• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
The @ followed by the username.

Skate 3 was only 640p on the 360? Huh, I thought it was a 720p title. I'll correct it.

Thanks, that's a big help.

It could actually be lower than 640p. Pixel counters back then had a hard time getting a solid number due to how blurry the game was. With the improved IQ, I wonder if the enhanced version makes it easier to get a firm count. I don't recall seeing anyone posting pics about it though.

Oct 26, 2017
Now with the Prey Twitter coming back to life I really really hope that X patch is coming. All we have is what was said to Major Nelson last year about Doom and Prey but they were not added to the list however.

At the least they can give us the Pro enhancements. Of course I'd love to see them taking full advantage of the hardware though. With Bethesda and MS having a very good business relationship you'd think it shouldn't be a question of if, but when.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Played Horizon 3 for a while yesterday and didn't get any of the open world stuttering. I swear this game is temperamental AF.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Now with the Prey Twitter coming back to life I really really hope that X patch is coming. All we have is what was said to Major Nelson last year about Doom and Prey but they were not added to the list however.

At the least they can give us the Pro enhancements. Of course I'd love to see them taking full advantage of the hardware though. With Bethesda and MS having a very good business relationship you'd think it shouldn't be a question of if, but when.
Doom is on the list but not Prey.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
How are regular Xbox One games - that did not get a proper patch - affected by X1X? Do all the 900p games get bumped to at least 1080p? I ask cause I want to get MKX, and I don't know if I should get it for my regular PS4 or X1X.

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How are regular Xbox One games - that did not get a proper patch - affected by X1X? Do all the 900p games get bumped to at least 1080p? I ask cause I want to get MKX, and I don't know if I should get it for my regular PS4 or X1X.

All unpatched games get 16XAF applied and if they have scalable Res and FPS will run at their max setting. Games with locked res and framerate will run at those settings but not go above it while still having 16XAF applied. So worst case is 16XAF applied and smooth frame rates at max res the game supports. You will also get much better loading times and textures fills

Because of this alot of unpatched games will retroactively run and look better than the PS4 versions even if at the time the PS4 version was superior when compared to the original Xbox One

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Witcher 2 looks really impressive, goes to show how decent the 360/PS3 era hardware was when you can clean up the resolution and actually see the game underneath, it's a damn good looking game and holds up pretty well to the PC version.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Non-patched games get forced V-sync (eliminates tearing), significantly better texture filtering, and improved performance. If the game has a dynamic resolution (eg Doom) then it will hit the higher resolution much more often. If the game is a locked 900p then sadly there is nothing it can do about that.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Super Lucky's Tale looks lovely on my 4k TV :)

Is there a thread dedicated to Xbox Game Pass? I couldn't find anything.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
damn, cod infinte warfare x enhanced is really impressive. excellent campaign, i really hope the universe will be continued despite the backlash at the time.

not interested in the mp though...

OP
OP
DJ Lushious

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Game is so underrated imo.

I dont think its underrated. Despite being somewhat fun its nothing special or remarkable, even being part of a genre which doesnt have that many games on the console. I do think the game got unfairly bashed and/or compared to odyssey though.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Games I won't play, but will if they get an enhanced patch:

Prey
The metro games
Darksiders remasters
Doom (I'd buy again)
BF1
Watch dogs 2
Rime
MW:R

Games with patches I'm waiting for good deals on:

Ghost Recon
Homefront
Dishonored 2

The waiting game sucks, y'all

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Game is so underrated imo.

100% Agree. They have so many different play styles, from side scrolling, 3d roaming, on-rails sections and puzzles it is a really good game. It looks and plays great. Camera could be better, but it still overall is a very fun, great looking game. It is pretty challenging as well and there is a ton of platforming and it has that "got to replay that level to get the hidden items" thing going for it as well. The new add-on looks fantastic as well. One of the most underrated games on the console.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gravel is a fun off-road racing game that came out last week and looks very impressive on the X. It even has a demo, but there was a day one patch that made the game look and run much better, so I can't say for sure the demo is updated.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to drop in to say, I played a bit of For Honor on the X. Holy smokes! It looks very impressive and love the gameplay especially the combat. Probably one of best games to show off the power of X.

Grylvak

Oct 29, 2017
So I decided to try playing Slime Rancher and I noticed HDR is not enabled when I launch it like PUBG or the Sea of Thieves closed beta do. I looked through the options and I don't see a way to enable it and a Google search comes up with no results. Is this a planned feature coming later or is there a special way to enable it?

Edit:
The Xbox One X page that shows the games and their enhancements say HDR but the store page has no mention of it.

wJKPCCP.png

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I popped in Crackdown since it was backwards compatible just to mess around. I've already sunk a few hours into the game and find myself continuously just collecting agility orbs. They have to be one of the most addictive collectibles in video game history. Actually collecting all the orbs is one of my proudest achievements on Xbox.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games I won't play, but will if they get an enhanced patch:

Prey
The metro games
Darksiders remasters
Doom (I'd buy again)
BF1
Watch dogs 2
Rime
MW:R

Games with patches I'm waiting for good deals on:

Ghost Recon
Homefront
Dishonored 2

The waiting game sucks, y'all
Prey plays much better on the X than it did on the OG/S

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bought an X this morning after owning the PUBG S bundle and returning it due to the 4k goodness. I was hesitant at first cause an extra $250 is no small price but hot damn Gears 4 looks so damn clean and there are textures where there were simply not there before. I always thought it looked a tad blurry or dull, just not as sharp, thats not the case at all anymore. I have Horizon 3 w/hot wheels, Halo MCC, Halo 5, and Sea of Theives beta all downloading currently. I have played every game so the upgrade should be noticeable within a couple minutes of playing. I cant wait for Sea of Thieves though, I am pretty sure my eyes are gonna melt.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I popped in Crackdown since it was backwards compatible just to mess around. I've already sunk a few hours into the game and find myself continuously just collecting agility orbs. They have to be one of the most addictive collectibles in video game history. Actually collecting all the orbs is one of my proudest achievements on Xbox.
Yeah i just played it for the first time on the X, and liked it a lot.

I then realized the E3 crackdown 3 trailer looked really really like crackdown 1, especially the parts I thought looked rough. Hopefully they improved things over the extra year. (secretly I hope they just reshaped the game around Terry Crews FMV)

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy to me that Doom is $5 to own at Redbox kiosks in the US. I found a copy tonight and grabbed it, even owning the PC version.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
so I just booted the assassin's creed origins on my OLED TV and my HDR settings are greyed out? it is sending HDR signal because my TV recognizes, but the HDR settings in the game are not available.?

is this a bug with AC? the other games work just fine

silentrob32

Nov 1, 2017
so I just booted the assassin's creed origins on my OLED TV and my HDR settings are greyed out? it is sending HDR signal because my TV recognizes, but the HDR settings in the game are not available.?

Same happened to me, I think it's a bug. Reboot the game and the setting magically works.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Reset your console and your TV. Should work then (and enable Deep Color on your OLED on the HDMI port connect to the One X).