be a great idea. That would guarantee the smallest overall launch, excluding all pre-orders (digital or physical) while also upsetting retailers.

The whole idea reminded of the surprise Saturn launch in 95 and we all know that didn't turn out well. =p

No I didn't mean an exclusive launch on GamePass, just that it would potentially give that another bump. I'm not sure that Crackdown is quite as big a franchise now, irrespective of the money that has been spent on it. You are probably right though, it is still probably just a bit too big to be released in this way. We should see a lot more of it in June no matter what.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
No I didn't mean an exclusive launch on GamePass, just that it would potentially give that another bump. I'm not sure that Crackdown is quite as big a franchise now, irrespective of the money that has been spent on it. You are probably right though, it is still probably just a bit too big to be released in this way. We should see a lot more of it in June no matter what.

You're right that it's not a big franchise, especially after 2 and the gap leading to the release of 3. It may still be worth trying to spread awareness and grow the IP. This will largely come down to the quality of the game and how well they can market it. In the end, launching day one on GamePass will provide a bump, that's for sure.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I mean Cities looks great and all in 4k but I loaded up my biggest city last night and the framerate is incredibly bad :( I would probably choose 60fps over 4k or best would be something in between...a stable framerate plus a slight res bump...
Yeah, I played for a few hours last night and, as my city's getting more populated, I'm noticing more frequent dips in the frame rate. I'm not too terribly bothered by frame rate drops, but I did remove the "minor" part of "w/minor drops" in the OP.

Now if only I could get more people to move into my city! This game is so addictive for many reasons; I keep thinking about how I can change the layout of my city to fix XYZ problems when I'm away from my Xbox.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I've updated the OP with the latest round of OG Xbox releases. I had no idea Star Wars: Republic Commando was widescreen. I've always heard great things about the game, and I bought it on Steam some years ago, but never got to it. Being able to play on the couch and the big screen with a controller, though, is an easy decision for $10.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I've updated the OP with the latest round of OG Xbox releases. I had no idea Star Wars: Republic Commando was widescreen. I've always heard great things about the game, and I bought it on Steam some years ago, but never got to it. Being able to play on the couch and the big screen with a controller, though, is an easy decision for $10.

Republic Commando had a rare case of widescreen being hidden behind the 480i display mode. I imagine a lot of folk missed out on it, especially on 360.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a new X owner I am blown away at not only RDR but SSX 3... my god it looks beautiful!

I never dreamed of playing these games in such a way so the BC games alone have justified my purchase of the console.

Great work on the support MS!

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Digital Foundry seems like they are saying Far Cry 5 is Native 4K or fakes it perfectly if not - but the OP says unknown/1800p. Is there another analysis that suggests it might be 1800p?

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

FarCry 5 is 4k native may need to update that on your list

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Battle Chasers XB1X patch detailed.
Hey all,
We just dropped a major patch on Xbox One and PS4. This brings both up to speed with the PC version in terms of balance, features, and bug fixes.

PS4 Patch Notes: http://community.airshipsyndicate.com/t/ps4-1-04-patch-notes/4206/2

Xbox One Patch Notes: http://community.airshipsyndicate.com/t/xbox-one-patch-notes/4207/2

And for Xbox One X owners, you can now experience our combat in glorious, full 4k. Dungeons also run at a much higher 1800 as well!

Check it out in 4k (click the images for full res):

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Digital Foundry seems like they are saying Far Cry 5 is Native 4K or fakes it perfectly if not - but the OP says unknown/1800p. Is there another analysis that suggests it might be 1800p?

FarCry 5 is native 4k on the X.

FarCry 5 is 4k native may need to update that on your list
Whoops! I may have overwrote the entry with an older version from my master list, 'cause I could have swore it was set to 4K before. Changing it now.

Nice! I'm looking over the patch notes now.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly OT, but does anyone know what the best version of the Dead Rising remasters (1,2,OTR) is? Don't know if they're Pro/X enhanced.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Destroy All Humans looks glorious in 4K. Also 16:9. And it still plays well and is an overall great game.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to make the 360 enhanced games show up under the enhanced tab without reinstalling the games? Gears 2, Fable Anniversary, and RDR still aren't labeled as enhanced, but Crackdown was after I reinstalled it.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
So probably not on anyone's radar, but Immortal Redneck is coming up as enhanced for me now. Any information or details around that?

EDIT: Should have checked Twitter. 4K and maximum visual quality

https://twitter.com/immortalredneck/status/986673536076058625?s=21
Added!
DJ Lushious

New game for the list (already posted back in time but you may have overseen it)

City of Brass:
2160p
X Enhanced: higher quality lighting and higher quality shadow resolution/draw distance
HDR

Source: https://wccftech.com/city-of-brass-4k-xb1x-1080p-ps4-pro/
Thanks! I did see it before and logged the details. The game is set to come out this Friday, so I'll update the OP then. Keep 'em coming, by all means, Colbert, but if a game hasn't come out yet I gather the information and prep it to update the list upon its release.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of refreshing to be in downtown Boston in fallout 4 and not have a headache 5 minutes later because of all the studdering. I wonder what other games I should go back to

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
A handful of 4K captures of the Rally Expansion for the original Forza Horizon playing on the 1X.

incartwueq.gif