• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vkbest

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Also has anyone noticed the Hellblade trailer on the X is a pretty much locked 60fps? That's interesting because the "60hz" mode on PS4 Pro rarely reaches anything like 60fps, it's a mess.!

That is pretty wrong. The game is around 90% to 60fps on Pro. Seriously, DF always is showing the areas where games are performing bad. They did with Tomb Raider too.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
That is pretty wrong. The game is around 90% to 60fps on Pro. Seriously, DF always is showing the areas where games are performing bad. They did with Tomb Raider too.
I'm using my first-hand experience, not DF. The game is absolutely not 90% at 60fps on Pro, not even slightly. The framerate is constantly all over the place and usually nearer to 30fps than 60fps.

Oct 26, 2017
Next up is Doom I'm sure, it's been saying coming soon for a bit now right?

And hopefully we see Prey, especially now knowing new content is coming and please Ubi..... Watch_Dogs 2? I'll go for a second playthrough right away if that happens. Game just looks bad now, it just does.

Samba

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it will be anything, but a Battlefield 1 patch is dropping in an hour (12:00 CET). As there's no new content in the patch, we can hope that some sneaky X1X enhancements were added, right?

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I am shocked that Assassins Creed: Origins is not mentioned as a really good looking game. IMO one of the best looking games so far ...
It wa smentioned extensibly in the past thread. I myself have told many people it's the game I recommend as a showcase for XB1X. I played it for like an hour on OG XB before getting 1X, and the difference made the OG version look like a 360 game to me

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am ready to replay Prey if an X patch eventually hits, all being well it will appear when the expansion/stand alone title comes out. We know it's being shown at Bethesda's E3 show, June 10th so fingers crossed for X patch of original.
I put around 40+ hours into my first play through, just loved every second of it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Next up is Doom I'm sure, it's been saying coming soon for a bit now right?

And hopefully we see Prey, especially now knowing new content is coming and please Ubi..... Watch_Dogs 2? I'll go for a second playthrough right away if that happens. Game just looks bad now, it just does.
Based on comparing trials on both platforms, Prey definitely looks obviously better on PS4 Pro compared to unpatched X, but even on Pro it's still very ropey with plenty of jaggies and poor texture filtering - hence I'm holding out hope for the X patch before playing.

Resident Evil 7 is checkerboard 4K at a solid 60FPS.

Ugh, not a big fan of CB 4K based on previous experiences (HZD). What is the resolution on Pro? EDIT: Found it, only 1260p on Pro so even worse lol. Capcom needs to put in more effort - MHW was lacking too.

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
Which is just so goddamn ridiculous. Even more so because the game was featured in thst Scorpio video I believe.

To be completely fair, I don't think a Battlefield 1 patch was ever announced or even specifically hinted it. But the idea that it had the X1 marketing deal and got a Pro patch and not an X1X just feels dumb. And EA had released games that got updated for the X1X, so there is precedent that they would support updating older games.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
5edff4bd-5b0b-4f9e-90gyuiz.png

69d01d19-8a38-4368-aepuuet.png

05900d6b-8313-4b0e-a6o3u6p.png

8fe4db70-909a-4c54-86f6urv.png

8d66592d-1ad3-49c8-9egouej.png

d158c6cd-03e8-44ce-b301u2n.png

Hmm these shots look pretty blurry to me. It's like a vaseline has been applied as if the game is a lower resolution...

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Based on comparing trials on both platforms, Prey definitely looks obviously better on PS4 Pro compared to unpatched X, but even on Pro it's still very ropey with plenty of jaggies and poor texture filtering - hence I'm holding out hope for the X patch before playing.

Ugh, not a big fan of CB 4K based on previous experiences (HZD). What is the resolution on Pro? EDIT: Found it, only 1260p on Pro so even worse lol. Capcom needs to put in more effort - MHW was lacking too.

Only when outputting at 1080p (which now can be bypassed with the supersampling option)

"The PS4 Pro when outputting at 2160p renders at a resolution of 3200x1800 using what appears to be a form of checkerboard rendering. When outputting at 1080p the PS4 Pro version downsamples from a native resolution of 2240x1260 to 1920x1080."

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
Any word from peeps in here on how AC Rogue Remastered plays on the X? I never played the 360/PS3 version. I did see the DF video. It looks promising.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm these shots look pretty blurry to me. It's like a vaseline has been applied as if the game is a lower resolution...

