• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm, that's curious then. I just can't get HDR to look like that. I wish it did because I love that vibrant look of the trees, sea and sky. I never quite exactly get the sky looking that bright blue, it's always darker blue for me.

The HDR setup is very good in Sot, I would just double check your colour space settings are on auto, if that isn't right it will cause some significant shifts in hue between HDR and SDR.

Oct 26, 2017
The HDR setup is very good in Sot, I would just double check your colour space settings are on auto, if that isn't right it will cause some significant shifts in hue between HDR and SDR.

It definitely is, the settings at this point are pretty much at default now too. It's strange because for other games it all looks proper but for SoT not. Nights look nice and dark and shop interiors too, but daytime is just a tad too dark for my liking in terms of colors, odd.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It definitely is, the settings at this point are pretty much at default now too. It's strange because for other games it all looks proper but for SoT not. Nights look nice and dark and shop interiors too, but daytime is just a tad too dark for my liking in terms of colors, odd.

It's a very dark game in HDR, it may be that. Do you play in a bright room?

Oct 26, 2017
It's a very dark game in HDR, it may be that. Do you play in a bright room?

Yep, the living room. Plenty of light here :)

By the way I see Far Cry 5 listed as Ultra HD 4K on the store. Is it actually native 4K on X? I really doubt that but still.

Another example of HDR in SoT.

This video at 5:22

https://youtu.be/L-6z3Iqn8Fc

For me the green here is very dark green in HDR, nowhere near as light green.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yep, the living room. Plenty of light here :)

By the way I see Far Cry 5 listed as Ultra HD 4K on the store. Is it actually native 4K on X? I really doubt that but still.

Another example of HDR in SoT.

This video at 5:22

https://youtu.be/L-6z3Iqn8Fc

For me the green here is very dark green in HDR, nowhere near as light green.

That might be it, all you can do is either turn up your TV brightness or wait for them to put a brightness adjust into the game.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Would someone with Assassins Creed: Origins be willing to test something for me? Travel to the Temple of Sekhmet in Yamu (near beginning of game), during the day, and just run down the road? Keep the camera behind you in the same spot and just run straight down the road. Upload to Xbox clips and link here.

I've tried external hard drives, clearing cache, even a full system wipe. Game still has little hitches. I'd be very grateful to see what others games look like.

Thanks!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I just got a title update for RE7 but had to leave for the Store. Is it possible that it is now enhanced based on that video above?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Official account says the Patch is coming today
Sweet. Looks like it's on sale the next couple weeks as part of some big sale that's going on the Xbox Live Marketplace too. Might be finally time to give it a shot.

also says "available now" on this page.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list?xr=shellnav

zZ8pbcp.jpg

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
New Zealand
I bought RE7 last year during a sale with the intention of playing it on the X. Today's patch is perfect timing too as I've just about finished the second DLC in AC Origins. I'll probably start it over the Easter four-day weekend. :D

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Great to see the RE7 patch is out :)

Has anyone tried Project Cars 2 recently? I heard there was a patch after release that improved performance a lot more on the X

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
So the sale also has evil within 2 and dishonored 2. It will be tough to decide which take of the three to get. Any suggestions?

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Snake Pass was recently updated today with a patch too, HDR and what's likely to have been resolution bump since it looks really clean on my 4K TCL.

Odd since I didn't see anything about it anywhere else.

EteRnal PAL

Oct 27, 2017
Would someone with Assassins Creed: Origins be willing to test something for me? Travel to the Temple of Sekhmet in Yamu (near beginning of game), during the day, and just run down the road? Keep the camera behind you in the same spot and just run straight down the road. Upload to Xbox clips and link here.

I've tried external hard drives, clearing cache, even a full system wipe. Game still has little hitches. I'd be very grateful to see what others games look like.

Thanks!
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/EteRnal PAL/video/46708463

Xboxclips site wasn't working for me so here's link to Xboxdvr site instead.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can definitely see the differences, specially on resolution. Also the console got noisy (not as bad as the PS4 pro I had) so I guess is putting the console to its knees.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Holy shit! I can finally replay the DLC. Doom next, PLEASE!

I've been checking this thread and doing Google searches for Doom patch news incessantly. Can't wait for the patch. It should look God-like on X! I probably won't even start my first playthrough when it drops; I just want to see it in its high-res glory on my 4K TV.

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, RE7 patch is not a unicorn!

Can someone(s) post some screenshots, so we can pixel count? Or is there any official word on the changes?

Snake Pass was recently updated today with a patch too, HDR and what's likely to have been resolution bump since it looks really clean on my 4K TCL.

Odd since I didn't see anything about it anywhere else.
Same as above, can you post some screenshots? And it definitely didn't have HDR before?

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, seeing all the support from devs has me really wanting to get an X. Can't afford it yet, but, someday!

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Both Snake Pass and RE7 got an update on my Xbox One X but neither are showing as Xbox One X Enhanced in My Games and Apps.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Both Snake Pass and RE7 got an update on my Xbox One X but neither are showing as Xbox One X Enhanced in My Games and Apps.
Yeah they're not showing up right away as X Enhanced but they are definitely upgraded.

Wow, RE7 patch is not a unicorn!

Can someone(s) post some screenshots, so we can pixel count? Or is there any official word on the changes?

Same as above, can you post some screenshots? And it definitely didn't have HDR before?
Nope, Snake Pass didn't have HDR before this, I'll see if I can post some screen shots of my own.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Snake Pass isn't even on the official X Enhanced list .. maybe there is hope for Prey :)

Also has anyone noticed the Hellblade trailer on the X is a pretty much locked 60fps? That's interesting because the "60hz" mode on PS4 Pro rarely reaches anything like 60fps, it's a mess.
I've only played this game on my Switch, and it's an absolute jaggy blur-fest on there. This looks almost like a completely different game!

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Don't get your hopes up for Prey. It was never stated officially that it would be patched, and it's not on the official list.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Don't get your hopes up for Prey. It was never stated officially that it would be patched, and it's not on the official list.
I've got a hunch that we'll see a patch to coincide with the upcoming expansion, even if it's standalone. It not being on the list isn't guarantee of it not happening - we got a Snake Pass patch today. Ethan Carter also wasn't on the list until post-patch.

Bethesda has been great with X support, between Dishonored 2, Wolf 2, TEW2, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Doom patch coming soon.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a hunch that we'll see a patch to coincide with the upcoming expansion, even if it's standalone. It not being on the list isn't guarantee of it not happening - we got a Snake Pass patch today. Ethan Carter also wasn't on the list until post-patch.

Bethesda has been great with X support, between Dishonored 2, Wolf 2, TEW2, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Doom patch coming soon.
The expansion does give me some hope, yes. Though, I still doubt it will happen if the expansion is standalone (which it sounds like it is). But I imagine we'll know for sure in a couple months.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, The Witcher 3 had a new patch yesterday but it still says v 1.60 after the update; I really wish they had patch notes on here.