I'd bet part of it is the game's use of chromatic aberration. If it's also checkboarded, that's a combo that gives a soft image on a 4K display. This still looks very nice, and I had played on PC originally (the IQ was very nice aside from some sub-pixel crawl, but even there it had the softer look).

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
happy about snake pass, as I have not even finished the game.
nice also that resident 7 came out for those who care. this coming out probably means most everything will come out at some point..

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd bet part of it is the game's use of chromatic aberration. If it's also checkboarded, that's a combo that gives a soft image on a 4K display. This still looks very nice, and I had played on PC originally (the IQ was very nice aside from some sub-pixel crawl, but even there it had the softer look).

That's the intended look of the game. Loads of filters & chromatic aberration.

If only we could disable that Chromatic Aberration :(

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
There are artefacts and banding in the comparison video too which aren't present in the Pro version, and textures don't look as sharp. Looks like a bad patch, and might be the reason why it's taken so long to get through certification. Still a massive jump over the S of course, but as someone who held off getting the Pro version waiting for the X patch, I wish I hadn't have bothered!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
There are artefacts and banding in the comparison video too which aren't present in the Pro version, and textures don't look as sharp. Looks like a bad patch, and might be the reason why it's taken so long to get through certification. Still a massive jump over the S of course, but as someone who held off getting the Pro version waiting for the X patch, I wish I hadn't have bothered!

I'm wondering about this, and I'd like to see more footage. I'm not on a native monitor ATM (so this may just be from the combo of Youtube and the display), but watching the above comparison video I was seeing sub-pixel crawl on things like the fan/flower on a tables [time codes at my original comment] on the Pro footage that weren't showing up in the 1X footage. I'm wondering if resolution is better on the 1X, but the actual checkboarding technique is better handled on the Pro.

I may check out my install tonight (I have it on PC and Xbox, but not Pro).

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
btw far cry 5 looks pretty good. sometimes when you wander in the forest, and the light conditions fit, you get close to eat the illusion that its a real forest

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've only just realised Prey is getting an expansion, gets my hopes up that a patch may be possible. Though that hasn't helped Battlefield 1.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I counted 2160p. The AA used in Snake Pass made it a bit difficult in finding a good clean edge, so please correct me if I've miscalculated.

btw far cry 5 looks pretty good. sometimes when you wander in the forest, and the light conditions fit, you get close to eat the illusion that its a real forest
Far Cry 5 has two different graphics options, correct? "Higher Resolution," which I've read is 1800p, but what is the other option? That other option, I assume, is 1080p, but does it seem like the graphics improve, as well as the framerate?

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Yeah it has been quite the success story for MS. I think devs are supporting it because it is such a great machine.
On the 60 fps mode it jumps from 50-60 fps when you are in combat,55-60 is very common as well. When exploring the world the 60 fps is much more stable, but even then you have the odd drop to 55. The game will be perfect for variable refresh rate if the frame rate is similar on xbox. The high res mode on Pro at least needs to be locked to 30, since there is no point in it being 30-50 fps. Xbox should be able to do a lot better in the high res mode.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 5 has two different graphics options, correct? "Higher Resolution," which I've read is 1800p, but what is the other option? That other option, I assume, is 1080p, but does it seem like the graphics improve, as well as the framerate?

I can't verify personally as it's still downloading for me, but I'm pretty sure it's been stated in the OT that the options have been removed from the release build.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
There are no graphics mode in FC5, been playing it all day on the X. Looks very good at times!

Snake Pass looks a lot less blurry now which is nice. I found RE7 to be a big upgrade, sure the game still is artistically blurry. But the picture looks way sharper and with tons of shimmering gone. It looks much better.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I can't verify personally as it's still downloading for me, but I'm pretty sure it's been stated in the OT that the options have been removed from the release build.
There are no graphics mode in FC5, been playing it all day on the X. Looks very good at times!
Good to know! I wonder, then, if the "1800p" resolution still holds true, because Microsoft lists it as "4K Ultra HD" in the enhancements list. And, though it's not a hard and fast rule, that normally means the title is some form of 3840x2160.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
it does? I have only seen a single HDR slider in the settings regarding gfx, nothing else

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
it does? I have only seen a single HDR slider in the settings regarding gfx, nothing else
deadfolk and ResidentDante informed me that was in a pre-release version of the game. Ubisoft took it out for the final code. Now the big question is, what resolution is the game running at and does it bring any further X enhancements? The pre-release news had the game pegged at 1800p.